HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Dec 22, 2021, 6:32 PM

Good find! I did a little digging and realized that this project is not being built by La Salle (the owners of Holland Cross). This is a Reid's Heritage Properties development.\

You guys are right: It just has too much parking.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2022, 8:55 PM

Leiper's Open House.

Video Link

Old Posted Jan 31, 2022, 10:31 PM

I don't get the obsession with having "declared" bike parking on a 1:1 for the residential units. Should they exist, YES. but I've never known these bike parking spots to be secure unless they get buried inside the building, as in behind multiple doors.

Would people not be able to store there bikes in there units? (or more likely to) because personally that is exactly where mine is and will always be stored and I don't think I'm alone in this. Provide a "freight" elevator and a wash station at the back door if dirt & damage are a concern.

https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/com...ilding_have_a/

Old Posted Jan 31, 2022, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamoforange View Post
I don't get the obsession with having "declared" bike parking on a 1:1 for the residential units. Should they exist, YES. but I've never known these bike parking spots to be secure unless they get buried inside the building, as in behind multiple doors.

Would people not be able to store there bikes in there units? (or more likely to) because personally that is exactly where mine is and will always be stored and I don't think I'm alone in this. Provide a "freight" elevator and a wash station at the back door if dirt & damage are a concern.

I'm also a bike in my unit person! but my bike is also worth a pretty penny so maybe I'm a bad example.

Last edited by SL123; Feb 1, 2022 at 2:11 AM.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2022, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL123 View Post
I'm also a bike in my unit person! but my bike is also worth pretty money so maybe I'm a bad example.
Yeah the idea you need 1 to 1 bike spots is just not reflected in reality. If free and secure storage is available it will fill up but from my experience close to half the bikes will be covered in dust with flat tires. The hard core recreational bikers will keep in their unit. The commuters will be few in number. A friend lives in a downtown building with 100 units that charges $50 a year for a bike spot and their 20 spots are under-utilized. Biking is to be encouraged I suppose but we should be realistic.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2022, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamoforange View Post

It seems to be the push in that area of the City.. Technically only 1 bicycle parking space for every 2 units but some in the area think everybody who moves in will have at least 1 bike per unit. If I had one with any value I'd keep it in my unit if there was room. On the balcony works especially if it can be kept dry.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2023, 10:28 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Updated design (February 2023)

Old Posted Mar 22, 2023, 10:35 PM

Which proposal is the 2nd building?

Old Posted Mar 22, 2023, 10:54 PM

Used to work in Holland Cross, the injection of both these towers and the others on the other side near Tunney's will be much needed.

Last edited by originalmuffins; Mar 23, 2023 at 1:38 AM.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2023, 11:13 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawacurious View Post
Which proposal is the 2nd building?
https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=211138

Old Posted Mar 22, 2023, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketphish View Post
Thank-you

Old Posted Mar 23, 2023, 12:47 PM

I really like this one. 90m seems exceptionally tall for a 25 story apartment building. I wish it was taller. The whole line along Scott is at risk of becoming a Great Clump spur if we don't get more proposals like the Granite Curling Club redevelopment and Trinity Station.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2023, 1:43 PM

Talk about confusing, all these renders look different. Some seem to have more glass, some have white panels, some have a beige/yellow-ish podium, another has black podium. What are we to expect?

Also not a fan of the podium overhang with the columns and drive-thru underneath. Reminds me of this;

Old Posted Mar 23, 2023, 5:14 PM

But what about the Beer Store?!?!?!

Old Posted Jun 6, 2023, 3:04 PM

This project will be voted on during tomorrow's Planning Committee meeting.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2023, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueNacho View Post
No super excited about this one. It just seems strange (design wise) to me.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2023, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueNacho View Post
Hopefully approved at committe & council soon after to save the city the money its going to lose at the OLT.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2024, 9:26 AM

25-Storey Ottawa Project By Reid's Heritage Properties Placed Under Receivership

The Evoke tower by Reid's Heritage Properties was planned for 1546 Scott Street in Ottawa and was set to include 230 units.

Howard Chai
June 12, 2024

Article here: https://storeys.com/reids-heritage-p...-receivership/

Old Posted Jun 14, 2024, 1:14 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenlivet Ave View Post
25-Storey Ottawa Project By Reid's Heritage Properties Placed Under Receivership

The Evoke tower by Reid's Heritage Properties was planned for 1546 Scott Street in Ottawa and was set to include 230 units.

Howard Chai
June 12, 2024

Article here: https://storeys.com/reids-heritage-p...-receivership/

Howard Chai
June 12, 2024 01:54 PM

The Evoke project planned for Ottawa has been placed under receivership, according to filings in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, joining the list of real estate development projects in Ontario that are facing insolvency.

The Evoke project was set for 1546 Scott Street, between Parkdale Avenue and Holland Avenue, about two blocks away from Parkdale Park. The property currently consists of a one-storey commercial building, occupied by The Beer Store and its surface parking lot.

The property is owned by Guelph-based Reid's Heritage Properties under Evoke Developments Ottawa GP Corp. and Evoke Developments Ottawa LP.

For the site, the developer was planning a 25-storey mixed-use tower that would include 230 residential units, 176 parking spaces, and just under 2,400 sq. ft of commercial space. The developer's website indicates that the residential units were set to be provided as "superior rental residences."

The application to appoint a Receiver over the property was filed by Starbank Developments 2000 Corp. in late-April and approved by the Ontario Superior Court on May 21.

In its application, Starbank stated that it is a first-ranking secured creditor on Evoke, pursuant to an $8.4M loan agreement the two parties reached on April 28, 2022.

According to the affidavit of Starbank's President Dung Lam sworn ahead of the receivership application, under the loan agreement, the interest rate was set at 0% for the first 46 months of the loan term and then at 14% per annum for the last two months of the loan term, calculated and payable monthly, which would have been March and April 2026.

A year after the initialRegardless agreement, on April 25, 2023, the loan agreement was amended to require that the developers pay $840K of the principal by April 28, 2023 or else the interest rate would be amended to 10% per annum, after which the developers would then have until July 28 to pay the $840K.

The developers failed to pay by April 28 and then again by July 28, and Starbank subsequently made a formal demand for payment for the amount of $8,836,280.24. The parties then reached a forbearance agreement that would give the developers until January 28, 2024 to pay $1.68M.

That day came and passed and the developer again failed to make the payment by the deadline, instead paying $500K on February 6. That failure to pay constituted a default under the loan agreement and Starbank subsequently exercised its right under the loan agreement to initiate receivership proceedings.

As of March 27, the outstanding amount is now $8,493,799.37.

According to a notice prepared by the Receiver dated May 29, Starbank is the only secured creditor, with unsecured creditors being RHH Rental Properties Ltd. for $1.2M and the City of Ottawa for an unconfirmed amount in property taxes. RHH Rental Properties Ltd. is the registered name of Reid's Heritage Properties.

The project is now likely headed towards a sales process, as is commonplace for real estate that falls into distress. This would entail the court-appointed Receiver selecting a commercial real estate brokerage to market and solicit offers for the property, before selecting a bid and presenting it to the court for final approval.

https://storeys.com/reids-heritage-p...-receivership/

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa