HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Building Requests & Database Corrections > Completed Requests

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 4:25 PM

The numbers are from the City of London registry at City Hall.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 7:03 PM
I am the law!

I would love to add these heights. Most consider Google Earth measurements reliable as sources when you don't have the official heights. I need source documentation to make the changes. I don't understand the huge difference between Google Earth (not to mention Emporis) and your height for Talbot Centre (and being the only one I searched of those you posted)

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 10:07 PM

Well for what numbers that are being displayed, 4 on the list is correctly shown with the Centro 1 at (423 ft.), One London Place at (372 ft.), and Centro 2 at (333 ft.) and One Richmond Row at (331 ft.). So how can they all be correctly shown with the right buildings heights and all the rest being incorrectly shown. That is a problem right there on its own. Because no google earth or emporis would be that far off of height measurements than when others are shown as being correct. The numbers have been changed from what they once were before as being correct with the buildings heights to what they are being shown at right now. And that's a fact for I've been following this for too long now with London. I've also sent a message to the City of London for them to send me the official records on all high rises within the city and that will take a while for that information to get back to me once the Building Dept. has time and such. You can go and look for yourself and just type in "List of tallest buildings in London, Ontario" and it will give you a list that has all the buildings listing measured in (meters) height and that information is approved by the City of London as based facts. Then if you click onto seeing the (#) for the building and info, it shows Skyscraperspage.com pic and a very different height number than what has been approved as the true buildings height. Skyscraperspage.com has for most of the buildings shorter and with wrong numbers. First shows the official heights in meters, then Skyscrapers.com showing a total different number altogether. Conflicting numbers, but the Official numbers are the one's from the city are facts.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2022, 2:35 PM
I am the law!

One undocumented building height listed in the database verified as correct doesn't make another undocumented height correct. That's presumption; not factual.

I don't care about Emporis. Their specs have their purpose when there is nothing better. The site for pre 2000 completions is proven unreliable. However, Google Earth and Emporis having similar specs makes it extremely unlikely for their numbers to be off by as many feet as you suggest the Talbot Centre is.

Where is this list of tallest building in London? I searched the city's website and nothing came up. The only one I did find is on wikipedia which anyone can change to what they think is right. The newer ones may have come from zoning applications posted online ( I don't have the time to look them up) however, you cannot say the older ones have been sourced from the planning department. It even says they are sourced from Emporis/CTBUH. Any difference between this list and Emporis now is likely the result of Emporis heights being revised by a local editor since the wiki list was made.

A database such as SSP requires verification from reliable sources. We can't assume anything posted on a fan site is true or pick the tallest height out of the bunch because taller is better.

I await your list from the planning department. Bear in mind those heights related to zoning rather than the true height of the structure. For example, An elevator overrun mechanical penthouse may not impact the zoning bylaw and therefore will not be counted.

Old Posted May 1, 2022, 10:00 PM

I'm still waiting to see the correct heights for a large number of buildings for in the London, Ontario building display section. In the tallest buildings in the city there are only a few that are shown as correct with their total heights.

One London Place (113.4 m)/(372.07 ft)
One Richmond Row (101 m)/(331.38 ft)
Azure (96 m)/(314.98 ft)
Renaissance North (95.7 m)/(314 ft)
Renaissance South (95.7 m)/(314 ft)
Riverwalk (72 m)/(236.23 ft)
Cherryhill Village 1 (63.4 m)/(206.70 ft)

But the following are incorrect with displayed heights:

Incorrect Heights Correct Heights
City Centre Tower South (91.8 m)/(301 ft) (96 m)/(314.98 ft)
City Centre Tower North (83.5 m)/(274 ft) (89 m)/(292.01 ft)
Talbot Centre West (75.6 m)/(248 ft) (88 m)/(288.73 ft)
Talbot Centre East (75.6 m)/(248 ft) (88 m)/(288.73 ft)

** like just with the two Talbot Centre towers. Like what, did they just all of a sudden just sink into 40 foot holes out of no where's! Like that alone makes no sense what so ever. You have mentioned Google Earth as a source for what you use for building heights to be found out. that doesn't always work accurately.

Colborne Centre South Tower (75.3 m)/(247 ft) (88 m)/(288.73 ft)
Colborne Centre North Tower (75.3 m)/(247 ft) (88 m)/(288.73 ft)
Colborne Place (72 m)/ (236 ft) (87 m)/(285.45 ft)
Revo on King 1 (West) (72.6 m)/(238 ft) (86.2 m)/(282.82 ft)
*700 King St. (85 m)/(278.89 ft)
-added this in here for it is a finished building
City Place East (78.7 m)/(258 ft) (81 m)/(265.76 ft)
London Tower North (72.6 m)/(238 ft) (81 m)/(265.76 ft)
City Place West (78.7 m)/(258 ft) (80 m)/(262.48 ft)
Doubletree Hilton London (72 m)/(236 ft) (79 m)/(259.20 ft)
Revo on King 2 (East) (64 m)/(210 ft) (75 m)/(246.08 ft)
London Delta Armouries (64 m)/(210 ft) (71.5 m)/(243.59 ft)
The Harriston (76.2 m)/(250 ft) (70 m)/(229.67 ft)
Royal Bank Tower (60.3 m)/(198 ft) (68 m)/(223.11 ft)
Kingswell Tower (56.4 m)/(185 ft) (60 m)/(196.86 ft)

Now there is the total list of buildings in London that are all incorrect with the displayed heights in the buildings display section. I went through all the cities in Canada on this site and did a deep look into them and only London has turned out to be with all the incorrect heights. Its like London and its buildings are being dwarfed compared to their real heights. These correct heights are based on the level grades at entrance level to these buildings. Downtown London is all as flat as a table top. Its not an up and down hilly area. It makes me wonder if you have even been in the city of London ever. All these correct numbers that I have again given you here are the exact numbers that were displayed before for years since this site was started, then just out of no where they all changed like over night. That makes no sense at all. These numbers need to be put back to where they were before, then they will be correct.

Old Posted May 2, 2022, 12:40 AM
I am the law!

We've been over this. You need to provide reliable sources to get the heights changed. I need proof so that the info that is being shown is as accurate and factual over some false impression of accuracy from a random source posted online. We've been over Google Earth too. The information shown ( barring any misentered figures ) is accurate for that source but, yeah, the measured heights from a point of reference comes with a degree of error from officially sourced heights especially when sloped sites are involved (few are perfectly flat).

What you are saying is that Talbot Centre is nearly 5 metres per floor. That's 347 metres tall with the same number of floors as Toronto's First Canadian Place. Please let that sink in. Why can't the unsourced data from the early days of Emporis (skyscrapers.com) you think to be right actually be wrong and that these new heights from Google Earth are closer to the true heights?

I just don't have the time to google zoning data for recent developments. I'm sure links to development application are out there you could post here.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper; May 2, 2022 at 12:54 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Building Requests & Database Corrections > Completed Requests