HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Apr 29, 2007, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Could we please stop the massive update pics guys?
I like an occational large size photo but I think it gets to be a problem when someone first posts a shot and then several others will repost it just so they can say "wow" or something along those lines. Once is enough.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 12:45 AM
nuttin

I mentioned that a few posts ago ( must be lost in the pics ,haha)

I have seen someone post small pics which have a link attached for full size
i like that idea

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 12:47 AM
nuttin

Maybe someone can explain how to do it because i will have a few private pics to diplay in the next few days and visit in september which i wanted to ask what stage will they be up to by then ?

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 2:11 AM
Heavy User

^why shouldn't we also consider just re-sizing the images (say to something more manageable like 640 X 480)? If someone REALLY wanted a full size pic they could just PM the photographer (or search flickr).

I like updates too but have also been slightly annoyed at the posts that simply reply to the photo updates with "cool" or some random smiley. I'm glad I'm not alone

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 9:30 AM
Guess Who's Back?

Expandable thumbnails are easier to post.....or just get a faster internet connect and stop being so tight....my pages load instantly and I give you guys the fastest server in the land!

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 9:45 AM
Dubai

Burj Dubai

30/April/2007

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 10:39 AM
Information Age

Some good shots there!
Thank you.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 12:54 PM

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 1:41 PM
`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
In all honesty he has a point.

[Vanhenrick] for an example, dont get me wrong but you constantly post the same pics of the Burj over and over and it does take up alot of space. Until a signifigant change occurs, please keep the big shots to a minimum for the sake of the forum and the forumers. Its not an insult by all means.
He is simply posting everything that gets posted on ssc. If it is not in thumbnail form there, it will not be tumbnailed here as well. He's just copies the code to post. If it is an imageshck uploaded pic, you can add a [th.] in the code to thumbnail it.

Nice moon shot:

original:

nethopper

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 5:13 PM
Guess Who's Back?

To quote Slugbelch from about 6 months ago "It's nearly as high as the moon!"

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 8:34 PM
We can kiss the sky! - MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Tower View Post
Expandable thumbnails are easier to post.....or just get a faster internet connect and stop being so tight....my pages load instantly and I give you guys the fastest server in the land!
FOiS is quite fast, but its just annoying to see the same thing over and over again, from 25 different views. If some one posts an update, post on big pic (not 20) and then give thumbnails to the rest. I like to see pics like the moon shot, there should be more of those for updates instead of point n shoot updates.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 9:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dac150
In all honesty he has a point.

[Vanhenrick] for an example, dont get me wrong but you constantly post the same pics of the Burj over and over and it does take up alot of space. Until a signifigant change occurs, please keep the big shots to a minimum for the sake of the forum and the forumers. Its not an insult by all means.

anser. i dont car !

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 9:03 PM
`

From a unique angle never seen before. Taken yesterday from the Citadel Tower:

Unseen

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugbelch View Post
From a unique angle never seen before. Taken yesterday from the Citadel Tower:

Unseen
fuck ! they are going to transform the wol sandbox in to a giant paradis !

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 9:41 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLG Allstar View Post
Could we please stop the massive update pics guys? To me the tower looks no different from what it was a week ago, and it really takes up a majority of space on this thread. It's a pain in the ass to try and find actual information on this tower when every other post is a 900x1200 pic of the same thing. Please just resize your pics.
I have to agree. This tower is coming normal one and the repetitive massive pics without differences is annoying. Let's wait for something different like cladding for example. It is too repetitive seeing the same concrete structure with a lot of different angles that in my oppinion do not care much. That tower is coming irrelevant in thema. Only one representative photo 1200X800 is enough.
Considering many Tv Towers, this tower is quite small already.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 10:21 PM
Intergalactic Barfly

Here's my take on posting pix. I like the pix that various members are posting, and look forward to new updates. To those of you who have a problem with how long it takes to load big pix, be patient or GET A FASTER INTERNET CONNECTION! And if some people are doing too much re-posting of other members pix, the administrators can decide what to do about it. Our opinions about it dont seem to matter to those who are guilty of excessive re-posting.

Old Posted May 1, 2007, 12:18 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by koops65 View Post
Here's my take on posting pix. I like the pix that various members are posting, and look forward to new updates. To those of you who have a problem with how long it takes to load big pix, be patient or GET A FASTER INTERNET CONNECTION! And if some people are doing too much re-posting of other members pix, the administrators can decide what to do about it. Our opinions about it dont seem to matter to those who are guilty of excessive re-posting.
Its not necessarily like we can't load pages fast enough, I have a T3+ connection, but its really annoying to have to sift through it all. I only check here maybe once a day or every other day since most of the new posts are just repetitive.

Gotta say one thing though, this is probably the most photographed construction of a building ever, certainly the most photographed WTB construction ever.

Old Posted May 1, 2007, 12:34 AM

Wow, this is just amazing. It's getting way up there, but still no facade .

Old Posted May 1, 2007, 12:58 AM
`

Why even bother anymore when this is all you get.

It was funny to see a mod constantly jump on Fury on ssc for posting outdated pics (even though they had never been seen), but this is ridiculous.

Old Posted May 1, 2007, 1:51 AM
We can kiss the sky! - MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhereman1280 View Post
Its not necessarily like we can't load pages fast enough, I have a T3+ connection, but its really annoying to have to sift through it all. I only check here maybe once a day or every other day since most of the new posts are just repetitive.

Gotta say one thing though, this is probably the most photographed construction of a building ever, certainly the most photographed WTB construction ever.
Like I said before, I'm not annoyed by the load time, I have FOiS, very fast, like T1 fast. It just gets annoying to have to scroll through page after page of massive repetative pics to find stuff like SkyTowers interview which I relized had been on his site for weeks now just the other day. I'd say just resize till SOME change happens, like cladding, or the end of the concrete structure.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive