HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 19, 2021, 3:19 PM

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6MK6rZMTQqvC4iVn9

Anybody have info on the baydo building going up? I saw them putting fence up this week, 700 units sounds like it could be a massive building

Old Posted Jun 19, 2021, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddo View Post
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6MK6rZMTQqvC4iVn9

Anybody have info on the baydo building going up? I saw them putting fence up this week, 700 units sounds like it could be a massive building
your link doesn’t work - r u regarding another big baydo project?

Old Posted Jun 19, 2021, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post
your link doesn’t work - r u regarding another big baydo project?

http://www.cushmanwakefieldsaskatoon...n-Crossing.pdf

What about that one? I'm just on my phone.

But yes it says baydo is doing a 700 rental unit project in 2 phases in Evergreen

edit:

I can confirm that all the info for the NP town houses is right, concrete is started on the first 52 units for them. At the baydo site across the road they were putting fence up on tuesday and wednesday. they have a few supplies out there already and the site has already been staked out so it seems like they're just about ready to go. I've looked and I can't find anything about this project other than what's in that pdf.

Last edited by reddo; Jun 20, 2021 at 2:35 AM. Reason: Fixing link

Old Posted Jun 20, 2021, 5:22 AM

Baydo's 70-ish units on Broadway get raked over the coals (though not without cause), while 700 units out in the sticks is "business as usual." Credit to Baydo for making a buck wherever they can, but the city's priorities in allowing this kind of density on the fringes of the city have to be questioned. Phase One alone will be slightly smaller than the two towers on 5th, if/when those are fully built. Those towers were touted as "the largest residential development in the city's history" (https://thestarphoenix.com/news/loca...town-saskatoon). It looks like they won't hold that title for long. Hello unbridled suburbia.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2021, 3:13 PM

Aspen Ridge area is legit a town of it’s own - I have a friend out there and it’s a 35 min drive to get over there. Hey, if they don’t want to live downtown that’s just naturally going to happen. Density will naturally come faster now that we’re passed that ~20 minute commute people are mentally ok with before they start to lose their sanity in their vehicles.

The saying that everyone uses of “I love saskatoon because it’s 20 minutes to get anywhere” is no more - which is good! We’re growing! We can’t force people to live in $400psf investment friendly concrete condos downtown if they’re ok with $200psf wooden condos that will definitely not appreciate in value all the way out in a farmer’s field and a vehicle/gas bills. All of these wooden suburban condos will definitely be rougher areas in 20+ yrs time once the already shoddy quality gets more noticeable. Riff raff areas that won’t be attractive for the next generation of new home buyers. Typical growing pains of a city our size.

I just personally never visit that friend in Aspen Ridge more than once or twice a year since it’s longer to get there than Warman for me

Update to the cleaning up sturdy stone’s facade. Life. Changing. to downtown. We forgot how gross is was prior to this intense pressure washing.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2021, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Does anyone know what is planned for the current reno's happening to the row of brick townhouse apartments across from Nutana Collegiate?? They are keeping exterior (thank goodness) have installed all new black clad windows and major renos happening inside too.

I believe these were rentals before, but if they are being planned to sell as condo's....please confirm with me on here!!! I would be very interested. Looks like a super cool heritage reno!!!
Sorry....just bumping this up to this page so it is not lost as I am REALLY curious if anyone knows if these will remain rental or the conversion/reno is to condos? I hope someone out there has some idea.

Thanks!

And btw....what a difference on Sturdy Stone....it was SO disgusting before and a crime it took this long before provincial govt (I assume) finally decided to clean it!

Old Posted Jun 21, 2021, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Sorry....just bumping this up to this page so it is not lost as I am REALLY curious if anyone knows if these will remain rental or the conversion/reno is to condos? I hope someone out there has some idea.

Thanks!

And btw....what a difference on Sturdy Stone....it was SO disgusting before and a crime it took this long before provincial govt (I assume) finally decided to clean it!
I was browsing Kijiji the other day looking for rentals and one of these units popped up. Looks like they’ll remain as rental units.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2021, 2:56 PM

Darn....was thinking it would be a great downsize location for me. Not interested in renting. It will be a very nice option for those that ARE looking to rent, though.
thanks.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2021, 1:49 AM

Piling rig onsite at the Dufferin & Main project.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2021, 6:53 AM

Sturdy-Stone

Wow, it looks so much better....like it did when I lived in Saskatoon in the 1980's. I can't believe the province let it get that bad!

Old Posted Jun 26, 2021, 5:57 PM

Site office was delivered to the mysterious baydo site in Evergreen yesterday. So seems like their getting ready, looking at land records baydo doesn't own that whole parcel so who knows what's going on. I'll be working across the street for another 2 months I'll post back if anything exciting happens

Old Posted Jun 29, 2021, 2:47 AM

From today's Council highlights:

Quote:
KNOX UNITED CHURCH

At issue was whether the developer could get a bylaw amendment to subdivide the land surrounding the church to build a 19-storey condo building.

The 2003 heritage designation only applies to the exterior of Knox United Church, not the surrounding land.

The condo would be nestled between Knox and nearby St. John’s Anglican Cathedral on Spadina Crescent.

Council approved the second reading of the bylaw amendment, which will ultimately allow for the condo building.
https://thestarphoenix.com/news/loca...rt-party-bikes

Old Posted Jun 29, 2021, 4:15 AM

It looks like the construction at Dufferin and Main is going ahead. There was drilling for pilings going on over the last few days... does anyone have any renders or know what this building is going to look like?

Old Posted Jun 29, 2021, 3:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninipanini View Post
It looks like the construction at Dufferin and Main is going ahead. There was drilling for pilings going on over the last few days... does anyone have any renders or know what this building is going to look like?
There are some basic renders a few pages back on this thread (page 162, near the bottom), nothing that shows the aesthetics or materials of the building though. The architect is Kindrachuk-Agrey so hopefully it's a decent looking building!

Old Posted Jun 29, 2021, 5:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninipanini View Post
I have seen an exterior 3D rendering (not the ones that were posted before). Unfortunately, I can't comment on it until it is publicly revealed which will hopefully be soon!

Last edited by SaskE30; Jun 29, 2021 at 5:26 PM.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2021, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskE30 View Post
I have seen an exterior 3D rendering (not the ones that were posted before). Unfortunately, I can't comment on it until it is publicly revealed which will hopefully be soon!
Ahh I'm jealous! Do you have any idea as to when they'll be released??

Old Posted Jun 30, 2021, 6:25 PM

Thanks Sask.KS and SaskE30! Looking forward to those renders when they come out.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2021, 8:30 PM

Looks all around basic but beautiful. I’m excited that it has minimal parking - put some pressure on moving us up to more of a BRT city

Old Posted Jul 3, 2021, 3:24 AM

ya doesn't look too much different than the roadway Baydo project both pretty basic

Old Posted Jul 3, 2021, 8:21 PM

By the lack of comments, I assume that the “basicness” bothers a lot of folks on here, but you need these basic builds before you can have premium builds. There’s blocks and blocks of these in Toronto before the ultra rich went and started getting developers to build equivalents of No1River Landing there. There’s only so many folks that can afford No1River Landing - I sure will never be one unless I win the lottery of life.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan