HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Aug 27, 2018, 7:41 PM

And at this point we're so deep into it we just have to suck it up and finish properly, unfortunately. Demo solves nothing – then what, we just have a giant driveway for the WPS for 50 years?

Old Posted Aug 27, 2018, 8:34 PM

I thought this was the Winnipeg Square, 300/360 Main St Thread. I can now see it has now become the WPS on Graham thread?

Old Posted Aug 27, 2018, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKGUY View Post
I thought this was the Winnipeg Square, 300/360 Main St Thread. I can now see it has now become the WPS on Graham thread?
Yes. Yes it has. Thank you very much.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2018, 4:52 AM

Well, we're talking about the street level on Graham, which 300/360 Main is on. Seems relevant.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2018, 6:24 AM
Back from the dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKGUY View Post
Yeah, good luck convincing the people taking part in the distraction. They'll find pretty much any way to link the two somehow.
"I had a dog. Dog's name was Artie. Artie sounds like Artis REIT. REIT is similar to my great grandmother's maiden name. She liked to make homemade prune juice. They sell prunes at farmer's markets. That's why we're talking about what a great idea it would be to have a farmer's market for prune farmers exclusively somewhere in the city so that it could serve this project. Why can't you see the connection? Dinosaur."

Old Posted Aug 28, 2018, 12:38 PM
Starring as himself

Unfortunately Winnipeg isn’t one of the “Big Six” cities for prune consumption, making its opinions on prunes invalid. But it did rank as high as fourth for a few weeks in the spring of 1911. Hopefully when trueviking has reopened Portage & Main, the prune vendors will return to that corner, as was once such a familiar sight in grandma’s day.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2018, 5:09 PM

Stick to the Topic please Winnipeg Square

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocket View Post
Yeah, good luck convincing the people taking part in the distraction. They'll find pretty much any way to link the two somehow.
"I had a dog. Dog's name was Artie. Artie sounds like Artis REIT. REIT is similar to my great grandmother's maiden name. She liked to make homemade prune juice. They sell prunes at farmer's markets. That's why we're talking about what a great idea it would be to have a farmer's market for prune farmers exclusively somewhere in the city so that it could serve this project. Why can't you see the connection? Dinosaur."
Love it. Makes about as much sense. lol

Old Posted Aug 28, 2018, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geebrr View Post
"All" natural light was an admitted exaggeration. But, they are putting what I assume is a floor over at least part of the area that had windows around the ceiling near the centre court before the food court.
Oh I see that skylights are now totally covered by a false ceiling....no natural light at all now!

Old Posted Aug 28, 2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller View Post
40 stories on top of 2 floors perhaps? (Ground floor)
There is a mezzanine/+15 level staggered in between the main floor and the second floor (so second floor is kinda really 3rd), 40th floor is amenities and rooftop patio (technically 41st), and then a mechanical/elevator penthouse.

Not the most sensible numbering system lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildUpWpg View Post
Oh I see that skylights are now totally covered by a false ceiling....no natural light at all now!
Well, a building is going there so :p

Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 2:33 AM

300 Main St. (@300_main) on Instagram #300Main starting to pop up! Tons of preparation work has been done on the foundation and the Winnipeg Square concourse. Fall might be right around the corner, but the real work is just beginning. #Downtown #Construction #Winnipeg #Main #Summer #Progress #Manitoba #Canada #Skyscraper #AX

Heather’s iPhotos on Instagram

Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 3:39 AM
BANNED

What will be amazing is the crane itself. For a time being it will. E closer to 50 stories of not more tall I’m guessing. What a sight.

I hope though they do light the top up well. Winnipeg needs a beacon. Like a big jets Budweiser goal light. And it goes off when we score all winter lol

Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 4:00 AM
BANNED

Those blocked windows in the CDI College are an effrontery.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 4:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban recluse View Post
Those blocked windows in the CDI College are an effrontery.
I always wished that building would add a couple of floors on top and reinstall windows on the main floor. Maybe some day down the road as that strip develops.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 4:12 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris22 View Post
I always wished that building would add a couple of floors on top and reinstall windows on the main floor. Maybe some day down the road as that strip develops.
I hope so.

Maybe after construction of 300 Main, it will get the 8 ball rolling for this strip of Main.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 4:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildUpWpg View Post
Yeah, significantly darker now.

Is what it is I guess. Maybe more natural light will come through a different way at the end of the project.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 5:27 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris22 View Post

Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 5:56 PM

They could be framing in the opening just for construction. So they can remove the angled roof piece and build over top. Then remove the framing once the building is enclosed.

I always envisioned there would be a central atrium open to the mall below, like was planned for the original hotel.

Are any renders available of the inside or maybe somebody knows what the plan is?

Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 6:39 PM
Ignore these four words.

Quote:
I always envisioned there would be a central atrium open to the mall below, like was planned for the original hotel.
That would be awesome.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post
There is a mezzanine/+15 level staggered in between the main floor and the second floor (so second floor is kinda really 3rd), 40th floor is amenities and rooftop patio (technically 41st), and then a mechanical/elevator penthouse.

I think the two story 330 Main is going over top of where the skylights are. Perhaps eventually the main level of 330 will having openings looking down into Wpg Square.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post

I think the two story 330 Main is going over top of where the skylights are. Perhaps eventually the main level of 330 will having openings looking down into Wpg Square.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan