HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 9:20 PM
BANNED

[QUOTE=Ballister;8942630]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
Maybe someone could email the contact for the development and ask?

Perhaps you should email them or is your email down?
I wasn’t trying to be witty. Crested took time to post asking someone else to find out something of interest to HIM. The onus was on him to email the developer.

“It stinks in here, can someone take the trash out?”

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 9:39 PM

[QUOTE=Ballister;8942851]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballister View Post

I wasn’t trying to be witty. Crested took time to post asking someone else to find out something of interest to HIM. The onus was on him to email the developer.

“It stinks in here, can someone take the trash out?”
FWIW - I emailed the developer weeks ago to get clarification on the web site. There are zero response from the developer - but the site was updated days later.

I asked specific questions that we pondered here in the thread - zero response.

It doesn’t seem likely they’re going to respond to the ‘general public’ on this project at this point. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 9:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymox View Post

FWIW - I emailed the developer weeks ago to get clarification on the web site. There are zero response from the developer - but the site was updated days later.

I asked specific questions that we pondered here in the thread - zero response.

It doesn’t seem likely they’re going to respond to the ‘general public’ on this project at this point. Maybe someone else will have better luck.
I did Check their response a page back.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post

Sean can feel free to ban me for my comments here because frankly I have had enough of you ass-hat.

First off, you only provided the assessor website. You DID NOT SHOW ME HOW to look up anything and I was already well aware of how to make a public records request well before you were ever here. Again, why don't YOU MAKE AN EFFORT and try researching something? You don't provide anything on this forum and only provide snide witty remarks towards other forum members and then get pissed off when they have their own opinion that is not the same as yours.

I have done more than enough on this site and I have spent countless hours of researching these things, uploading them to Imgur, putting them on my Google drive and then posting them here for everyone's knowledge. Many others here have done the same...except you. If you have time to make smart-ass shitty comments towards others on here, then you can spend a few minutes of your precious time sending an email.

Oh and all the stuff you spent "countless hours" putting together in the rundown thread, most of that stuff was provided by other forumers. Not any of it was stuff you actually researched and contributed. As I said yesterday...riding the backs of others.

Sean, I'll just do you a favor and see my own way out the door.
CrestedSaguaro, please do not leave. I, and many others here find you to be very valuable and appreciate all of the hard work that you do.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
Relax, pal.

If you can't see the irony there then I can't help you. This isn't a me vs. you scenario but if you want me to remind you how many dozens of hours I spent on that rundown thread and getting that level of organization done only to have it ignored then I will. I gave you all a centralized place to have all your updates and list all projects in an easy to read fashion. I think I can say I put my work in.
We may not always agree, but I appreciated all of your contributions as well.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 10:38 PM
Skyriser

Let's describe what I do here accurately, and that is, tell EVERYONE to knock it off because it's offtopic and I get tired of the petty drama.

I specifically do not police tone of voice or that sort of crap, 1, because its impossible to be certain, 2, I'm not a 4th grade teacher, 3, I have better things to do, and 4, there would be hardly anybody left. Nor am I going to get in the middle of what any two random people, who seem to be adults, think of each other for those reasons.

If you have some issue with a forumer I recommend you click their name, click User Lists, and Add to Ignore list. The way it seem how some of you don't do that means that you must enjoy these pissing matches in some fashion I'd rather not know about.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2020, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
Saguaro, if I tell you that you did a great job and give you a round of applause and tell you that you're prettier than the other girls will you stop turning something I enjoy into a competition?

I'll just go back to reading like I have since the early 2000s before I joined. I hope that will bring you great joy.
You just can't help yourself can you? You're just a self absorbed jerk. Are you sure your not Soleri or Vandercook in disguise? Meh...I'll just keep watching the drama.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2020, 6:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANUC View Post
You just can't help yourself can you? You're just a self absorbed jerk. Are you sure your not Soleri or Vandercook in disguise? Meh...I'll just keep watching the drama.

I for one thought the board was a little slow during the period when Vicelord was banned and Biggus showed up. My thoughts on the drama aside, he keeps things going during the slower times and has good opinions on the development of the city.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2020, 8:39 PM

Like him or not, Biggus is right most of the time and has good knowledge of the market.

Everyone stop being snowflakes and don't take everything so personally.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2020, 9:01 PM
Skyriser

It's funny that after attempting regulation and suggesting people use the ignore list, somebody has to jump in and get THEIR word in.

Insulting people as you interject yourself into arguments that have nothing to with you is the sort of thing I'm going to start meting out suspensions for, ESPECIALLY AFTER I WARN PEOPLE.

AGAIN. KNOCK IT OFF

There will be no further warnings.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2020, 3:31 PM

Well, it's official...

Heard back from James again from Medistar. Looks like it is official, the hotel component is dead. From his email:

"Last Wednesday, we received approval from the City Council, in an 8 to 1 vote, to remove the hotel component from the project. We found that given the current economy, no hotel is financeable and we could not continue with that aspect of the project. We also added more apartment units, with a current count of 362 in 32 stories (365'), and one more floor of student housing units, bringing that component to 244 units in 19 floors (230'), and 712 beds. The first floor of retail spaces totals about 30,000 SF, and the two floors of office total approximately 70,000 SF. Two floors of below-grade parking include 430 parking spaces. Ground breaking targeted for March of 2021, but fencing the site for preconstruction work (removing trees, disconnecting utilities, etc) in December of this year."

The following rendering was also shared...

Last edited by ASU Diablo; Jun 29, 2020 at 3:53 PM.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2020, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Heard back from James again from Medistar. Looks like it is official, the hotel component is dead. From his email:

"Last Wednesday, we received approval from the City Council, in an 8 to 1 vote, to remove the hotel component from the project. We found that given the current economy, no hotel is financeable and we could not continue with that aspect of the project. We also added more apartment units, with a current count of 362 in 32 stories (365'), and one more floor of student housing units, bringing that component to 244 units in 19 floors (230'), and 712 beds. The first floor of retail spaces totals about 30,000 SF, and the two floors of office total approximately 70,000 SF. Two floors of below-grade parking include 430 parking spaces. Ground breaking targeted for March of 2021, but fencing the site for preconstruction work (removing trees, disconnecting utilities, etc) in December of this year."

The following rendering was also shared...

32 isn't the end of the world and still has the second tower at 19. I'm OK with this.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2020, 5:14 PM

The removal of the hotel component isn't all that bad but I am disappointed that it won't be 37 stories at 420´. I was hoping for at least another 400' plus tower to add to the skyline but at least it will be built, so I can't be too upset. I still believe this project will help with more development downtown.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2020, 5:27 PM

Yeah another 400' tower would've been awesome but at least it's getting built and addresses the street pretty well and seamless transition to Civic Space Park. 2 more cranes to add to the growing list in 2021

Last edited by ASU Diablo; Jun 29, 2020 at 5:44 PM.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2020, 5:27 PM

Looks amazing! I'm 100% fine with the height. This is a major density booster!

Really the only note I have, and it's being nitpicky... but I'm kinda surprised about there not being any balconies. Is it just me or are more residential towers being built/proposed without balconies?

Old Posted Jun 29, 2020, 6:00 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawd View Post
Looks amazing! I'm 100% fine with the height. This is a major density booster!

Really the only note I have, and it's being nitpicky... but I'm kinda surprised about there not being any balconies. Is it just me or are more residential towers being built/proposed without balconies?
Just this and Kennect. I think the rest all have balconies.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2020, 6:06 PM
BANNED

This is a genuine win for the city and will be a great-looking project.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2020, 7:27 PM

I'm a little frustrated that we won't be getting an Intercontinental Hotel; however, I'll be happy if what's left of the project comes to fruition. All that means is that hopefully another empty lot downtown will be developed with the hopes of including another hotel component.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2020, 1:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azliam View Post
I'm a little frustrated that we won't be getting an Intercontinental Hotel; however, I'll be happy if what's left of the project comes to fruition. All that means is that hopefully another empty lot downtown will be developed with the hopes of including another hotel component.
Maybe something awesome will get developed on the lot across the street from The Westward Ho? 👀 wishful thinking~

Old Posted Jun 30, 2020, 2:03 AM

Yeah I don't see anything happening in that parking lot for awhile.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest