HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 7, 2012, 8:53 PM
🇺🇸🏫🏢🏣🏦

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yackemflaber69 View Post
When will they start building the antenna
According to what alan88 said, they are gonna start after Thanksgiving. He works on the project, so I personally trust what he says over everyone else in this thread (no offense guys)

Old Posted Sep 7, 2012, 9:04 PM

Looks like they can put more glass up now that they raised the black netting.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2012, 9:56 PM
SWFC and ICC R Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modulair View Post
you know i don't spend 24 hours a day on this forum, i just visit it one or two times per week when i have free time.. i won't spend my days to look for a little post that would contain information about statistics or dates..

If you don't like my questions , don't answer it. OK i can understand that you who know by heart the dates of new steel and the current heights, you are annoyed by simple questions about this.. but please understand that as i don't live in NY and i only see the WTC by pictures on a forum, i just wonder why construction has dramatically slowed down since three months.. before, there used to be one or two new floors per week. And now, they took two months to build the little two last floors, and antenna is still invisible. Understand that it makes me ask questions, i really don't understand why it is so long to add a simple stick of iron...

Moreover you probably wonder why i always ask questions and i never post pictures: it's very simple, i live in Europe, and my camera is not powerful enough to take photos of a building located 6000 kilometers west.. sorry if i cannot fill the forum with pics; but if you want i can post pictures of Big Ben or the Eiffel tower !

To finish, once again you have to understand that i wonder many things about that unsusual construction, where base is completed after roof, where parapet is longer to build than three full floors, where a quarter of the building is covered by a brown curtain which prevents from sseing what's happening inside..
Then expect to be blazed, same questions every day, simple questions at that, i'm not gonna blaze you, but obviously it pisses off some of the others,, i'm just saying what I see. I knew nothing about skyscrapers before I started watching SSP, I just knew I liked them, Now i know plenty more about how there made, why there made with certain materials and so on. I learn that by watching and listening to the other members.. Its not hard to put last page you read, in your favorites, then go from there, if you did, you'd never miss a beat.. or anything that has happened for that matter. seriously if you log in twice a week, (Im not on here 24-7 either,) that may be 7 pgs you have to read, I find it informative and cool checking out the forum members pics,,that have acess to the bldg, also those who have architecture knowledge. Just saying,, why not use this forum to your benefit, instead of relying on others to give you the short-cut version.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2012, 10:17 PM

TimesUnion.com

102nd Floor,looks Awesome

WABC-TV/CH.7

Facebook

Old Posted Sep 7, 2012, 10:51 PM
Bionic Boogie

the structure continues to rise!!

DSC_5129 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr

damn look at the size of this floor!!!!!

SSP member since 2003
Please do not use any of my photos or videos without my permission. thanks

Last edited by CarlosV; Sep 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2012, 10:52 PM
An Optimistic Realist

That's nothing. Wait until the mechanical floors are ready.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2012, 12:16 AM
Bionic Boogie

And they said it would not return again this year....well here it is thousands of feet into the NYC skyline!

Let's not ever forget those people who perished 11 years ago that awful day...

DSC_5152 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr
SSP member since 2003
Please do not use any of my photos or videos without my permission. thanks

Last edited by CarlosV; Sep 8, 2012 at 12:27 AM.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2012, 1:21 AM

Very nice shot Carlos. Those lights serve as another reminder of what was lost that day nearly 11 years ago. We shall never forget that day and the innocent people who perished along with the fallen heroes. God Bless America and the World Trade Center.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2012, 1:42 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGarcia View Post
IMO, the spire without the radome will look better at night with the LED lighting Durst is "famous" for in Times Sq. over the flood lighting of the radome.
I'm glad you mentioned that. Another thing lost, the spire was being designed to specifically come to life at night.

What we'll get instead is just another highlighted antenna. We were promised better than that, and this tower obviously deserves better than that. Listen, don't get me wrong.
I know a lot of you folks will just accept whatever is given here, and that's all you can do really. But that doesn't mean you have to like it, and I won't. We've been asked
to accept the compromises on so much within the overall development, this is something that I will just not accept. It meant too much to this tower and the rebuilding plan itself.
You promise me a hundred bucks and give me ten, I'll notice. Ten is more than nothing, but whatever happened to the hundred I was promised you cheap bastard!

beanhead4529

johendley

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2012, 2:25 AM
Back to Basics

Carlos, look at the floor below your arrow. It is even bigger. You can see through it to the other side and it is double height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosV View Post

damn look at the size of this floor!!!!!

Old Posted Sep 8, 2012, 2:30 AM
Gigatall Skyscraper

They have absolutely no excuse not to construct at least the original open spire design. If Durst's reasoning is that replacing radome panels will be too "difficult" then you know they're full of shit when they won't even consider using the open design. I actually liked that design the most.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2012, 5:59 AM

For the life of me, I can't figure out why they didn't install a light in the center of each reflecting pool. Seems like the logical thing to do.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2012, 6:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
What we'll get instead is just another highlighted antenna. We were promised better than that, and this tower obviously deserves better than that. Listen, don't get me wrong.
I know a lot of you folks will just accept whatever is given here, and that's all you can do really. But that doesn't mean you have to like it, and I won't. We've been asked
to accept the compromises on so much within the overall development, this is something that I will just not accept. It meant too much to this tower and the rebuilding plan itself.
You promise me a hundred bucks and give me ten, I'll notice. Ten is more than nothing, but whatever happened to the hundred I was promised you cheap bastard!
Damn straight!

Old Posted Sep 8, 2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffybagel View Post
According to what alan88 said, they are gonna start after Thanksgiving. He works on the project, so I personally trust what he says over everyone else in this thread (no offense guys)
After Thanksgiving? What? So late....

Old Posted Sep 8, 2012, 10:59 AM

the extra crane , the one that hangs on the side of the building
what does it do?

Old Posted Sep 8, 2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven=11 View Post
the extra crane , the one that hangs on the side of the building
what does it do?
it isn't works on top but just below

Old Posted Sep 8, 2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat97 View Post
it isn't works on top but just below
No it Hangs off The Side and Brings Interior Materials up into the building. Also, it lowers Trash and excess material down to the street.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2012, 2:03 PM
don't *meddle*...

Scratching the sky...

IMG_2987 von gundust™ auf Flickr

Old Posted Sep 8, 2012, 2:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dense_Electric View Post
For the life of me, I can't figure out why they didn't install a light in the center of each reflecting pool. Seems like the logical thing to do.
I'll been over the the pools- and the dark, "infinite looking" center really reflects the horrific events that took place there. I like the fact that they did not install a light.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2012, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru Bert View Post
No it Hangs off The Side and Brings Interior Materials up into the building. Also, it lowers Trash and excess material down to the street.
Yes, I knowI meant this

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive