HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Two Gilmore Place in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Burnaby Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted May 26, 2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilmoreStation View Post
There will probably be so few units, if any, available for the public
Noway, f and f can't absorb all 60+ stories of condos. There will be many available to public, albeit less desirable units.

Old Posted May 26, 2017, 10:47 PM

F & F includes overseas investors (via local realtors), so I won't be surprised in the slightest if it "sells out" (with a convenient "final collection" going to market a few months later).

Old Posted May 26, 2017, 11:02 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBatman View Post
Oh that sucks...
Welcome to Vancouver! I mean Burnaby!

Old Posted May 27, 2017, 12:18 PM
BANNED

Looks like Onni is getting a lot of bad reviews online pointing out that the developer is owned by the De Cotiis family.
http://www.condoadvisory.com/developer.php?item_id=5158
http://gangstersoutt.blogspot.ca/201...lo-and-de.html

Old Posted May 27, 2017, 9:39 PM

I hear allot of the units in the new developments in bentwood are speculative plays. Like Solo is mostly empty. Looks like what will happen is that F&F, or better known as speculators (often from overseas or with no real roots to Vancouver) snap up the best value units (which does not necessarily mean good value), then the shit will be presented to the public which includes less sophisticated speculators as well, then they will say its sold out. Then at some point some extra last batch of units will be found months later. Rinse repeat.

Old Posted May 29, 2017, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornholio View Post
I hear allot of the units in the new developments in bentwood are speculative plays. Like Solo is mostly empty. Looks like what will happen is that F&F, or better known as speculators (often from overseas or with no real roots to Vancouver) snap up the best value units (which does not necessarily mean good value), then the shit will be presented to the public which includes less sophisticated speculators as well, then they will say its sold out. Then at some point some extra last batch of units will be found months later. Rinse repeat.
I live in Stratus at Solo and it is definitely not empty. Not at all. It is mostly lived in either by owners or renters.

Old Posted May 29, 2017, 8:12 PM

Quote:
What's your source?

Old Posted May 30, 2017, 12:02 AM

Quote:
I live in Brentwood.

Very low vacancy, super busy skytrain, all busy busy. Rents are up like whoa.

Everyone in Metro Van is a speculator at this point, but I don't think Brentwood is particularly worse than other areas of the metro.

Old Posted May 30, 2017, 1:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
What's your source?
Friends living in the buildings and my self. But you can go look at 10pm and count the lights that are on, or talk to people in the buildings like Solo for example. Also heard the pre sales for Brentwood etc. were mostly speculators of the same type as in Richmond and recent developments in Metrotown. Time will tell but lots of those units will surely sit empty upon completion.

I believe someone here bought into Solo, they may not want to disclose the reality but if they feel like it they can confirm what percent of units is actually occupied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofina View Post
I live in Brentwood.

Very low vacancy, super busy skytrain, all busy busy. Rents are up like whoa.

Everyone in Metro Van is a speculator at this point, but I don't think Brentwood is particularly worse than other areas of the metro.
Low vacancy because as far as I know many units are sitting empty. They are held to flip in the future not to rent.

Old Posted May 30, 2017, 3:33 AM

Quote:
Friends living in the buildings and my self. But you can go look at 10pm and count the lights that are on, or talk to people in the buildings like Solo for example. Also heard the pre sales for Brentwood etc. were mostly speculators of the same type as in Richmond and recent developments in Metrotown. Time will tell but lots of those units will surely sit empty upon completion.

I believe someone here bought into Solo, they may not want to disclose the reality but if they feel like it they can confirm what percent of units is actually occupied.

Low vacancy because as far as I know many units are sitting empty. They are held to flip in the future not to rent.
Some units on the MLS showed inside photos where only a single bed or foamy mattress was laid on the floor and no TV or basic furniture is evident. Generally someone temporarily camps in the unit (son, daughter, friend, extended family member of the actual owner on title) to establish grounds it is occupied for purposes of designating it as a principle residence prior to its disposition.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2017, 10:14 AM

has this been posted already?

Old Posted Jun 19, 2017, 4:03 PM

Drove by yesterday and there was a couple signs on the property for this project. Not sure how long they have been there though.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2017, 2:10 AM

Went to Gold's today. Driving in I saw an excavator on site and working. It was in between Gold's and the Skytrain Station.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2017, 3:15 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sburnaby33 View Post
Went to Gold's today. Driving in I saw an excavator on site and working. It was in between Gold's and the Skytrain Station.
WOW...if by "today" you mean today Sunday...I'm impressed that they are working on the last day of the weekend!

Old Posted Jul 10, 2017, 4:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliplanner1 View Post
WOW...if by "today" you mean today Sunday...I'm impressed that they are working on the last day of the weekend!
It was today, as in Sunday. I also thought it was impressive. Will be exciting living close to this development.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2017, 3:10 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sburnaby33 View Post
It was today, as in Sunday. I also thought it was impressive. Will be exciting living close to this development.
...makes sense given all this sunny/warm weather. If I were a (real estate) developer I'd take advantage of all these dry/sunny days (including the weekend) so as to speed up construction timelines towards lowering overall investment costs.

Last edited by Caliplanner1; Jul 10, 2017 at 3:41 PM.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 7:43 PM
BANNED

Where is the sales centre for this project?

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 8:16 PM

that latest rendering looks.. less ambitious...

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 9:39 PM

Do you guys think this will be the tallest building in Brentwood skyline wise?

Its much lower than the mall towers and Solo. Wonder if some of the massive tower height will be lost to the lower elevation of the site.

Or are we expecting the tower to be tall enough not to matter?

Either way the urban canyon along Lougheed will definitely have a neat start once this gets going.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 11:30 PM

There was a brief mention in the West Coast Condo magazine and the tall tower is described as 65 storeys.
Take that with a grain of salt.

Last edited by officedweller; Oct 16, 2017 at 11:49 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley