HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Nov 6, 2022, 9:56 PM

Interesting that the site plan on Westdell's site shows Staples in an 18,000 sf space on the north end of their current building with 44000 sf as available.

https://www.westdellcorp.com/wp-cont...-Site-Plan.pdf

Old Posted Nov 6, 2022, 10:37 PM

Another Coras wanna-be?

Seriously - 3 pancakes and a coffee for $12.95

https://eggspress.ca/en/

Old Posted Nov 6, 2022, 11:28 PM

I don't like any of those breakfast chains like Coras. I'd rather go to a local place like Little Beaver or Angels

Old Posted Nov 19, 2022, 4:20 PM

The walls for the retail building are progressing well as the sheeting is now going up. Have also started framing the Wendy's walls using wood which is odd. You would typically see structural steel and steel wall joists in this type of building.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2022, 4:27 PM

Looks like they plan on building a new addition for Staples and looking to rent out the entire old A&P building. Also I didn't realize they are going to realign the driveway to the north side of the Wendy's out onto Wellington Rd.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2022, 4:42 PM

Looks like they are also removing the parking log entrance/exit just east of the Tim Hortons. That one always caused some issues

Old Posted Nov 22, 2022, 1:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inimrepus View Post
Looks like they are also removing the parking log entrance/exit just east of the Tim Hortons. That one always caused some issues
I believe that is because they are moving the drive thru onto that side. I'm not sure if they are renovating the old Tim's or building a new building.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2022, 5:48 PM

Crews are working now on the Tim Hortons and have closed the drive-thru. Can't tell if they have also closed the restaurant too in order to rebuild the interior and shift the drive-thru to the east side. I suspect they would have too to that.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2022, 11:34 PM

It's completely closed and has been for a while now. They have actually got the new curbs poured where the old drive thru was, and have already put new siding and a new window in where the drive thru window was. New curbs are also going in for the new drive thru on the other side. I wasn't sure when I last saw it if it was being demolished but it's obvious now it's being renovated.

I think the radius of the new drive thru is pretty right and I can imagine people having issues navigating it, especially those in larger vehicles.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2022, 3:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
I think the radius of the new drive thru is pretty right and I can imagine people having issues navigating it, especially those in larger vehicles.
It sure looks that way on the plan. Even the old drivethru lane with the retaining wall was aweful tight as evidenced by the amount of paint scraps on it.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2022, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWD15 View Post
It sure looks that way on the plan. Even the old drivethru lane with the retaining wall was aweful tight as evidenced by the amount of paint scraps on it.
I just noticed my typo, I meant to the say the radius is pretty tight, although it does go to the right as well lol. I had another look at it today as I was sitting at the red light. They have the dreaded 2 lane ordering stations that go single file around the first turn. Then you have to make another right, tight against the building to where the pickup window is. I suspect it won't be long after it re-opens until we see paint scrapes and chipped bricks. It reminds me of the new A&W on Colonel Talbot or the Wendys at Wonderland north in front of Farm Boy, except tighter.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2022, 6:34 PM

The Wendys now has the walls and roof structure installed. The new drive thru lanes on the east side of the timmies are now paved and concrete curbing is complete. Still working on exterior and interior finishing for the new retail building.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2023, 2:47 PM

New updated photos of the retail plaza on Westdell webpage.

https://www.westdellcorp.com/wellington-gate-centre/

Old Posted Feb 23, 2023, 4:49 PM

I really like this redesign, that plaza has been terrible for a long time. I do wonder what will fill the current Staples building though. A really solid business there is needed.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2023, 9:44 PM

The new retail building and the Wendy's still not complete. Exterior on the Wendy's yet to do. Strange how slow this work has progressed. Of note Westdell is proposing a large multi tower development in Windsor with 640 residential units and multiple retail units. With all their zoning applications in London and these Windsor units you'd think they would be beefing up their construction team.

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-n...mittee-support

Old Posted Apr 10, 2023, 8:34 PM

I did happen to notice today that the interior of the Wendys is almost complete. Maybe they ran into an issue with their brick contractor? I wonder if they would open with the outside unfinished? I don't know that I would even think to check out what appears to be an under construction restaurant to see if they are open but perhaps with enough big pink signs saying "Now Open", they could draw some traffic.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2023, 8:32 PM

The Wendy's is now open with the exterior finishing completed.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2024, 12:11 AM

Looks like Westdell may have secured a new Giant Tiger store for this plaza.

https://www.westdellcorp.com/wellington-gate-centre/

Old Posted Feb 11, 2024, 12:32 AM

I see a Dollar Tree on that list as well. Have to think they are going to start building along that empty space at the north end of the site. The site plan still shows Staples being at the other end of the existing building than it is right now as well.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 2:52 AM

Also looks like No Frills will be opening a new store in this plaza

https://www.westdellcorp.com/wp-cont...-Site-Plan.pdf

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates