HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 10, 2022, 1:35 PM

well, squire ralphie ain't gonna do it, that's for sure. he'll wait for someone else and den shit on it... wish someone would try to add a picture more often, but that's the saskatoon lament

Old Posted Jul 11, 2022, 4:52 PM

Part of the issue with activity on the Saskatoon thread, compared to the Regina thread, is that we tend to focus on individual project updates in dedicated threads - not that there's many of those either, especially since River Landing has been completed.

I'd say that we have fewer political debates here than in the Regina thread. Not saying that's either good nor bad, but simply an observation. We also have less discussion on "minor" projects than the Regina thread. I agree that it would be nice to see more activity (& photos) in this thread.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2022, 7:42 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
Part of the issue with activity on the Saskatoon thread, compared to the Regina thread, is that we tend to focus on individual project updates in dedicated threads - not that there's many of those either, especially since River Landing has been completed.

I'd say that we have fewer political debates here than in the Regina thread. Not saying that's either good nor bad, but simply an observation. We also have less discussion on "minor" projects than the Regina thread. I agree that it would be nice to see more activity (& photos) in this thread.
I can start posting more in here if some wanted me too? My politics doesn't end at the Regina city limits

Old Posted Jul 12, 2022, 4:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
I can start posting more in here if some wanted me too? My politics doesn't end at the Regina city limits
C'mon now, don't everyone speak up at once...

Old Posted Jul 14, 2022, 2:23 PM

Old Posted Jul 14, 2022, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LSaskatoon View Post
Is this the first underground reservoir in Saskatoon?

Old Posted Jul 14, 2022, 2:54 PM

https://www.facebook.com/13750998979...6d4iYCfMAiHbl/

A great little infill project in Riversdale! On Spadina West.. facing the river!

Old Posted Jul 14, 2022, 6:36 PM

Demolition date set for site of Saskatoon's new downtown library

Saskatoon Star Phoenix
Author of the article: Bryn Levy
Publishing date: Jul 13, 2022

Workers will begin clearing the way for Saskatoon’s new central library branch in a few weeks.

[........]

Read more:
https://thestarphoenix.com/news/loca...wntown-library

Old Posted Jul 20, 2022, 4:08 PM
Unregistered User

Anyone know what's going up at 8th and Grosvenor where the 7-11 used to be? Looks like CRUs but I'm not sure.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2022, 12:26 PM

https://saskatoon.ctvnews.ca/saskato...ites-1.5995931

It’s sad how few people own most of the land downtown, and yet when an insanely high bidding offer like the city tries to buy your surface parking lot, you still can’t manage to sell it lol. I assume this is most likely the Cushman and Wakefield owner Midtown parking lot that needs some sort of majority shareholder vote.. eep

Old Posted Jul 21, 2022, 5:32 PM

Looks like Dutchuk Holdings bought the old Nutrien office tower

local buyer and developer, Duchuck Holdings Ltd. saw a significant value-add opportunity by repositioning the asset and implementing an aggressive leasing strategy.

Duchuck paid the full list price for the 11-storey tower, (now known as the PCS tower). The deal closed on July 5, 2022.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2022, 3:14 PM
Unregistered User

There's also something going in at the foot of the Broadway Bridge on what had been a grassy median bulb. I assume this has something to do with the proposed permanent festival site at Friendship Park but not sure?

Old Posted Jul 22, 2022, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phone View Post
There's also something going in at the foot of the Broadway Bridge on what had been a grassy median bulb. I assume this has something to do with the proposed permanent festival site at Friendship Park but not sure?

Yes, that is the first building being built for the festival site. As per this article, it's highly controversial (*sarcasm*) due to the neighbouring condo residents potentially seeing people using an indoor public washroom. I guess they prefer the current practice of people urinating outdoors.

https://thecanadian.news/we-will-hav...-washroom-plan

Old Posted Jul 22, 2022, 5:28 PM
Peddling to progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfgh View Post
As per this article, it's highly controversial (*sarcasm*) due to the neighbouring condo residents potentially seeing people using an indoor public washroom.
The quotes in that article are unbelievably stupid. I'm glad the city didn't have to waste the regular public consultation process by giving airtime to those NIMBYs.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2022, 2:56 PM

Update on the 'Montage' a project by Meridian. Pretty cool infill in University Heights!

Old Posted Jul 24, 2022, 5:02 PM

^^^^I didn't think University Heights was old enough to have "infill". It's just a term I think of relating to underused space in old neighbourhoods.

Regardless, thanks for the photo update to this and the individual Saskatoon project threads - Much appreciated!

Old Posted Jul 24, 2022, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianDriverYXE View Post

Update on the 'Montage' a project by Meridian. Pretty cool infill in University Heights!
That first picture is great, in that it shows how bad Uni Heights commercial development is. You have a huge number of residential units across the street, but they look at the back side of the commercial building and have to walk all the way around the building to access the stores there.

It blows my mind how focused developers are on having the ugliest big parking lots, when they have so many residential units across the street.

And as for this being an 'infill', it's not, this would be the first building ever on that site. It's just built well after most of the other sites in Uni Heights.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2022, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
^^^^I didn't think University Heights was old enough to have "infill". It's just a term I think of relating to underused space in old neighbourhoods.

Regardless, thanks for the photo update to this and the individual Saskatoon project threads - Much appreciated!

ah I see, that makes sense! sorry for using the wrong terminology and thank you for the lesson on "Infill", I didn't know it only applied to older neighbourhoods.

And no problem, I've been following this forum since the construction of Nutrien Tower and I am happy to have found a community who likes to talk about what's happening in our city.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2022, 1:35 AM

Thank you for posting the photos! Always much appreciated.

Random question, but does anyone know what happened with the sale of the next River Landing parcels? I recall the city posting some info about this around the time Parcel Y was under development. Since then, I haven't heard a thing.

On another random note, sometimes I dream about those rendering Cushman & Wakefield had briefly posted with a a complete redevelopment of the mall and new condos at the existing Toys R Us site. Imagine River Landing parcel Y, Toys R Us redeveloped into mixed-use non-repulsive development, and the other River Landing parcels all creating a beautiful river-front skyline.

Our city has taken definite steps in the right direction, but holy shit does it ever have a long way to go. We still have way too many "small town" vibes.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2022, 11:53 PM
Community Guy

Transit, population key factors in location of proposed Saskatoon arena district, experts say

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...-say-1.6535226

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan