HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 8:58 AM

Wood partners has done a great job with their projects. While this won't be 3700M, it will probably be on par with their Farmers Market project.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic'EmBears View Post
This looks horrible...very car-centric.
It's not a very good rendering. I can barely even tell what I'm looking at, and the building in the foreground looks like an old Pizza Hut restaurant. In any case, I'd expect the finished project to look much better.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 3:50 PM

Austin investor buys Uptown site

Quote:
World Class Capital – the same company that owns downtown Dallas’ 34-story KPMG Centre – bought triangular block at McKinney Avenue and Akard Street, Dallas County deed records show.
Quote:
Real estate brokers say the new owner is looking at the property for a high-rise residential project.

In 2001 developers proposed a 10-story condo tower for the site, but never went ahead with plans.

The 1-story commercial building on the bock at 1899 McKinney previously housed a nightclub.
http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...own-site.html/

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 8:26 PM

Another tower in the Design District?

Quote:
One of the few vacant development sites in Dallas’ Design District is in play.

The parking lot at the north end of Hi Line Drive is adjacent to the Trinity Strand Trail and Turtle Creek.
Quote:
Property brokers say that Houston-based PM Realty is in talk to acquire the property for construction of a large apartment project.
http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...ew-tower.html/

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 11:55 PM

What are the nicest looking residential towers (around 20 floors) in Dallas?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2014, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLskyline View Post
What are the nicest looking residential towers (around 20 floors) in Dallas?
Ritz Carlton Residences

Vendome

Glass House

Stoneleigh Residences

Mayfair at Turtle Creek

Cirque

2505 Turtle Creek
proposed

Old Posted Sep 19, 2014, 3:52 AM
Unicorn Wizard!

that last one

Old Posted Sep 19, 2014, 3:58 AM

That last rendering is probably the best proposal rendering I have ever seen.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2014, 12:07 PM
Verticle

While I am very happy to see West Dallas start to evolve, I hope that someone comes along in the near future that has a mass of land that can be developed in a master planned way. There is a certain banal redundancy in 4 to 5 story apartment complexes that stretch on and on and on. For an area with arguably the BEST views of the city in the Metroplex, where are the high rise apartment buildings? I have been waiting for YEARS for a view of the city with the MHH Bridge lit up at night. And I know I am not the only one. I know, I know....there needs to be a critical mass before the big projects start kicking in such as retail, blah, blah, blah.

BLAH!

Old Posted Sep 19, 2014, 5:57 PM

Developer buys Texas A&M property in North Dallas for hundreds of new homes

The 900-home residential community will surround the Texas A&M center on Coit Road.

Quote:
Centurion American Development plans to build hundreds of houses and townhouses on the 163-acre property it purchased from Texas A&M University.

The land is surrounds to the Texas A&M Agrilife Research and Extension Center on Coit Road just north of Campbell Road.

Centurion plans to build 720 single-family homes and 180 townhouses, according to filings with the City of Dallas.
http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...ew-homes.html/

Last edited by venshard; Sep 19, 2014 at 5:58 PM. Reason: forgot to add source

Old Posted Sep 19, 2014, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Snob View Post
While I am very happy to see West Dallas start to evolve, I hope that someone comes along in the near future that has a mass of land that can be developed in a master planned way. There is a certain banal redundancy in 4 to 5 story apartment complexes that stretch on and on and on. For an area with arguably the BEST views of the city in the Metroplex, where are the high rise apartment buildings? I have been waiting for YEARS for a view of the city with the MHH Bridge lit up at night. And I know I am not the only one. I know, I know....there needs to be a critical mass before the big projects start kicking in such as retail, blah, blah, blah.

BLAH!
Patience. That land is zoned to be the most dense area of downtown without the height restrictions on most of it that downtown and Uptown have. You will probably see the two main thoroughfares develop first(which is what is happening), then the truly dense zoning is stepped away from Singleton as a courtesy to the current residents. There's still a ton of land to develop there. Highrises will come if the current proposals fill up and they will likely be concentrated around Commerce near the river. Just takes time.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2014, 12:04 AM

Why did you stop? There's several other nice highrise residential towers in the city.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2014, 4:21 PM

Another Large Mixed-Use Development for Frisco

Dubai Developer Plans 700m luxury mixed-use Development in Frisco

Quote:
A Dubai-based development company, Invest Group Overseas, plans to begin the group's first development in Texas, a $700 million, 41-acre luxury mixed-use project in Frisco...Plans for the project totaling 2.3 million square feet include high rise condo-style residences, a boutique hotel, destination retail and dining, and Class A office space in a walkable environment...Construction is expected to begin in spring 2015, with a scheduled completion date of summer 2019.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2014, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Why did you stop? There's several other nice highrise residential towers in the city.
Feel free to make your own list.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2014, 8:52 PM

Here's a model on the Gate development in Frisco. The apartments taking up most of the image are already built and are not part of the Gate.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2014, 10:28 PM

I like how the model has a picture of already existing houses, with half of the proposed project cut out.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2014, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
I like how the model has a picture of already existing houses, with half of the proposed project cut out.
That's what I was thinking too! hahaha

Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Snob View Post

BLAH!
Something like Atlanta is doing (Downtown,Midtown,Buckhead and Perimeter), But Dallas style.Good thing you guys learning from us.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigATL View Post
Something like Atlanta is doing (Downtown,Midtown,Buckhead and Perimeter), But Dallas style.Good thing you guys learning from us.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 1:18 PM

Lone Star Lofts Mostly Leased

Quote:
Hamilton Partners and Central Dallas Development Corp. spent about $30 million converting the vacant office buildings into 123 apartments...“We’re 72 percent occupied and 81 percent leased – almost done with construction,” Hamilton said.

He said deals are in the works or signed to fill all the ground floor retail space, too
http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...y-leased.html/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations