HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 30, 2015, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
Flyby from old stadium to the new Mosaic Stadium.

https://instagram.com/p/1JWCKCOQwm/
When the planes do fly-bys at the new stadium I suspect they will be going South to North.

Nice video comparison of the two stadium though!

Old Posted Apr 30, 2015, 9:34 PM
BANNED

Image from the NW crane at new Mosaic Stadium.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2015, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
Image from the NW crane at new Mosaic Stadium.

W...O...W...! That looks amazing! Why they no have a webcam up on them cranes?

Old Posted Apr 30, 2015, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmmace View Post
Nah, proper piles, footings, basement waterproofing/sealing, adequate drainage with weeping tile, 32mpa Concrete and a sump. Shouldn't be a problem if done correctly, with the ground height being brought up, the water table will likely have be lower than Harbour Landing. Disclaimer: I'm not an engineer.
Now that you mention concrete strength, i was just wondering the other day what kind of concrete (mpa) they use at the stadium and do you use the same strength (mpa) for columns as for floors?

Old Posted May 1, 2015, 2:58 PM

MPA is one area of concrete 'strength'. Largely the thickness of the concrete and rebar reinforcement also come into play. That is just the beginning, there are admixtures, fiber meshes...the list goes on and on and on.

Old Posted May 1, 2015, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmmace View Post
MPA is one area of concrete 'strength'. Largely the thickness of the concrete and rebar reinforcement also come into play. That is just the beginning, there are admixtures, fiber meshes...the list goes on and on and on.
Yup the density of the concrete mix is just one of MANY items.

Old Posted May 1, 2015, 5:41 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Air entrainment (spelling?) too!

Old Posted May 1, 2015, 5:46 PM

So I guess the answer to my question of what mpa mix are they using at the stadium and is it the same mpa for columns as opposed to the floors - what I'm hearing is, "no one knows".

Old Posted May 1, 2015, 8:03 PM

Typically in a highrise concrete structure the compressive strength (MPa) will be highest in the columns on the lowest levels of the structure and will decrease in the upper level columns. For example, parkade columns may be 60MPa concrete, those at the main level 45MPa and upper levels 30MPA.

There is likely a similar scenario in play at the stadium, though I do not know that for a fact. Typically, columns will have higher compressive strengths than slabs but, again, it depends on the loading on each element.

No one from PCL following this thread that can confirm?

Old Posted May 1, 2015, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
Typically in a highrise concrete structure the compressive strength (MPa) will be highest in the columns on the lowest levels of the structure and will decrease in the upper level columns. For example, parkade columns may be 60MPa concrete, those at the main level 45MPa and upper levels 30MPA.

There is likely a similar scenario in play at the stadium, though I do not know that for a fact. Typically, columns will have higher compressive strengths than slabs but, again, it depends on the loading on each element.

No one from PCL following this thread that can confirm?
Thanks - thats close enough for me. exactly what I was wondering.

Old Posted May 2, 2015, 2:06 AM

It's not something you really talk about in a public forum, it opens the opportunity to be scrutinized. However all concrete mixes are approved and tested during the placing process.

Old Posted May 5, 2015, 9:37 PM

Attended a lunch presentation by a Rider VP. He had lots of good info to share. Here are a few highlights that I recall:
1. There will be around 67 loges of 4-6 seats each. They expect to easily sell these out. Loges will be located at the top of the lower bowl (just below the main concourse).
2. The luxury club will hold 500 and will be 2 levels on the east side. It will include some (I think he said 200) indoor stadium seats with removable or opening glass. The other 300 will have outdoor seats just below the club in the lower bowl. The club will be very luxurious and high end. There will be no reserved tables like the current Green and White. It will have more casual seating rather than tables.
3. The GA Lounge will hold 500 on the main concourse level on the W side. It includes the windows you see facing Confederation Park. It is expected to host pre and post-game events and parties, possibly with entertainment. Confed Park will also host events and is expected to be secured as part of the stadium on game day – that is a game ticket is required.
4. I believe he said that the balcony above the glassed in potion of the GA Lounge is for another club on the west side,
5. The video board in the south end will absolutely massive.
6. The team facilities on the west side lower levels will be ridiculously awesome. Riders are to spend $20 million just on leasehold improvements. They will include such things as an indoor sprinting track and a 100 person theatre.
7. The south endzone tiers and apron are still a work in progress but are expected to be a standing room/mingling /party zone.
8. I think he said the Rider store will be 5000 sq.ft. and will have very high ceilings and glass walls. Also interactive features.
9. Seat transition will be based primarily on location. Seniority will only come in to play to break ties/conflicts. They will start at the midfield sections and work outwards a section at a time. Although many people asked to sit with their Rider friends in the new stadium, a surprisingly large number are asking not to sit near certain people like "the loud know-it-all in the row behind” – you know who you are!

Old Posted May 5, 2015, 9:43 PM
arf

^Lol on the loud know it all comment. It's certainly a familiar crowd with the season tickets. I went with my dad on his every now and then.

2017 seems so far away for the progress they've made so far.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted May 5, 2015, 9:48 PM

Great info!

Can't wait to see the screen. The rendering looks big, but maybe they are going bigger??? I am hoping something like this...

Old Posted May 6, 2015, 4:07 AM

The dressing rooms sound quite spiffy. I was originally thinking with all that space there would be 3 dressing rooms (Riders, and one for each of the home and away teams that also play there like the Rams and whoever else. Are the riders going to let schmucks use their dressing room and pee in their showers? I think not.
But with sprinting tracks and 100 person theatres maybe visiting teams will be changing in a double wide trailer out behind the stadium.

Old Posted May 6, 2015, 4:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
The dressing rooms sound quite spiffy. I was originally thinking with all that space there would be 3 dressing rooms (Riders, and one for each of the home and away teams that also play there like the Rams and whoever else. Are the riders going to let schmucks use their dressing room and pee in their showers? I think not.
But with sprinting tracks and 100 person theatres maybe visiting teams will be changing in a double wide trailer out behind the stadium.
I saw the floor plans. There were many many rooms on two full levels. Not sure how many were dressing rooms.

Old Posted May 6, 2015, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
maybe visiting teams will be changing in a double wide trailer out behind the stadium.
The Bombers are used to it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I saw the floor plans. There were many many rooms on two full levels. Not sure how many were dressing rooms.
Is there anywhere to see the floor plans? I'd love to take a gander at them.

Old Posted May 6, 2015, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSPC View Post
The Bombers are used to it already.

Is there anywhere to see the floor plans? I'd love to take a gander at them.
Not from me. They were on PowerPoint screen. The Riders will be releasing more plans and renders soon though. Apparently they are working on some interior renders of the Store, lounges and football facilities.

Old Posted May 6, 2015, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
The south endzone tiers and apron are still a work in progress but are expected to be a standing room/mingling /party zone.
The RedBlacks' west end zone is grass covered & available to any ticket holder... it clears out for most plays, but when the action is near that endzone (whether the RBs are on offence or defence), the fans migrate... creates a great atmosphere!

I attended the Riders/RBs game last year in Ottawa. As a former Renegades season ticket holder, the improvements to the stadium have had an amazing impact on the fan experience. Granted, the Renegades were a very poorly run club & they made little effort (beyond the ill-conceived Mardi Gras promo) to develop a real fan experience. But the new South stands in Ottawa, along with a completely revamped Lansdowne Park site, show how much a well-planned in-stadium experience can enhance a brand.

Old Posted May 6, 2015, 5:27 PM

Selling out your games and having a 2-16 Record. You have got to be doing something right. The atmosphere in Ottawa reminds me of Saskatchewan, those fans have pride!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan