HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted May 30, 2024, 6:07 PM
Community Guy

University of Alberta Properties Trust
20m
UAPT is excited to officially announce that Abbey Lane Homes will be developing two multi-family parcels (Parcels B and F) in Stage 1A of Michener Park.

Abbey Lane Homes is a condominium and purpose-built residence development company with a long and successful history of building great communities.

UAPT is proud to partner with Abbey Lane Homes to bring the Michener Park redevelopment to life. Stay tuned for further updates as Abbey Lane Homes refines its development plans for their first parcel.

(looks familiar)

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jun 6, 2024, 2:55 PM
Community Guy

This looks promising for the West 240. Decent density, transition and opportunity for mixed-use.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2024, 6:13 PM

Is the 240 sold to a Developer and will these houses have land titles to the house owner or UofA?

Old Posted Jun 6, 2024, 8:37 PM
Community Guy

Unsure, but typically universities do a trust model with 99yr leases, but that is a lot to bite off in this case and so I could see these acres being sold and privately developed with individual titles and outright ownership.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2024, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
This looks promising for the West 240. Decent density, transition and opportunity for mixed-use.

Is that the UofA farm site? Man, if it is, that thing should have been shut down and densified 20-30 years ago.

Glad to see something will be done with it.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2024, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Unsure, but typically universities do a trust model with 99yr leases, but that is a lot to bite off in this case and so I could see these acres being sold and privately developed with individual titles and outright ownership.
Which leads me to role the City Planning should have if the UofA is not going to hold ownership of the land. The UofA should not be exempted from City planning and development processes if the purpose of the project is unrelated to actual higher education - teaching, research etc.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2024, 1:08 AM
Community Guy

Old Posted Jun 13, 2024, 4:02 PM

First Nations House Construction is beginning

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton