HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 9, 2015, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Interesting. Thanks for the link.
You're welcome. And the reason I say "not entirely satisfying" is because the answer, to some degree, sounds a bit like "we shouldn't build refineries because Canada is not a refining power anymore". Well, fine... on one level that makes sense, but on the other hand it doesn't really tell us why (or even if) it's a bad idea to want that capacity built up. The capital costs for a new refinery are an obvious hurdle, but is that cost (and the opportunity cost that comes along with it) high enough to make it something not at all worth pursuing? I don't know the answer to that one.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2015, 8:48 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
You're welcome. And the reason I say "not entirely satisfying" is because the answer, to some degree, sounds a bit like "we shouldn't build refineries because Canada is not a refining power anymore". Well, fine... on one level that makes sense, but on the other hand it doesn't really tell us why (or even if) it's a bad idea to want that capacity built up. The capital costs for a new refinery are an obvious hurdle, but is that cost (and the opportunity cost that comes along with it) high enough to make it something not at all worth pursuing? I don't know the answer to that one.

So I wonder if the pipeline from Western Canada to the Eastern refineries the better way of spending infrastructure $$?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2015, 8:54 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

It will remove the dependancy on foreign oil from the east coast. It will allow Irving to use our oil exclusively. Don't forget, oil is used extensively for heating in the east.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2015, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
Exactly! Any excuse to toke up. Look at the clientele from the news story out of Saskatoon. Lol!
My 85 yr old mother takes it for pain and there is no "toke" involved. But I digress.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2015, 9:02 PM
the first stamp is free

Are there any political ramifications to this issue? I mean, it seems like a no brainer to me, especially after the Keystone XL has fallen through.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2015, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
It will remove the dependancy on foreign oil from the east coast. It will allow Irving to use our oil exclusively. Don't forget, oil is used extensively for heating in the east.
Yeah, it does seem like a win-win in the sense that it gets oil off the rails and gets the apparently underused eastern refineries humming again.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2015, 9:21 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

It will also bring Alberta oil to eastern tidewater, which is even more important IMO.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2015, 9:23 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Are there any political ramifications to this issue? I mean, it seems like a no brainer to me, especially after the Keystone XL has fallen through.
There are a lot of easterners against it, because remember, Alberta oil is "dirty".

Count Katheleen Wynn as one of the opposers. And Trudeau owes her a lot.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2015, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
Like the person with depression or the one with cancer or the child with epilepsy? Get with the times you ignorant, old man. Until then, keep your backwards social stereotypes off of a construction forum. BTW, I'm a daily user myself. I don't post often any more but are you going to judge me now?

I guess you haven't had yours yet today...

Old Posted Nov 9, 2015, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
Like the person with depression or the one with cancer or the child with epilepsy? Get with the times you ignorant, old man. Until then, keep your backwards social stereotypes off of a construction forum. BTW, I'm a daily user myself. I don't post often any more but are you going to judge me now?
Right on dude, you the man!

Compassion was SHUT DOWN via the laws of the land; and I hope that they DO NOT open again.)

Such medication ought to be accessed via only doctors' offices/hospitals etc, . . only. Give your head a shake.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 1:21 AM

You guys are doing a very good job of confirming you are out-of-touch old folks. But anyway.... the marijuana club already has a location so your whining is already too late.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 1:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
Such medication ought to be accessed via only doctors' offices/hospitals etc, . . only. Give your head a shake.
You do realize that a much more dangerous substance is sold in stores and restaurants all throughout the province, right?

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 1:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
You guys are doing a very good job of confirming you are out-of-touch old folks. But anyway.... the marijuana club already has a location so your whining is already too late.
Yeah it's funny that there are still people who think marijuana is bad. Most Canadians are in support of legalization. This NP article backs that up:

Now, with legal weed in sight, 59 per cent of respondents to the poll earlier this month said they support Trudeau if he moved “to legalize, regulate and tax marijuana, restricting its sale to adults 18 and over.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...w-heights-poll

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 3:49 AM
I am a typical

Alberta oil isn't "dirty" anymore. It's "unfeasible". "Hopefully" oil prices go back up but at the same time, it's "nice" to be paying less than $1.30 per litre of gas again.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 6:07 AM

I'm not a pot user but I do support legalization, and it will be legal within the next 2 years for sure with the new government. While the owner of the store is in violation of the current law, it does suck that he will be punished for something that will soon be legal.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 1:18 PM

Quote:
You do realize that a much more dangerous substance is sold in stores and restaurants all throughout the province, right?
And if alcohol was sold without a license it too would be shut down. So what's your point?

In fact, there are dangerous side effects to marijuana, if there weren't then I suppose some posters here wouldn't wait until after work to toke up.

It needs to be properly controlled and regulated. The Compassion Club was neither.

And before you and others flame on, I am neither old nor ignorant.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 1:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Phil Donahue

HELP..This is what I've become, I need some advice on reinventing my online personality..ASAP..

Atually that is one wierd site...

https://jaydeanhcr.files.wordpress.com

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPP View Post
And if alcohol was sold without a license it too would be shut down. So what's your point?

In fact, there are dangerous side effects to marijuana, if there weren't then I suppose some posters here wouldn't wait until after work to toke up.

It needs to be properly controlled and regulated. The Compassion Club was neither.

And before you and others flame on, I am neither old nor ignorant.
Instead of "side effects" you should have used "stereotypes".

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 4:49 PM
surely you agree with me

New Flyer bought MotorCoach....big news for Winnipeg

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Yup.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan