HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Feb 15, 2024, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
It's a great idea, and would add a lot of health to the neighborhood. In a way, what's old is new again, since in the past many neighborhoods were anchored by a major employer (like factories). I think it would be beneficial to spread some jobs out geographically, especially to neighborhoods that are still easy to reach by transit
This.

What always struck me about NoLibs when I lived there was that there is a surprisingly large day time population in Northern Liberties, because there are a fair number of sizeable employers. The IRS on Spring Garden, Kieran Timberlake on American Street, Lagos Jewelry HQ on 5th Street, and a good number of small/niche manufacturing companies (more like artists who make furniture and that kind of stuff) that still operate in the neighborhood. The residential and commercial components of NoLibs very much sorta mix throughout the neighborhood, particularly up to 4th Street or so, after which it gets much more consistently residential. This would just continue slash compound the impact.

Fishtown is very much just residential once you get off of the 2 main commercial corridors.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2024, 4:34 PM

Race Street Labs welcomes first tenant to former Hahnemann Hospital space as owner pl

"In the same vicinity, Iron Stone is still developing plans for about 600,000 square feet of former hospital space that stretches from Race Street Labs along Race Street out to Broad Street, which was part of its portfolio acquisition from Harrison Street Real Estate Capital of Chicago. The deal did not include Hahnemann's north and south patient towers, which are still on the market."

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...source=twitter

https://racestreetlabs.com/photos-plans/

Old Posted Feb 16, 2024, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
Honestly, it would be a good corner for redevelopment. A 1 story building there isn't the best use. I'm assuming Starr doesn't have anything to do with the actual property, and haven't seen any for lease signs so who knows what the landlord is doing
Actually looking at the property history for this Starr was the owner of the property until at least 2014 when there was a $1 sale to another LLC. The deed history of this property looks very complicated but Starr was the owner of the property in 2001 which is the earliest record available in Philadox

Old Posted Feb 16, 2024, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisinphilly View Post
Actually looking at the property history for this Starr was the owner of the property until at least 2014 when there was a $1 sale to another LLC. The deed history of this property looks very complicated but Starr was the owner of the property in 2001 which is the earliest record available in Philadox
I’ve always thought he owned it. Starr Catering and maybe even his whole restaurant group was HQd at the adjoining facility just east of Continental on Market St (maybe it still is?) for a long time.

Borromino is exciting - but the one culinary black hole in his restaurant empire over the last 25 years has always been Italian - he’s tried a few times and they’ve all failed. It’s tough to kitsch-ify traditional Italian, especially in a city that knows it.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2024, 10:09 PM
Chris

An Even Smaller Addition Proposed for Rittenhouse Condo Overbuild

https://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phil...ndo-overbuild/

Old Posted Feb 18, 2024, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
An Even Smaller Addition Proposed for Rittenhouse Condo Overbuild

https://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phil...ndo-overbuild/
Honestly this is the right move, in my opinion. I've always lamented the loss of the rowhomes on Walnut, and the original overbuild was out of scale. This will blend in with the project on its left.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2024, 2:15 PM
Chris

Zoned CMX-5.

Rittenhouse Square property formerly home to Kitchen Kapers lists for $3.75M

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...se-square.html

Old Posted Feb 19, 2024, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Zoned CMX-5.

Is this lot big enough to support a tower? I can't read the article. Perfect location for a boutique condo building.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2024, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
Is this lot big enough to support a tower? I can't read the article. Perfect location for a boutique condo building.
I think the lot next door is also available

Old Posted Feb 19, 2024, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Zoned CMX-5.

I think a tower here anytime soon is a pipe dream even if they assembled the adjacent Salty Paw building. The lot would be rather small to make anything work. Plus, there are a number of proposed developments in the area that have been stalled for a few years now. Not to mention, I’d think the 1700 block would be developed first before anything is demolished nearby.

My best hope would be that they’re fixed up, leased to good retailers and maybe a few additional floors are added. Would really suck if they were demolished and we got a hole in the ground for five years lol

Old Posted Feb 19, 2024, 5:47 PM
Chris

Quote:
In order to produce a sizeable building, a developer would likely need to buy the building next door (also for sale).

From the article...

Together, they offer roughly 6,400 square feet of space and have a lot size of 2,550 square feet, property records show.

He said the property could be bought and renovated or redeveloped entirely, either on its own or with an adjacent building. The neighboring property at 211 S. 17th St. was listed for sale in November and currently has an asking price of $2.1 million. That building is home to Salty Paws, a dog ice cream bar and pet shop.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2024, 11:03 PM

New Development in the odd lot across from Presbyterian Hospital. Looks to be 4 floors?

IMG_3149 by Justin Heger, on Flickr

Old Posted Feb 20, 2024, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhigh07 View Post
I think a tower here anytime soon is a pipe dream even if they assembled the adjacent Salty Paw building. The lot would be rather small to make anything work. Plus, there are a number of proposed developments in the area that have been stalled for a few years now. Not to mention, I’d think the 1700 block would be developed first before anything is demolished nearby.

My best hope would be that they’re fixed up, leased to good retailers and maybe a few additional floors are added. Would really suck if they were demolished and we got a hole in the ground for five years lol
I'm not thinking of a huge building like the Laurel.

I'm thinking of a tall skinny building a la 1706 Rittenhouse where each floor is a unit.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2024, 1:51 PM

Quote:
I'm not thinking of a huge building like the Laurel.

I'm thinking of a tall skinny building a la 1706 Rittenhouse where each floor is a unit.
The parcel is even smaller than 1706. They’d need to cobble to together a few more adjacent properties, which was mentioned in the article, to make it work. It’d be a stretch with just the Salty Paw property. They’d almost have to include the three other properties on Walnut to make any kind of large scale development viable. Again, this is secondary to my point of the present market being able to accommodate a skinny luxury tower.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2024, 2:03 PM
Arch. Engineer+Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhattersLT View Post
New Development in the odd lot across from Presbyterian Hospital. Looks to be 4 floors?

IMG_3149 by Justin Heger, on Flickr
Anyone have renderings of this building?
The only thing I could find online is this article from 2021.
https://www.rising.realestate/40-uni...philly-parcel/

Old Posted Feb 20, 2024, 2:12 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch+Eng View Post
Anyone have renderings of this building?
The only thing I could find online is this article from 2021.
https://www.rising.realestate/40-uni...philly-parcel/
From NakedPhilly, if you scroll to near the bottom. Looks like a basic 4-story building.

https://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phil...-philly-church

Old Posted Feb 20, 2024, 3:37 PM

More Penn's Landing Cap progress

Just got this alert from ReadyPhiladelphia:

Quote:
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced that southbound Interstate 95 will be closed and detoured from Saturday evening, February 24 at 5 p.m., to Monday morning, February 26 at 5 a.m., between I-676/Callowhill Street (Exit 22) and the Morris Street on-ramp in Philadelphia. This closure comes as PennDOT continues demolition under its $329 million CAP project to replace and expand the covered area over I-95 in Penn's Landing.

Motorists are advised to avoid the closure area because significant backups and delays will occur on I-95 and several surface streets in the vicinity of the work area.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2024, 8:15 PM

What ever happened to Rising Real Estate, did it just disappear?

Old Posted Feb 20, 2024, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
More Penn's Landing Cap progress

Just got this alert from ReadyPhiladelphia:
What I wouldn't give for a webcam.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2024, 11:06 PM
Fishtown & Country

2/22
2nd & Race Sts

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development