HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 17, 2024, 5:49 AM
Community Guy

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jan 17, 2024, 4:50 PM

Time to fire Keefe. Nothing against him but Leafs could use a different voice. I wanted him fired after the first round exit two seasons ago. I really thought Tre would hire his own guy after coming in as GM. Surprised he didn't. I'm also surprised the Leafs hired Tre in the first place. Of course, I'm one of many that said the same thing.

Time and time again we see new coaches bump the team up. You can pretty much hire anyone with half a brain and the team will do better. EDM is benefitting from a guy with no NHL HC experience just like was the case before that. I know, this has been a common talking point for me for a long time now.

The Leafs have to seriously consider this now because they are more and more giving off a feeling of ineptitude. Might as well bring in a new guy to give the team a reset. Bylsma with the Pens and Larry Robinson with the Devils came in during the season to win a SC. Larry came in with 8 games remaining in the regular season!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2024, 5:56 PM
A Better Place

Knoblauch should be considered for the Jack Adams if the Oilers hold on to a playoff spot.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2024, 6:38 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadude View Post
Time to fire Keefe. Nothing against him but Leafs could use a different voice. I wanted him fired after the first round exit two seasons ago. I really thought Tre would hire his own guy after coming in as GM. Surprised he didn't. I'm also surprised the Leafs hired Tre in the first place. Of course, I'm one of many that said the same thing.

Time and time again we see new coaches bump the team up. You can pretty much hire anyone with half a brain and the team will do better. EDM is benefitting from a guy with no NHL HC experience just like was the case before that. I know, this has been a common talking point for me for a long time now.

The Leafs have to seriously consider this now because they are more and more giving off a feeling of ineptitude. Might as well bring in a new guy to give the team a reset. Bylsma with the Pens and Larry Robinson with the Devils came in during the season to win a SC. Larry came in with 8 games remaining in the regular season!
I hear Ted Lasso is available.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2024, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Knoblauch should be considered for the Jack Adams if the Oilers hold on to a playoff spot.

Didn't the Oilers start slow last year, then came on strong, just like this year.

They had a 109 point season last year, so I think the team has already been established as a top team. Don't think there's much knoblock is actually doing to make the team better.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2024, 8:04 PM
Community Guy

^indeed. Best team (or 2nd) in the NHL in the second half of the year.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2024, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadude View Post

My theory is Berube told Treliving he wants the job but not until next year, so we sit with Keefe the rest of this year. I have no basis for this other than I also want Keefe gone and this theory makes me feel better about why he hasn't been gassed yet.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2024, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I hear Ted Lasso is available.
Loved that show the first season. Had to quit midway through the second when it was apparent that it was becoming more of a drama than a comedy.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2024, 6:33 PM
A Better Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Didn't the Oilers start slow last year, then came on strong, just like this year.

They had a 109 point season last year, so I think the team has already been established as a top team. Don't think there's much knoblock is actually doing to make the team better.
Well they didnt look like a top team up until mid November, so Knoblauch coming in definitely turned the season around somehow. The fact they are on a historical winning streak should give him at least some consideration for the Jack Adams.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2024, 7:30 PM
the first stamp is free

^ The Oilers started the season cold, lost some games they should have won and then McDavid was injured for a few weeks.

The net result was they got the coach fired.

I think the season would have played out almost identically regardless of who was behind the bench.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 3:38 AM

Plenty of time left to ruin it, but heartening effort from the Leafs in Calgary by the late-2nd period. Matthews with the hattrick and the Leafs away support once again outnumbering the home crowd, as in Edmonton. Lots of hats on the ice.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 3:54 AM
Community Guy

A slow start for the Oil once again... but great response.

GO LEAFS GO?*

*I feel dirty

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 4:47 AM
Community Guy

Holy crap... 12... TWELVE wins in a row. Ties an all time Canadian team record.

Skinner solid.

A group effort and this team just keeps on rollin'.

McDavid's game has gotten mean, aggressive and disturbingly beautiful.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 4:54 AM

Leafs manage to hold on after possibly the guttiest video challenge ever challenged, seriously watch the highlight if you didn't see it!

Calgary's late equaliser called back on the very narrowest of hand passes after a coach's challenge that may well have saved Keefe's job.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 5:38 AM
Community Guy

Wildcard? Where we're going we don't need no wildcards.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/standings

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 3:20 PM
Community Guy

Truly unreal. Why didn't I outbid Katz with say $230mil.

https://edmontonjournal.com/opinion/...s-insider-says

Old Posted Jan 20, 2024, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Holy crap... 12... TWELVE wins in a row. Ties an all time Canadian team record.
Already have seen the eastern Canadian asterisks out on that one lol. "But but, if it wasn't 12 in a row in regulation it doesn't count" lol. Seriously though, been incredible to see the Oilers turnaround.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2024, 4:23 AM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
Already have seen the eastern Canadian asterisks out on that one lol. "But but, if it wasn't 12 in a row in regulation it doesn't count" lol. Seriously though, been incredible to see the Oilers turnaround.
Reminds me of the Hamburgler run of the Sens a few years ago.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2024, 11:01 PM

Ugly game by the Jets, but they still manage to pull off an OT win in Kanata. I have a feeling the extra time off made them a bit slower today, and even the players themselves admit to this. So I full-on expect to see things get back to normal by next game.

And as for the Canucks game today, well I never thought I would say this, but.....ugh......go Leafs go.

Please excuse me as I now have to vomit.

Last edited by Justanothermember; Jan 20, 2024 at 11:12 PM.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2024, 6:30 PM

Nothing better than beating the Leafs on national TV, despite the best efforts of the refs, giving Toronto a 6 on 4 then 6 on 3 to end the game.

Myers delivers a hard cross check (legit penalty), then there is a scuffle and Tavares just about ends up in the shadow realm but barely misses a punch to the face. Please explain how he isn't the 3rd man in.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1748900133054693714

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada