HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Sep 2, 2013, 7:50 PM

For those that are fans of Sushi looks like there will be 2 new location to open.

- Sakura Sushi just opened @ 41 Churchill Square www.sakurasushinl.com
- Sun Sushi looks to be opening a second location on Stavanger Drive. In the Bird's Nest location that recently closed.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2013, 1:50 PM

Heard recently that PF Changs is no longer the second restaurant in the new building on Harbour Drive. Rumour has it that Jack Astors might go there. Hope it isn't true.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2013, 2:32 PM

We really don't need another take on Jungle Jim's/Montana's/Klondike Jake's here. Especially not downtown. I hope it isn't true.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2013, 4:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlack View Post
Heard recently that PF Changs is no longer the second restaurant in the new building on Harbour Drive. Rumour has it that Jack Astors might go there. Hope it isn't true.
Don't do this to me. Jack Astors??? Don't we have an over saturation of garbage frozen steakhouses yet??

Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 7:49 PM

No way that that building is for a jack astors.

The size and scale of it is PF Changs through and through. Jack Astors building would be about the size of montanas (or smaller).

I know they have to put TWO restaurants in there but I can not see them being daft enough to get this far along in the building process without a deal still in the balance for a major franchise like PF Changs to fill it.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 9:17 PM

That's a good point. It's an awfully large investment for an also-ran

Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 9:30 PM

I take back what I said. pf changs definitely isn't going there or anywhere as of now.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2013, 1:21 AM

Does anyone know exactly how a deal with PF fell through?

Old Posted Sep 29, 2013, 3:05 PM

On PF Changs, the only info I was able to come up with says that they are still coming to St.John's in April or more likely the fall of 2014, so a year from now.

What makes you think they aren't coming? What do you know that we don't? Come on dish...

Old Posted Sep 30, 2013, 12:06 PM

Whether you like Jack Astors or not, it will probably be a hugely successful endeavour if they do decide to go there instead of PF Changs.

I have always been suspect on what was going there in that location. It seems no one has EVER gotten a straight answer from the owners of the building of who is going there other than the "Legros & Motti" restaurant which nobody has ever heard of. What is the big secret here, it's just a couple of branded restaurants. Usually once construction has begun the tennants are usually secured and pretty keen to promote the "coming soon" factor and usually have billboards and other public announcements of their opening soon. Makes me wonder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedSpecial View Post
We really don't need another take on Jungle Jim's/Montana's/Klondike Jake's here. Especially not downtown. I hope it isn't true.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2013, 1:42 PM

I've given up on trying to find out what restaurants or retailers are coming here unless it's explicitly stated (which still doesn't guarantee anything). This place is like a black hole of knowledge when it comes to this stuff. Everywhere else companies are posting signs and billboards promoting the arrival of new businesses, but for some strange reason it seems to be the opposite here ... I don't get it????

Old Posted Oct 1, 2013, 4:32 PM

I don't doubt for a second it would be popular. People are crazy about mediocrity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis View Post
Whether you like Jack Astors or not, it will probably be a hugely successful endeavour if they do decide to go there instead of PF Changs.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2013, 2:44 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Old Posted Oct 3, 2013, 6:02 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

Yeah, I checked out that menu the other day when I walked past. I guess that's about the same price range as Pepper Mill was? If you cross the street to check out Black Sea's menu, it's more out of the ordinary stuff. I'd definitely like to try it out sometime.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2013, 6:51 PM

^I've never heard of either of those restaurants Tavola has taken over the Pepper Mill I assume?

Old Posted Oct 4, 2013, 7:04 PM

Hearing that PF Changs is 100% done, no chance of revival and that Jack Astors is 100% in place, done deal.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2013, 2:23 PM

According to this map that is printed in the Telegram today. Looks like there will be a Milestone Bar and Grill off Hebron way next to Harvey's.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2013, 2:33 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
^I've never heard of either of those restaurants Tavola has taken over the Pepper Mill I assume?
Indeed, and the other one is next to/in Franklin Hotel. I guess where, what was it, Duck on Water? used to be.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2013, 3:09 AM

Ahh cool I had just posted a question regarding that in the East End thread wondering what restaurants they were. That would be the first Milestones in Atlantic Canada if it becomes a reality. I will believe it though when I see it. These days, nothing seems to be confirmed when it comes to restaurants that are planning to open here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCE View Post
According to this map that is printed in the Telegram today. Looks like there will be a Milestone Bar and Grill off Hebron way next to Harvey's.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2013, 3:11 AM

Still, unless I see or hear an official announcement by either PF Changs or Jack Astors, it's all still hearsay and rumours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinpeddle View Post
Hearing that PF Changs is 100% done, no chance of revival and that Jack Astors is 100% in place, done deal.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's