HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 3, 2018, 5:55 PM

You can legally drive in the diamond lane if you turn right at the next intersection. Then you see you cannot legally turn right so you proceed to the next intersection.

And you do the same the next day.

Good luck driving in the second lane and being allowed to enter the curb lane after Graham.

I think I would drive in the second lane and take my chances. I think the bus would let you change lanes if they are turning right at Graham or maybe you could hold up traffic and let the bus into the second lane as the bus is not turning right at St.Mary's.

Might be a good idea to study the bus routes.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2018, 6:41 PM
keep the good times going

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackLane View Post
Our forming system will use insulated panels on the outside (no need for tarps). The plan is for the elevators/stairs to go up first, then 2 floors below that will be the slabs between the shafts, 3 floors below that will be structural steel, hollow core, and sheerwalls.
How fast will it be rising?

Old Posted Nov 4, 2018, 1:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peg View Post
How fast will it be rising?
The goal is a floor every 7 days (based on a 5 day work week) once we get in the groove

Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 3:04 PM

Quote:
The goal is a floor every 7 days (based on a 5 day work week) once we get in the groove
wow,that's pretty quick. It could be capped off in 16 months.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertocarlos View Post
You can legally drive in the diamond lane if you turn right at the next intersection. Then you see you cannot legally turn right so you proceed to the next intersection.

And you do the same the next day.

Good luck driving in the second lane and being allowed to enter the curb lane after Graham.

I think I would drive in the second lane and take my chances. I think the bus would let you change lanes if they are turning right at Graham or maybe you could hold up traffic and let the bus into the second lane as the bus is not turning right at St.Mary's.

Might be a good idea to study the bus routes.
It's illegal to drive through an intersection in a diamond lane. Regardless of the signage. I drove through this morning and stayed in the second lane as I should. I got over to the curb lane after the intersection and, GASP, I even let in another person. Other folks were purposely getting into the diamond lane within the bus stop area. Causing backups with the buses.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheguy View Post
saw on reddit that artis is planning to sell 300 main as it is their only residential densification project in their portfolio. probably makes sense once it is finished.
It would be odd to sell the building which is on top of their mall. But I guess they could sell.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 6:06 PM

Considered a non-core asset re their third quarter report (nov1). Trouble posting link..

Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
It would be odd to sell the building which is on top of their mall. But I guess they could sell.
Seeing that at least one part of Winnipeg Square was already cleaved off, what's one more owner?

Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 6:16 PM
There is always a way

I think the fact that they're interested in offloading it is probably good news. It frees up capital to take on other projects and there are plenty of lots to fill up downtown.
Federalist #10, James Madison

Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 6:54 PM

I agree with you bomberjet. You are following the law. It's just what do you do when there are 2 laws diametrically opposed. You can't go through the intersection but you also can't turn right.

There are no police handing out tickets there, yet.

The people in the curb lane think they are clever.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusREIM View Post
I think the fact that they're interested in offloading it is probably good news. It frees up capital to take on other projects and there are plenty of lots to fill up downtown.
They're insane. Why did they build it then? Maybe their share price recently reflects their error.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 10:58 PM

From what I thought I saw at 05:45am today it appears that streets and traffic division has removed the diamond lane designation on Main St up to Graham.

I am sure that the sign array on the lamp pole has been reversed (the blank side facing out to Main and the arrow and rules tab facing the pole).

Depending on traffic at the same time on Tuesday morning I'll try and check again to see if what I saw is correct or maybe try and take a walk at lunch down that way and see what I can see.

If the signs have been temporary reversed due to construction then yes a vehicle can get in that lane before the Graham ave intersection and go south.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post
From what I thought I saw at 05:45am today it appears that streets and traffic division has removed the diamond lane designation on Main St up to Graham.

I am sure that the sign array on the lamp pole has been reversed (the blank side facing out to Main and the arrow and rules tab facing the pole).

Depending on traffic at the same time on Tuesday morning I'll try and check again to see if what I saw is correct or maybe try and take a walk at lunch down that way and see what I can see.

If the signs have been temporary reversed due to construction then yes a vehicle can get in that lane before the Graham ave intersection and go south.
They've turned around the wayfinding signage and changed "right lane must turn right in rush hour" signs to "no right except buses and cyclists" – but one side of the street the signs allow taxis, the other forbids it.

It drives me nuts that this is a ~3 year project, so we're just gonna have a bunch of signs temporarily flipped around for that long on a main drag... like just take them down and put them back up when it's over. I'm sure the sidewalk will be redone after anyway, it's already completely falling apart.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 11:37 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
They're insane. Why did they build it then? Maybe their share price recently reflects their error.
I'm certain they can sell the project at a profit.

Like if they can flip it for a quick profit then they dont have to fool around with having the cost of operating the building. If theres money to be made then it's good for the shareholders and they can also take on other more lucrative projects.
Federalist #10, James Madison

Old Posted Nov 6, 2018, 1:54 AM

Something I drew up...

Took like 30 minutes. Would be nice to have more floor plans, though!

Old Posted Nov 6, 2018, 2:51 AM
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyEdwards View Post
Something I drew up...

Awesome! Appreciate the effort.

Looks quite amazing. A high quality apartment building.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2018, 2:51 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
they buy sell and or collect revenue and this is something that they can prolly sell for more then it cost them to get going makes sens

Old Posted Nov 6, 2018, 2:54 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyEdwards View Post
Something I drew up...

u should import that into simcity 4

Old Posted Nov 6, 2018, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Our forming system should start arriving Nov 5th!
Has this shown up yet?

Old Posted Nov 6, 2018, 6:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
they buy sell and or collect revenue and this is something that they can prolly sell for more then it cost them to get going makes sens
I forgot about the gold mine at Portage and Main. Artis is keeping that part. The insane group is the City of Winnipeg for selling it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan