HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Jun 4, 2022, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
I think part of the truck culture is a self fulfilling thing. People think it's dangerous because of all the trucks so they get a truck too, which causes more people to get trucks so they don't get killed by all the trucks. Justified of course because they used the truck to take some bags of leaves to the yard waste depot one Saturday last fall. "Can't do that in a Prius" lol.

For sure there are a ton of people using trucks for work. But you go through any mall parking lot on a Saturday and look at the trucks, there's rarely a scratch in and around the bed.
I completely agree that some people purchase them just for fun which I don’t understand since they consume a lot more fuel than your typical everyday vehicle. As for the scratches and all that, a lot of people Linex their truck beds so it allows it not to get scratched. Also I know a lot of people who work in the trades that take care of their work truck so don’t expect every work truck to look banged up.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2022, 9:33 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Another fucking asshole. Every cyclist knows that there are a lot of asshole motorists.
Cyclist punched in face by driver in east London

Quote:
A London man who has cycled the same 9 km route to his job at the Salvation Army for 20 years, says he was punched in the face by an angry driver Thursday.

Peter Riley, 55, was cycling north on Adelaide St., near Kipps Lane, when he noticed a vehicle blocking the bike lane.

"I do my normal thing and yell something like, 'Hey! You're blocking the bike lane!" said Riley who makes a habit of reminding drivers to keep out of the cycling lane.

"At the next stoplight, he turns the corner, stops, gets out of his car, runs toward me and punches me," said Riley who managed to snap a photo of the man as he approached him.

"It was significant. It knocked me off my bike. The edge of my glasses cut my cheek."

Riley also got a picture of the man's vehicle and plate number.
here is the victim:

here is a shot of the scumbag who did it (still at large):

Quote:
In a statement, they said they're looking for a suspect who is between the ages of 35 and 45, medium to heavy set, wearing a black baseball hat and navy shirt.
cbc

Old Posted Jun 24, 2022, 10:00 PM

I saw that story. Crazy. Shocked it wasn't a pick up truck.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2022, 8:02 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2022, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Excellent news. Glad they were able to identify and charge him.

The name can be found in the release from LPS: https://www.londonpolice.ca/en/news/...-22-57483.aspx

Old Posted Jun 27, 2022, 8:59 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianTalk View Post
Excellent news. Glad they were able to identify and charge him.

The name can be found in the release from LPS: https://www.londonpolice.ca/en/news/...-22-57483.aspx
the guy's a UWO grad with an MSc? WTF!

Old Posted Jun 27, 2022, 9:33 PM

I see about 10 Facebook profiles with the same name and looks like the same general pictures and bio.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2022, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
the guy's a UWO grad with an MSc? WTF!
If you're referring to his LinkedIn page, it must be a lie. I have a book listing all UWO alumni and he's not in it. Also, look at how he spelled "moving".

Old Posted Jun 28, 2022, 2:54 AM
User Registered

I expect this story to be in the next Not Just Bikes video. Fake London will look even stupider because of this bloke.

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Jul 31, 2022, 7:49 PM

The Richmond gateway bridge north of Sunningdale project has been quiet for a couple of years.

see old article - https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/londo...idge-1.5769448

Any signs this is still alive at City Hall or was it shelved?

Old Posted Aug 1, 2022, 2:40 AM

I actually saw someone biking on the side of the 402 near Strathroy a few weeks ago.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2022, 5:30 PM

New in-boulevard bike paths will be installed along Bradley Avenue between Wellington and Jalna (west leg) next year.

Bradley will also be widened west of Jalna, and extended west of White Oak Rd next year and the new road will have bike paths. This means that there will be a new continuous east-west cycling link traversing from Wonderland to Wellington

https://pub-london.escribemeetings.c...cumentId=94188

Last edited by CanadianTalk; Dec 15, 2022 at 5:12 AM. Reason: grammar

Old Posted Aug 10, 2022, 7:31 PM

Seems reasonable, I look forward to hearing all about how this is a continuation of the war on cars in the city.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2022, 9:18 PM

Quote:
New in-boulevard bike paths will be installed along Bradley Avenue between Wellington and Jalna (west leg) next year.

Bradley will also be widened west of Jalna, and extended west of White Oak Rd next year and the new road will have bike paths. This means that there will be a new continuous east-west protected bike path traversing from Wonderland to Wellington

Does the bike path west of White Oak Rd go to Wharncliffe now? Or are you counting it as going through the neigbhourhood and out by Teppermans?

Old Posted Aug 10, 2022, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
Does the bike path west of White Oak Rd go to Wharncliffe now? Or are you counting it as going through the neigbhourhood and out by Teppermans?
Sorry I meant that once this bike-path installation (Wellington to Jalna) is done and the Bradley extension is done (including the rebuild between White Oak and Jalna), there would then be continuous cycling paths between Wonderland and Wellington. As far as I'm aware, the Bradley extension is also set for 2023, which I hope doesn't get deferred - fingers crossed!

I also didn't know that the path that exists today west of White Oak Rd is a multi-use path. Looking at google maps now, it looks like it leads to the stormwater pond. All this time, I thought that it was a driveway to some private property lol.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2022, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Project page for this: https://getinvolved.london.ca/bikebradley

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 4:50 AM
User Registered

2023 projects

Video Link

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 4:02 PM

Sadly we still have to wait until 2026 to see Cheapside St rebuilt between Colborne and Adelaide in order to fix the horrible concrete curbs and potholes that make using it like a scene from Death Race 2000. East of Adelaide the concrete curbing has also been destroyed by heavy buses and trucks making it barely fit for mountain bikes.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2023, 2:57 PM

Looks like they have resolved the delays in the Cheapside St bike lanes project with construction letter notices going out for start the first week of Sept and running until Dec.

https://getinvolved.london.ca/bikecheapside

Old Posted Sep 24, 2023, 11:51 PM

Quote:

Bradley will also be widened west of Jalna, and extended west of White Oak Rd next year and the new road will have bike paths. This means that there will be a new continuous east-west cycling link traversing from Wonderland to Wellington

I'm looking forward to this. I hope they work on the other side of Bradley after and extend that all the way to Highbury or even Veterans. As Summerside is ever expanding, it would be beneficial for a bike lane and 4 lanes all the way to that neighbourhood, as that road is already overcapacity.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure