HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Aug 10, 2018, 1:03 PM

Maybe we are just bad at code names and it is really Cardinal health.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2018, 3:00 PM
Never Dell

The description also fits Amazon. Just saying.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2018, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays View Post
The description also fits Amazon. Just saying.
Not so much the consolidating brands under one roof aspect.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2018, 1:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.hampton View Post
Not so much the consolidating brands under one roof aspect.
Looks like its VF Corp -- and it looks like they are coming! North Face, SmartWool, Jasnport, Timberland etc. Quite the grab by Denver, 800 jobs at nearly 200k! Now the big question -- where are they going to build!

Old Posted Aug 13, 2018, 2:47 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.hampton View Post
Looks like its VF Corp -- and it looks like they are coming! North Face, SmartWool, Jasnport, Timberland etc. Quite the grab by Denver, 800 jobs at nearly 200k! Now the big question -- where are they going to build!
I see mention of $200M being spent on an office, including an innovation center. RiNo seems like a logical fit as would a goddamn custom built skyscraper in downtown such as T2 (come on!). The NW corridor would make sense as well from an outdoor perspective and lifestyle fit.

Please don't opt for the southern suburbs.

This is a great coup for Denver and shows the benefits of netting the Outdoor Retail Show from SLC. Now to try and entice a few more outdoor wear companies such as Patagonia, Cotpaxi, etc.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Last edited by wong21fr; Aug 13, 2018 at 3:02 PM.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2018, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
I see mention of $200M being spent on an office, including an innovation center. RiNo seems like a logical fit as would a goddamn custom built skyscraper in downtown such as T2 (come on!). The NW corridor would make sense as well from an outdoor perspective and lifestyle fit.

Please don't opt for the southern suburbs.

This is a great coup for Denver and shows the benefits of netting the Outdoor Retail Show from SLC. Now to try and entice a few more outdoor wear companies such as Patagonia, Cotpaxi, etc.

Great news for sure. T2 would be a natural for them, as would some of the new RiNO offices (not sure about current availability). I love how Denver is diversifying. The 1980s oil collapse and the epic empty office tower shells are a long ago, distant memory. The most recent downturn in the oil market was hardly noticed. Denver now has energy + a whole lot more - that's a real formula for long term, steady growth.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2018, 3:42 PM

Recall Hines is looking to build a fairly sizeable building in RiNo:

https://businessden.com/2018/08/02/r...ice-developer/

If they do decide to relocate to RiNo, this may be a good spot for them.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2018, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post

There is also a large office component with the WTC at 38th & Blake and proposals for the Giambrocco site at 37th & Wynkoop include an office tower. That could be quite the cluster in a few years especially with the new zoning.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2018, 7:54 PM

Buh-Bye

Source

Lee and Wrangler jeans get the boot as VF Corp moves to Denver
August 13, 2018 by Jordan Valinsky/CNN Money
Quote:
The company that makes Vans sneakers and The North Face jackets is moving its headquarters to Denver.

The apparel company announced the move from North Carolina Monday and said it was spinning off its denim brands into an independent company. VF will focus on its more profitable activewear and outdoor brands, which grew by 25% last quarter and generated $11 billion in annual revenue.
Vans are hot, hot hot. Wait... wut?
Quote:
Vans, which will remain headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, has been a bright spot for VF. Sales for the sneaker company rose 35% last quarter. The sales boom follows a pattern of consumers choosing more athleisure and retro-inspired clothing options.

VF Sheds Its Wrangler Jeans. But for What?
August 13, 2018 By Brooke Sutherland/Bloomberg
Quote:
VF Corp.’s brands are better known than the company itself. And it just shed some big ones.

The $36 billion company behind North Face jackets and Vans shoes on Monday announced it would sharpen its focus on outdoor and active wear by spinning off its jeans division. This unit includes the Lee and Wrangler labels, both of which VF has owned for decades, and generates more than $2.5 billion of annual revenue, or almost 19 percent of total company sales. It’s only the latest divestiture for VF, which in the past two years has sold off labels including 7 for All Mankind, Splendid, Nautica and Majestic licensed sports apparel.
Fascinating corporate reorganization.

But yes, Yuge win for Denver.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2018, 8:24 PM

U.S. Space Standards

http://www.atworkofficeinteriors.ca/...hite-paper.pdf
Job function Space per employee
  • Upper management 289 sq. ft. / 26.9m2 280 sq. ft. / 26.0 m2
  • Senior management 200 sq. ft. / 18.6m2 193 sq. ft. / 17.9 m2
  • Middle management 151 sq. ft. / 14.0 m2 142 sq. ft. / 13.2 m2
  • Senior professional 115 sq. ft. / 10.7 m2 114 sq. ft. / 10.6 m2
I'll take a stab and use 200-220 sq. ft. per person which for 800 employees would amount to between 160-176K SF.

Quote:

This would seem to be ideal for both style and size. Block 162 would work nice too.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2018, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
There is also a large office component with the WTC at 38th & Blake and proposals for the Giambrocco site at 37th & Wynkoop include an office tower. That could be quite the cluster in a few years especially with the new zoning.
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the Giambrocco proposal fall through?

Old Posted Aug 13, 2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the Giambrocco proposal fall through?
As someone noted on here not so long ago, so many of these "proposals" are mere conceptual vehicles trying to drum up buyer/investor/developer/end user interest. So it's hard to say when something has "failed" if it's unclear how much substance was behind it in the first place.

I think of a development as "falling through" when there was real money, momentum and a credible development plan around it that was likely to go forward, but then failed for some unexpected reason, or due to cold feet of a key party.

I doubt that Giambrocco was in that category, but perhaps others on here have different knowledge.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2018, 11:55 PM

Photo credit: Kevin J. Beaty/Denverite

If you had to make a choice between the recently topped off Modera CapHill and the above classic, which would it be?

Meanwhile by special request for Robert.hampton's new fave, Denver Infill has presented this dandy update.

Source

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 3:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
As someone noted on here not so long ago, so many of these "proposals" are mere conceptual vehicles trying to drum up buyer/investor/developer/end user interest. So it's hard to say when something has "failed" if it's unclear how much substance was behind it in the first place.

I think of a development as "falling through" when there was real money, momentum and a credible development plan around it that was likely to go forward, but then failed for some unexpected reason, or due to cold feet of a key party.

I doubt that Giambrocco was in that category, but perhaps others on here have different knowledge.
Like a lot of RiNo developments it's still in the conceptual phase but the latest plans I've heard for the Giambrocco site include an office building. Part of the upzoning that will eventually create a mini-DUS around the 38th & Blake station. Not all of it will happen this cycle but there could be a couple that pop up within the next 1-2 years. Giambrocco is probably part of the next cycle however..

https://denverite.com/2016/09/20/dev...-go-tall-38th/

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 6:49 AM

Courtesy Revesco Properties

Denver council OKs River Mile’s taxing districts, paving way for project’s funding
Aug 13 2018 by Esteban L. Hernandez/Denverite
Quote:
The massive River Mile project took a step forward on Monday as the City Council approved a bill establishing six metro districts developers hope will ensure funding for its eventual development.

Council members only had a few questions about its development. Monday’s decision is the start of a longer process that will require additional approvals.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takefive View Post
amazon

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 2:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denveropolis View Post
amazon
+1

It's pretty obvious now the city is moving this along as fast as possible because they have pitched this as the top site for Amazon to build HQ2. I don't follow city votes, but 12-0 seems like a rare occurrence for something of this size and nature.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 3:26 PM

Quote:
+1

It's pretty obvious now the city is moving this along as fast as possible because they have pitched this as the top site for Amazon to build HQ2. I don't follow city votes, but 12-0 seems like a rare occurrence for something of this size and nature.

It is very rare when this city council votes unanimously on anything. Even on an earlier vote to change the city master plan for this project, the vote was 11-0. Other Amazon finalist cities have recently expressed frustration with not hearing a peep from Amazon since their site visits. This tells me that Denver is still having regular dialogue with Amazon.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 4:12 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
Great news for sure. T2 would be a natural for them, as would some of the new RiNO offices (not sure about current availability). I love how Denver is diversifying. The 1980s oil collapse and the epic empty office tower shells are a long ago, distant memory. The most recent downturn in the oil market was hardly noticed. Denver now has energy + a whole lot more - that's a real formula for long term, steady growth.
Looks life VF Corp wants to build it's HQ in an enterprise zone to maximize corporate subsidies/tax breaks. That would remove DT from contention, but (interestingly) there are enterprise zones at 38th & Blake, River Mile, and I-25 & Broadway.

I'm thinking that VF Corp needs somewhere around 300K sq ft for employees and the innovation center that was mentioned. So the World Trade Center and Rock Drill come to mind for RiNo- though World Trade Center would probably be a Phase 2 option as Phase I doesn't have enough room I believe. River Mile could throw something into the mix. And an unannounced project at I-25 and Broadway could be considered.

There's also plenty of Enterprise Zone land in north Aurora approaching DIA, but let's be hopeful that VF Corp doesn't want that kind of shit development.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 5:00 PM
sidewalkin'

Being a lover of density, and if I had to choose, I'd go for Modera. But I also love some of those fairly plane mid century places around cap hill. BTW, this demo photo is not of a classic. It's a 90s building which was quite ugly to begin with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post

Photo credit: Kevin J. Beaty/Denverite

If you had to make a choice between the recently topped off Modera CapHill and the above classic, which would it be?

Meanwhile by special request for Robert.hampton's new fave, Denver Infill has presented this dandy update.

Source

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West