HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 3:22 AM

I have important news to share in this thread.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 4:34 AM

Exclamation

The List

One Journal Square II - 942ft - 79+ stories - site work
99 Hudson - 899ft - 79 stories - under construction
30 Journal Square - 799ft - 72 stories - approved
Goldman Sachs Tower - 781ft - 42 stories - built
Journal Squared II - 742ft - 70 stories - approved
One Journal Square I - 730ft - 56 stories - site work
URL Harborside I - 713ft - 69 stories - topped out
URL Harborside II - 713ft - 69 stories - approved
URL Harborside III - 713ft - 69 stories - approved
San Remo - ??? - 61 stories - proposed
Journal Squared III - 635ft - 60 stories - approved
Journal Squared I - 562ft - 54 stories - topped out
Merrill Lynch Building - 548ft - 42 stories - built
65 Bay Street (Trump II) - 535ft - 50 stories - topped out
Trump Plaza I - 532ft - 55 stories - built
Newport Tower - 521ft - 37 stories - built
33 Park I - 510ft - 44 stories - under construction
33 Park II - 510ft - 44 stories - approved
25 Columbus - ???ft - 52 stories - proposed
101 Newkirk - ???ft - 50 stories - proposed
Arts District Tower I - ???ft - ~50 stories - proposed
Arts District Tower II - ???ft - ~50 stories - proposed
70 Columbus - 500ft - 50 stories - topped out
90 Columbus - 500ft - 50 stories - under construction
The Monaco I - 500ft - 50 stories - built
The Monaco II - 500ft - 50 stories - built
70 Greene - 500ft - 50 stories - built
77 Greene - 500ft - 50 stories - built

Old Posted Dec 25, 2016, 8:31 AM

And though nothing has crystallized yet, I'd include as potentials for significant towers the lots of 55 and 50 Hudson owned by Goldman Sachs(55 Hudson was mentioned earlier in the year by Mayor Fulop himself as in the planning stages) as well as the significant lot across from Trump Plaza(Evertrust owned) as well as the yet undeveloped 111 First across from 110 First(The One) which had long been promoted as the centerpiece of development in that area. Certain when they finish Liberty Harbor North we'll get a couple of big ones(they were allowed to go up to 55 stories a few years back, revised significantly upwards from previous limits of 32 or so)... and don't forget Mack Cali has confirmed its intent to build Harborside IV, which from plans on the architect's site looks somewhere over 600 ft, possibly around 700. I'm sure a few more surprises will pop up downtown/waterfront and Journal Square area.... overall by 2030, possibly even 2025 we should have at least 6-8 additional at 500 ft or larger. For a mid size city pushing 300,000 people, maybe 350,000 in the coming decade we'll probably have the best skyline of any non metropolitan city... hopefully with that we step up the game architecturally and have some really iconic buildings designed.

Old Posted Dec 25, 2016, 5:50 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

For the city core population, in terms of highrises/skyscrapers per "X" residents, JC has a great skyline in proportion. I believe the only other cities that have a great ratio in terms of core population and highrise ratio is Miami and Atlanta.

Just look at that list by CIA. JC is quite large and getting bigger. There are tons of mid rises u/c and planned. Granted JC has NYC to thank as the demand is trickling over the river. The Manhattanization is occurring, now it just needs to go to Newark, which is abysmally slow development wise. Things are occurring, but its an outlier compared to LIC, DoBro, and JC.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2016, 4:03 PM

2016 was a fantastic year and 2017 should even top it. It's not far fetched to say we may have another dozen more 50+ story tower proposals added to The List below.

JC is remarkable at the speed new developments. A developer that has their stuff together can purchase a lot, design a building, receive planning approval and break ground within a year. That's the fastest turnaround anywhere in the northeast.

2017 will also be the year JC overtakes Newark to become the second most populated city in the NYC metro area. There is just too many new units coming on the market for it not to happen.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2016, 4:45 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIA View Post
2016 was a fantastic year and 2017 should even top it. It's not far fetched to say we may have another dozen more 50+ story tower proposals added to The List below.
You just gave me a great business idea.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2016, 6:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
You just gave me a great business idea.
Go For it!

And here is a late Christmas gift from the City of Jersey City - City Planning.

http://data.jerseycitynj.gov/dataset...s-oct.2016.pdf

55 Hudson is still listed as 95 storys... What other details? Hmm... The Lowes Theater towers is listed as two 50 floor buildings. That was exactly my guess. I'm willing to put money that these buildings proposals will grow before breaking ground. And the mythical 101 Newkirk is finally on the map as "Proposed New Development."

Old Posted Dec 27, 2016, 6:44 PM

October 2016 update:

Downtown JC

16 proposed developments (no change from February 2016)
9,773 housing units (no change)
1,75 million sqft of office space (no change)
148 thousand sqft of retail (no change)

41 approved developments (no change)
7,958 housing units (decrease of 582)
1.79 million sqft of office space (no change)
413 thousand sqft of retail (increase of 20 thousand)

28 under construction developments (decrease of 2)
9,958 housing units (increase of 88)
2 thousand sqft of office (increase of 1 thousand)
242 thousand sqft of retail (decrease of 26 thousand)

102 recently completed developments (increase of 2)
15,206 housing units (increase of 482)
7.2 million sqft of office space (no change)
1.2 million sqft of retail (increase of 50 thousand)

Journal Square

17 proposed developments (decrease of 1)
2,542 housing units (decrease of 1,309)
36 thousand sqft of office space (decrease of 150 thousand)
41 thousand sqft of retail (decrease of 43 thousand)

38 approved developments (increase of 12)
7,681 housing units (increase of 2,994)
339 thousand sqft of office space (increase of 180 thousand)
442 thousand sqft of retail (increase of 40 thousand)

12 under construction developments (decrease of 9)
1,403 housing units (increase of 69)
70 thousand sqft of office space (no change)
15 thousand sqft of retail (decrease of 2 thousand)

20 recently completed (increase of 9)
650 units
5 thousand sqft of office space
49 thousand sqft of retail

Old Posted Dec 27, 2016, 7:01 PM

Thumbs down Uh Oh

Some unfortunate news... it looks like there is a development proposal for Christ United Methodist Church.

I'm all for development on underutilized lots, but I don't want to see historic buildings demolished, especially churches which have been a part of the community for a century or more in Jersey City.

Let's hope this development is for refurbishment or structure that won't damage the existing building. Anyone have info on this?

Old Posted Dec 27, 2016, 7:19 PM

Every development with a church that I have seen in JC was a conversion of the existing structure. I'm sure this is no different. And the buildings height fits in well with the surrounding structures. Also, in the 2060 development plan, this is in the Zone 6 Preservation. So highly unlikely they could demolish this even if they wanted to.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2017, 5:25 PM

I know it's only 3 days into 2017, but I'm hungry for a new 50 floor or more development. Let's go Jersey City! We need the first mega proposal of the New Year already.

When will news be broken?
What area of town?
How tall will it be?

Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 4:51 AM

If the parking lot attendant at the lot on Morgan Street was right - I think the big lot across from Modera (the one between Morgan and Steuben) is going to have a major proposal sometime this year. According to him, the parking lot will be closing in January.

The lot on Morgan and Marin also closed a few days ago, so something will probably come up on that site (JC Development map lists it as a hotel with 184 rooms)

Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 7:00 AM

Thanks for the info. Your post inspired me to do a little digging. I didn't find anything on the Morgan properties yet, but I did find more information about an active development for the parking lot at Liberty National golf course, near the club house. Looks like we'll see a 60 and 50 story towers, along with several smaller ones in the 30 story range. Last count was a total of 2,150 units and a park. It's been out there for awhile, but it's coming this time and at taller heights than fist anticipated.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oron Zchut View Post
If the parking lot attendant at the lot on Morgan Street was right - I think the big lot across from Modera (the one between Morgan and Steuben) is going to have a major proposal sometime this year. According to him, the parking lot will be closing in January.
If I'm reading this right, it looks like the height limit is 250 ft, with a bonus of 100 ft possible.

http://data.jerseycitynj.gov/dataset...ebookemfv2.pdf

It falls under the "high-rise zone," and ironically, there are other lots nearby with much higher height limits. Be on the lookout for an amendment to the Powerhouse Arts District Redevelopment Plan.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2017, 5:21 PM

Liberty Science Center Is Creating A Science And Technology Hub Called SciTech Scity

https://jerseydigs.com/liberty-scien...n-jersey-city/

Quote:
For decades, a 16-acre lot has sat across from one of Jersey City’s most visited attractions, filled with a former vehicle pound and a sewage treatment facility.

“If you look at it now, it looks like ‘Breaking Bad’ was filmed there”, said Daniel Lafuente of Liberty Science Center (LSC).

Several years ago, the ten-story Liberty Hotel and Conference Center was planned for the city-owned property, but little progress was made on the proposal. Now, two years after first being announced, plans are moving forward for an even larger project at the site.

LSC is developing a massive complex called SciTech Scity along Phillip Street near Jersey City Boulevard in the city’s Ward F. When completed, the campus will be a science and technology district, home to the Liberty Science K-12 School, the Thomas Hotel, a research and workspace facility called Edge Works, and a residential community known as Scholars Village.

Read more

Old Posted Jan 6, 2017, 6:57 PM

I love the very ambitious proposal for SciTech sCity...doesn't have to be high rise to be transforming. From the school to the tech/science businesses, hotel, residences... very intriguing plan which hopefully will bring some great benefits.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2017, 7:51 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Yeah, that's pretty cool. Would be even cooler if there was a running track going over the roof of the complex.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 1:27 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

JERSEY CITY | 289 Jordan | FT | 16 FLOORS

Project: 289 Jordan

Quote:
A new 16-story mixed-use tower called 289 Jordan is being proposed near the corner of Mercer Street and Jordan Avenue in the McGinley Square neighborhood of Jersey City. Area residents were informed of the proposal during a neighborhood meeting held in November at Hudson Catholic High School.

The building is slated to include close to 300 residential apartments, including 56 affordable units to meet the McGinley Square Redevelopment Plan affordable housing requirement. 138 units will be studios, while 90 will be one-bedroom apartments, 33 will be two-bedrooms, and six will be three-bedrooms. The ground floor of the building will contain over 4,000 square feet of retail space, 107 below-grade vehicle parking spaces and 147 bicycle parking spaces. Attendees of the meeting were informed that amenities could include a rooftop deck, a gym, and a putting green.

The project is being developed by Mercer Jordan, LLC, which is affiliated with New York-based Sequoia Development. GRID Real Estate, Marchetto Higgins Stieve Architects, and Dresdner Robin are also on the development team.
==========================
https://jerseydigs.com/jersey-city-d...lace-proposal/

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 7:54 AM

More!

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 2:04 PM

Very nice... another needed midrise is a plus. However, what happened to the 21 story, 275 ft tower St. Peter's College was supposed to be involved with that would have included a new cinema? That was supposed to be erected on a lot across from the Armory and we've heard nothing about this, supposedly funding issues have stalled it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations