HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 24, 2013, 1:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxteth o'grady View Post
Skyhouse Houston is actually downtown, which may be the best location of all if you're trying to encourage people to move to the city.

They're moving fast, which is the way the Skyhouse in Houston went up.
Victory Park is technically downtown Dallas as an extension of West End.
I was referring to it being a great location as it is in a few blocks of several attractions and restaurants, etc.

I wasn't comparing anything to the other Skyhouse locations.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2013, 9:00 PM
high five!

Skyhouse

3700M

(from webcam)

Richards Group new HQ

Old Posted Dec 30, 2013, 1:01 AM

Downtown Dallas/Victory Park apartment project kicking off
north of American Airlines Center arena

Camden's new Victory Park apartment community will take more than a year to construct. (Camden)

By Steve Brown, Dallas Morning News, 12-27-13

The big surface parking lot on the north side of the American Airlines Center arena has closed to make way for the next big development in Victory Park.

Work crews have fenced off the 6-acre tract between Houston Street and Victory Avenue.

That’s where Houston-based developer Camden Property Trust is about to start construction on a 423-unit apartment community.

The new rental housing project is just one of five such developments underway in the neighborhood.

Poster's notes:

Another parking lot bites the dust in Downtown Dallas!

Downtown Dallas' Victory Park is on fire with five residential projects now underway concurrently!!

Article: http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...er-arena.html/

Old Posted Dec 31, 2013, 2:24 AM

Dallas office leasing rises in 2013 as vacancy falls to decade-low point

The 1.5 million-square-foot State Farm Insurance campus is the largest office project in D-FW. (Tom Fox/DMN)

By Steve Brown, Dallas Morning News, 11:11am, 12-30-13

Demand for Dallas-Fort Worth office space in 2013 increased to its highest level in seven years.

Expanding and relocating companies rented an additional 3.5 million square feet of office space in North Texas this year.

Net office leasing in the area was up about 15 percent from 2012 levels, according to a preliminary report from Cushman & Wakefield of Texas.

D-FW-area office vacancy has dropped to just under 18 percent – the lowest level in more than a decade.

Vacancy rates are even lower in some business districts in North Dallas, West Plano and Frisco where the supply of empty office space has fallen below 10 percent.

At the end of 2013, about 5.4 million square feet of new office space is being built in North Texas. That’s only slightly less than was in the development pipeline in 2007, before the recession hit.

The current construction volume is also about twice the average annual office building rate during the last decade, according to Cushman & Wakefield’s estimates.

Currently there are 16 speculative office projects under construction in the D-FW area totaling about 3 million square feet.

The rest of the construction is corporate projects that are already spoken for.

Even with the high percentage of spec building, Cushman & Wakefield reports that more than half of the office space currently on the way for North Texas is already leased to businesses.

Average quoted office rents in the D-FW area have now regained most of the declines suffered in the recession. And in some business districts in Downtown Dallas' Uptown and North Dallas, average rents are at record high levels of more than $30 per square foot.

Full article: http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...ow-point.html/

Old Posted Dec 31, 2013, 2:27 AM

Thanks for the updates everyone. This year has been an amazing year in the construction industry. Here's to hoping 2014 will be just as good if not better.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2013, 2:34 AM

i predict supertall xD

Old Posted Jan 2, 2014, 9:30 PM
high five!

3700M

Richards Group HQ

3501 Ross Ave.

Hall Arts

City Lights

Goat Hill renderings that I haven't seen before

Old Posted Jan 3, 2014, 3:22 AM

the Goat Hill development renderings look better to me for some reason. I do like the connectivity to the trail with the restaurant.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2014, 5:09 AM

By the looks of the close up rendering, It looks like the red exterior is going to be brick.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2014, 8:40 AM
Hopeful Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
the Goat Hill development renderings look better to me for some reason. I do like the connectivity to the trail with the restaurant.
I was thinking the same thing, the renderings do look a little better than what i remember seeing previously.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2014, 6:08 PM

I like the look of those Goat Hill renderings better too but unfortunately that's the former design. It's not a huge difference (though I prefer this version), but among other things, the new design has those big moldings near the top.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2014, 2:35 AM

Dallas has second highest U.S. office leasing in 2013,
2nd only after New York City

Downtown Dallas on a cloudy day, taken 09-17-12 by skys the limit, on Flickr

By Steve Brown, Dallas Morning News, Jan. 2, 2014

The Dallas-area was one of the top office leasing markets in the country in 2013, fueled by Texas’ booming economy.

Dallas was second only to New York in terms of net office leasing in 2013, according to a new report from commercial real estate firm Cassidy Turley.

New York was the largest leasing market with 7.1 million square feet, followed by Dallas with 4.2 million square feet and Houston with 3.9 million.

Nationwide office vacancy has dropped to about 15 percent.

“Steady job growth and lack of new development has vacancy falling in 70 percent of the country, but the office sector is still adjusting to the new era of tenant downsizing and space efficiency,” Kevin Thorpe, Chief Economist at Cassidy Turley, said in a statement.

North Texas office vacancy rates are now at the lowest level in more than a decade.

Article: http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...-in-2013.html/

Old Posted Jan 4, 2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW View Post
Perot buys key downtown Dallas corner with visions for a grand development
Hot property site in Downtown Dallas could be next site for an iconic tower.

“A future building has the potential to impact the Dallas skyline for generations to come.”

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...elopment.html/

Perot will not be in any hurry to develop this project, but when the opportunity arises to build it with a major anchor tenant, he will. Perot has the financial ability, resources & wherewithall to make the project successful. I'm sure that Perot intends this to be a supertall, it'll be a iconic building, perhaps reaching 1200-1300 ft. in height. He wants it to standout. He's a very proud Texan.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2014, 8:50 PM

should we know by this year?

Old Posted Jan 5, 2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertallchaser View Post
should we know by this year?
No word on it, but given the high demand for office space in DFW, the shrinking vacancy rate, and the fact that neighboring Uptown is pretty much built out I predict we will hear good news say this fourth quarter.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2014, 8:47 PM
high five!

Artists’ affordable-housing project gets $2 million in TIF money. Dallas gets 50 Arts District parking spaces
By Robert Wilonsky
rwilonsky@dallasnews.com
12:29 pm on January 6, 2014

It’s been close to a year since we were first introduced to the Flora Street Lofts, a 46-unit residential complex that will be planted the in the shadow of Museum Tower at 2121 Flora Street. But according to a briefing given this morning to the Dallas City Council’s Economic Development Committee, it’s all systems go: Karl Zavitkovsky, head of the city’s Office of Economic Development, told the council Monday morning that construction is scheduled to begin on the $24.5-million project in May and wrap up by December 2015.

http://cityhallblog.dallasnews.com/2...g-spaces.html/

Old Posted Jan 9, 2014, 3:17 PM

Demo started a couple of days ago for the Routh Street Flats

6-story
208 units

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...-project.html/

Old Posted Jan 10, 2014, 7:03 PM

Crow is now looking to purchase the Chase Bank site across from the park.

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...purchase.html/

Old Posted Jan 10, 2014, 10:50 PM
high five!

This project is going to be huge!

Quote:
an 10, 2014, 2:44pm CST UPDATED: Jan 10, 2014, 4:21pm CST
No small potatoes: Romano plans spud restaurant, $2B residential project

Danielle Abril
Staff Writer-
Dallas Business Journal

...Phil Romano soon will be starting up one of his own concepts within his restaurant incubator in West Dallas at the same time he’s working to build a $2 billion residential project.

...He’s also working on developing apartments and multifamily living residences on 80 acres of land surrounding the incubator. The project is expected to cost $2 billion.
The city of Dallas has already approved zoning for 9 million square feet of land, he said. Romano said the first apartments should begin showing up in 2016.

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/ne...pening-of.html

Old Posted Jan 14, 2014, 4:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuelpr View Post
No word on it, but given the high demand for office space in DFW, the shrinking vacancy rate, and the fact that neighboring Uptown is pretty much built out I predict we will hear good news say this fourth quarter.
With the Class A office vacancy rate still quite high in downtown Dallas, I suspect that it'll be a couple of yrs. away yet. The vacancy rate at 18% along with sub/shadow space around 20%, that is too high to build a 1.5 million sq. ft. office tower downtown without a major lead tenant, leasing at least 600-700K sq. ft. Even then, to reach a viable financial working number, a significant portion of the remaining space would need tenants rather quickly. I would say by 2020, this tower will be completed or nearing completion.

I know, it's my hometown of Dallas, we love our city. But, lets not get our egos involved here for the sake of having a supertall in our city. Developers built too much inadequate office space here in the 80's, downtown still hasn't recovered from it. And we're paying the price for it, while our suburban areas are flourishing with development.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations