HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

Old Posted Jul 21, 2024, 5:03 PM

Thanks Scaper. Yes I live in Victoria (Saanich). I’ve been “lurking” on this site for awhile now but finally made my first post. I am retired and ride my ebike downtown a few times a week and sometimes take a few pics (with my old iPhone SE).

I really enjoy the photos that you and Zoomer post. You guys have some real skill and a good eye for capturing the beauty of this place.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2024, 5:36 PM

Great username - did you retire in 2008?! Welcome and thanks for sharing your pics, and Dylan too! That Aryze on Fort is going along quite quickly. There is a steady stream of mid-size projects with a lot of 20 and 30 storey buildings approved now, will be nice to see a bunch of these get started soon. Perhaps waiting on an another interest rate cut or two.

And thanks for the comments everyone

Old Posted Jul 21, 2024, 7:45 PM

Thanks Zoomer. You are correct about my username. We escaped to Victoria in 2008 after 20+ years in the trenches of Ottawa’s tech industry.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2024, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Scaper View Post
Hey Zoomer!!! Great photos as always. Lets do a walk through the city soon and do some photography.

Freedom2008... Amazing photos as well. I love the first one! I see it's your first post are you located in Victoria?

I just heard this today... a 26 story condo building has been approved in Esquimalt.
https://www.timescolonist.com/local-...pality-8577220

Here's a photo I took about 7 months ago. I have just picked up a new camera so I'll be taking more photos soon too. I've missed doing that.

Victoria B.C. Canada by thegreatscaper, on Flickr
Absolutely! Please do more walkthroughs with Zoomer.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia