HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 3:25 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

This has been in the works for a little bit - but, for the summer season 2019, BA is up-gauging it's BNA-LHR route to the B789 (from March 31, 2019) and it is going from 5x per week to daily beginning on April 19, 2019.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-08jan19/

Old Posted Jan 10, 2019, 2:47 PM
Nashville born and raised

Per the NASHVILLE POST, a permit has been applied for to allow for foundation work. and a final rendering should be released later this week for the Hyatt Centric Hotel in SoBro.

Molloy Street in front of the hotel is to be realigned.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2019, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
My card...

2 days ago, Chicago based Goettsch Partners, the architect, posted a clearer rendering of the proposed building. The final height will be 65 floors and 750Ft making this the tallest building in Nashville and the state of Tennessee.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BsgtubzHcok/

Clearer Rendering...

Last edited by Chris Stritzel; Jan 14, 2019 at 1:12 AM.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 5:20 PM

Thanks, Chris. This project is subject to two votes in by the city; the first is from the Planning Commission with approval by a simple majority. The second is from the Metro Council to approve the land swap (the project is proposed for a current city pocket park) and it is subject to a simple majority, also. If the Planning Commission disapproves, the Council can override by a 2/3rd majority. I don't have the dates.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Per the NASHVILLE POST, a permit has been applied for to allow for foundation work. and a final rendering should be released later this week for the Hyatt Centric Hotel in SoBro.

Molloy Street in front of the hotel is to be realigned.
As promised...

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 2:46 AM

I don't have many details, but John Loar, a "sports and media power player", has formed the Music Equity Group to build a coalition to bring Major League Baseball to Nashville.

The Commissioner of Baseball stated MLB's intentions to expand sometime and Nashville was listed as one of the preferred cities along with Charlotte, Portland, Montreal and Mexico City.

From The Nashville Business Journal (behind paywall)

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 8:18 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Nashville is not getting a MLB team anytime soon. The metro cannot financially support a team in four of the five major sports leagues in North America. Especially the most costly (MLB). Furthermore, the MLB has been in trouble in small markets of late - making it less likely Nashville would get approval for expansion or relocation.

Nashville is HOT. It's going to be on every "wish" list because it is hot. And just because it is, that in no way mean the city needs, warrants, and/or can support everything on/for which it is listed.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 9:09 PM

Being born and raised in Nashville, I wouldn't want to see MLB in my hometown. It seemingly is only profitable for a handful of clubs every year and with the exception of maybe 1/3 of games for most teams during the year, they're fairly empty stadiums. Also being wedged between the crappy Braves and legendary Cardinals doesn't exactly help things I guess.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
Being born and raised in Nashville, I wouldn't want to see MLB in my hometown. It seemingly is only profitable for a handful of clubs every year and with the exception of maybe 1/3 of games for most teams during the year, they're fairly empty stadiums. Also being wedged between the crappy Braves and legendary Cardinals doesn't exactly help things I guess.
The BRAVES are more "legendary" than the "crappy" Cardinals....

Atlanta Braves, the oldest continually operating team in Major League Baseball; enfranchised in 1871 as the Boston Red Stockings (or Red Caps) in National Association, and with connections to the original independent professional Cincinnati Red Stockings of 1869–70; joined National League as charter member (1876).
National League - Wikipedia

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
The BRAVES are more "legendary" than the "crappy" Cardinals....

Atlanta Braves, the oldest continually operating team in Major League Baseball; enfranchised in 1871 as the Boston Red Stockings (or Red Caps) in National Association, and with connections to the original independent professional Cincinnati Red Stockings of 1869–70; joined National League as charter member (1876).
National League - Wikipedia
I mean, you can pump your brakes there because when I used those terms I was referring to titles, not a historic timeline of establishment and the like.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
I mean, you can pump your brakes there because when I used those terms I was referring to titles, not a historic timeline of establishment and the like.
Whatever makes you happy, keep pumping...

Old Posted Jan 16, 2019, 3:21 PM

I'd prefer the NBA in Nashville over MLB. I just think the interest would be stronger. And games are typically in the evenings and/or on weekends. I also think a great rivalry could be established between a Nashville NBA franchise and the Grizzlies. Maybe even the Hawks. And, basketball is more exciting to me.
The weekday day games in MLB are typically poorly attended in most markets. Even the National's day games in DC can be poorly attended on weekdays and the population and tourist levels are considerably higher than Nashville's. I know Nashville has a high level of tourism, but I just don't see MLB being one of the things that tourist in Nashville will flock to see.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2019, 6:15 AM

It's been a busy couple of weeks in Smashville with the start of the Hyatt Centric and announcement of a summer start for the first Amazon 'Tower'.

Now the Flank Hotel in the Gulch project is getting real as they are clearing the lot where they will build a 20 story hotel. The brand has not been announced. The Flank company has received city approvals and has a reputation for getting things done. I would label this as 'preliminary site work underway'.
From the TENNESSEAN..

Woohoo, three more 20 story buildings.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 4:07 AM

End of Year update from the Nashville Yards crew.

https://nashvilleyards.com/wp-conten...s/2018-new.mp4

Old Posted Jan 24, 2019, 6:39 PM

A couple of projects have gotten underway recently. They are in the site prep/excavation phase now.

First the Asurion building. They will put 550,000 sf of office in 9 story building on top of a four story garage. Needless to say, it has a big footprint.

And there is finally excavation and site prep activity on the Embassy Suites/Hilton Curio site across from the convention center.

Another card I had made for the project...

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jan 24, 2019 at 6:50 PM.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2019, 4:34 PM

Plans have been released for the 2019 NFL Draft to be held in downtown Nashville in April. From the TENNESSEAN....

Quote:
The draft will primarily take place April 25-27 at the end of lower Broadway near the Cumberland River. An enormous stage will be constructed at the intersection of First Avenue and Broadway where players will emerge to hug Commissioner Roger Goodell and pose for photos after they are drafted.
…..
Large viewing screens will be arranged all along lower Broadway and Nashville Convention and Visitors Corp. President and CEO Butch Spyridon said the expectation is that the crowd will swell to tens of thousands. A crowd of over 100,000 fans is likely.

On the east bank of the Cumberland River adjacent to the Tennessee Titans’ home Nissan Stadium, the NFL will set up a draft village called the NFL Draft Experience with a litany of interactive games, food trucks, and more live music. Just like the downtown side, the draft village is free and no tickets will be needed to enter.
….
While honky-tonks will be buzzing with action before, during and after the draft, the event will also feature two stages – one on each side of the river – for live music. Names of the artists who will perform during the draft, including performances during the television broadcasts, have not been released. Spyridon said the lineup would include A-list acts and cover multiple genres to highlight all the best Nashville has to offer.
NFL Provided Renderings

East Bank Activities

Broadway Stage

Street View

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jan 31, 2019 at 1:38 AM.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2019, 3:32 PM

I rarely if ever watch the draft because I just don't get excited over it. But, I'm glad it'll be held in Nashville. Another great opportunity for the city. Has the draft ever been held outdoors? I don't recall. So... what's the back up in the event of rain?

Old Posted Jan 31, 2019, 8:38 PM

Well it's Thursday, so just out of the blue.....thanks to Urban Planet...

Developers announce a four tower development with 30+ story residential and hotels to be constructed in several phases.

From the NASHVILLE POST...

Phase 1 will be 31 stories and is announced to start in September, 2019.

Nashville is hot, hot, hot!!!

Last edited by MidTenn1; Feb 4, 2019 at 2:38 PM.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 2:12 PM

Nashville up against a wall?

All of these fab projects starting this quarter or so are marvelous, but who is going to actually build them? It takes a very good sized contracting firm to tackle high rise structures like the plethora that are eminently ready to start. To my knowledge, virtually all the major Nashville ones are booked solid for the rest of the year. Most of these projects have the owner, developer and architects publicly listed, but does anyone have any information on the contractors? Will some of these be importing firms from out of state?

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 2:56 PM

Quote:
Well it's Thursday, so just out of the blue.....thanks to Urban Planet...

Developers announce a four tower development with 30+ story residential and hotels to be constructed in several phases.

From the NASHVILLE POST...

Phase 1 will be 31 stories and is announced to start in September, 2019.

Nashville is hot, hot, hot!!!

While tower 1 is tentatively to start in September, the actual construction start is in MAY with the demo of the "Landport" parking structure. Immediately following the demolition completion, the construction start of the massive 3 story garage adjacent to the Demonbruen viaduct will begin in advance of the residential tower start. Also please note that this also portends the construction of the pedestrian bridge over the railroad yard very soon.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations