HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 14, 2008, 12:50 PM
New Yorker for life

From basincreek

From toonioo

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2008, 10:00 PM
JoeCooper

Once this gets beyond 186 feet things will really get exciting!

Old Posted Dec 15, 2008, 8:46 AM
Twin Towers Guy / NYC

our best bet is to just check in once a month so we will really see some progress. this day to day is killing me...(us).

Old Posted Dec 15, 2008, 1:12 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-TOWERS View Post
our best bet is to just check in once a month so we will really see some progress. this day to day is killing me...(us).
As is this commentary. Folks, you know the drill, this tower won't be rising overnight. The constant whining does get annoying, and will do nothing to speed things up.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2008, 1:18 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote from an article in the Wall Street Journal
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1229...googlenews_wsj

Quote:
Recession Adds to WTC Troubles

Executives for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, the agency that owns the 16-acre area in lower Manhattan, and private developer Larry Silverstein are in early talks on how to cope with construction problems and the slumping property market. Solutions are likely to include delays to the 2013 targets to complete the office and retail space meant to replace the Twin Towers, according to participants in the talks.

The one office building that is rising, the Port Authority's Freedom Tower, faces impending financial difficulties. Insurance proceeds are paying for work on the tower for now, but those proceeds won't pay the $3 billion total cost. And usage at the Port Authority's money-making tunnels, ports and airports is down.

The federal government tentatively promised in 2006 to lease a chunk of the building, a commitment the Port Authority planned to use to raise construction financing. But the General Services Administration, the federal government's space-management agency, and the Port Authority have failed to agree on a lease. A GSA spokeswoman said the sides continue to work out details.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2008, 11:32 PM

Maybe they can rebuild the original towers?

Old Posted Dec 15, 2008, 11:51 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Dec 16, 2008, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaust View Post
Maybe they can rebuild the original towers?
It's not going to happen at this point, it's way too late in the game for that. I don't understand how Twin Towers II people could think that rebuilt twins still have a shot.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2008, 1:57 AM
BANNED

wow almost 200 pages!

Old Posted Dec 16, 2008, 3:04 AM

nice its moving good. I hope non of the financial problems slows it down. keep posting.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2008, 3:13 AM
JoeCooper

Tower 1 is full steam ahead and will stay that way. This is the one tower still under construction that will be completed in a timely fashon all considering...

Old Posted Dec 16, 2008, 4:20 AM
Ex Houstonian

Glad to be seeing more pictures! Keep posting and thanks a lot for them. It makes this thread a lot better.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2008, 2:35 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
Glad to be seeing more pictures! Keep posting and thanks a lot for them. It makes this thread a lot better.
The WTC site is always surrounded by tourists and curious people, so there won't be a shortage of photos once things are actually a lot more visable. Right now the Freedom Tower is the only thing peeking out of the ground, and once it starts to rise just a little bit more, there will be even more photos. I've got to get down there to get more for my own personal collection.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2008, 3:30 PM
Twin Towers Guy / NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
As is this commentary. Folks, you know the drill, this tower won't be rising overnight. The constant whining does get annoying, and will do nothing to speed things up.
i did not mean it like that. i was down there sept 1 and spent alot of time just looking and took 100's of photo's infact a member posted them for me, and i must say they have come a long way. all the hard part is almost finished . the bathtub work is the longest , but this tower is going to sprout in no time........

Old Posted Dec 17, 2008, 12:13 AM

I went down to the site today and saw that the crane on the southern half of the core jumped up by a lot. Too bad I didn't have a camera but luckily there's earth cam.

This was from the earth cam on 12/9/08

And this is today (12/16/08)

Old Posted Dec 17, 2008, 1:08 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nei!l View Post
I went down to the site today and saw that the crane on the southern half of the core jumped up by a lot. Too bad I didn't have a camera but luckily there's earth cam.
Great shots. I've noticed that in some of the photos I've seen, but couldn't post. I'll be in that area in a day or two, and can get some shots.

Also notice work on the memorial is moving along.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2008, 1:18 AM

Is there any timeline or predictions on when each tower and the memorial will be complete?

Old Posted Dec 17, 2008, 1:19 AM
Resident Jackass

there is

Old Posted Dec 17, 2008, 1:23 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M. View Post
Is there any timeline or predictions on when each tower and the memorial will be complete?
Three years for the memorial, four to five years for the office towers.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2008, 11:32 PM
Frigidus Maximus

But remember - "completion" of a tower is not the same thing has "topping out," that will happen a year or two earlier.

I ❤️ NY

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive