HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 18, 2014, 12:22 AM

My latest WTC Video from today:

By QUEENSNY121:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PIyc...re=c4-overview

Old Posted Feb 18, 2014, 12:41 AM

Old Posted Feb 18, 2014, 5:32 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2014, 5:53 PM

Nice progress

EarthCam

Last edited by randy1991; Feb 18, 2014 at 6:56 PM.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2014, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy1991 View Post
Nice progress

EarthCam

That's good progress and keep it up the good work.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2014, 8:13 PM

^^^
That glass looks like it will be done next week.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2014, 9:41 PM
weidncol

The orange netting atop the communication rings is finally coming off. Now once the yellow "sticks" come off, it will look complete!

Old Posted Feb 19, 2014, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weidncol View Post
it will look complete!
The building will not be complete until this thread reaches a deeply symbolic 1776 pages.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2014, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r18tdi View Post
The building will not be complete until this thread reaches a deeply symbolic 1776 pages.
It took over 3 months for this forum to go 44 pages. Now that all depends on how often people post, etc. Let's just say it will take about the same amount of time until we hit page 1,776, I doubt the building will be finished by June since there is still plenty of work to do. I say by end of '14 early '15 the building will be finished. I tend to ignore dates when a project is completed as it's rarely ever completed on time. One WTC had a long history of dates for completing the building. I'll just say it will get done when it gets done.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2014, 2:51 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Capital New York:

Condé Nast W.T.C. digs ‘well underway,’ move begins November
By Joe Pompeo 2:18 p.m. | Feb. 18, 2014

One World Trade Center. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)

Quote:
Condé Nast is beginning the rollout of its upcoming move to 1 World Trade Center, the soaring skyscraper where it has agreed to live for at least the next 25 years.

In one of the first significant internal communications about the move since Condé Nast signed a lease in May 2011, employees of the magazine publisher were informed today that the relocation from their long-time offices at 4 Times Square will begin in November, Capital has learned.

"I am pleased to share that the interior construction of our new space at 1WTC is well underway," chief executive Chuck Townsend wrote in a memo obtained by Capital. "This relocation represents a historic moment for our company and symbolizes the enormous transformation we have undergone in the past few years. ... As the anchor tenant in one of the world’s most anticipated architectural sites, we have an unprecedented opportunity to take part in shaping the future of New York City."

Condé Nast's move to 1 World Trade Center, a joint development between the Port Authority and The Durst Organization, has a transformative potential for Lower Manhattan, which has slowly but steadily been rebuilding its economy since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. Condé Nast's glamorous employees are expected to bring a new cachet to the area around the new World Trade Center, raising the bar for local food, retail and hospitality businesses.

The company, publisher of such venerable titles as Vogue, The New Yorker and Vanity Fair, is also seen as the centerpiece of what appears to be a burgeoning media boom in Lower Manhattan.

As Capital reported last week, 15 media companies committed to relocating to the area from 2011 through the first six months of last year, bringing the total number of media tenants to around 80, according to the Alliance for Downtown New York. News and publishing outlets in the vicinity include American Media Inc., the Daily News, Newsweek, The Village Voice and Fast Company. Time Inc. is said to be weighing a move to Lower Manhattan as well.

Condé Nast will be the first major corporate tenant to set up shop inside 1 World Trade Center, a protracted construction project the represents the rebirth of Lower Manhattan and the resilience of a post-9/11 New York.

At 1,776 feet and 104 floors—24 of which will be occupied by Condé Nast—the building is America's tallest, though roughly 1.4 million square feet remains unleased. Condé Nast's 25-year deal was packed with tax incentives and worth a reported $2 billion.

Townsend's memo touted "the most innovative elements of energy and environmental design" as well as "advanced office technology." He added that "many of our technology and production colleagues," including employees of Condé Nast Entertainment, will move from 1166 Avenue of the Americas to three redesigned floors at 222 Broadway, adjacent to 1 World Trade Center.

The company's 1.2 million square feet of office space on floors 20 through 44 of 1 World Trade include "amenity floors" on 34 and 35 "connected by an extraordinary, interior spiral staircase," according to Townsend's memo. "These floors will house our visitors reception, conference center, library, auditorium, art gallery, private dining, cafeteria and after-hours café.."

You can read Townsend's full memo HERE

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Feb 20, 2014, 12:58 AM
New Yorker for life

More falling ice drama...

http://nypost.com/2014/02/19/falling...-side-highway/

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1619552

'You could see the pieces of ice falling from the sky from the building. They were big ... like a baseball, maybe bigger, like a soccer ball,' one passerby said.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2014, 8:34 PM

EarthCam

They are placing the glass very quick now, not long to go

Last edited by randy1991; Feb 20, 2014 at 9:22 PM.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2014, 9:56 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Feb 21, 2014, 8:37 PM
Greetings from New Jersey

MY WTC pictures from the other day...

045 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

046 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

051 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

Old Posted Feb 21, 2014, 10:36 PM
New Yorker for life

The spire issue is one that will live one....

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/nei...fter-all/8467/

Quote:
.....after the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat designated Manhattan's Freedom Tower to be taller than the Willis Tower, despite its "vanity height," Chicago may need the kind of pick-me-up of that can only be found through a new super-tall structure. "We still don't acknowledge the Freedom Tower's spire," says Osmond.

YanqiChang

mobiledave703

schillid

Old Posted Feb 22, 2014, 12:22 AM
Come As You Are

The entire debate wouldn't even matter if the plans for restarting the Chicago Spire are true. It trumps even 1WTC's spire.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2014, 1:37 AM

I think this building is drop dead gorgeous.

Losing the base chamfering still bugs the heck out of me, but all this talk of the spire seems silly to me. It looks fine. Good even.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2014, 8:57 PM
BANNED

I give the final building a B+ as it stands now. It could have an A- if the spire and base were as originally designed but lack height and the narrowing of the width makes it far from perfect. That being said it could still drop to a C+ because of the base. If the base glass fails to live up to the renderings and it looks off or weird or a strange green color I will lower the grade. If Tower 2 ever gets built it may steal the thunder of this building even more. When its finished (who knows since this damn thing keeps dragging on) I will give the final grade which won't be up for debate.

As of now its a B+.

Last edited by Bertrice; Feb 22, 2014 at 9:36 PM.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2014, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
The entire debate wouldn't even matter if the plans for restarting the Chicago Spire are true. It trumps even 1WTC's spire.
I feel like I'm one of the few who truly doesn't care about the "freedom tower" being the tallest building in 'Murica. Is this some sort of patriotic ego thing? I'm glad that the parapet matches the height of the original 1WTC.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2014, 10:49 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive