HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 26, 2023, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yveseluj View Post
You both need to learn how to walk away from your keyboard. Believe it or not, you don’t have to take the bait. I know 4 year olds with more restraint.

Anyways, these are well on their way in the extreme north-west corner of Harbour Landing.
THANK YOU! There are a couple of posters who need to take a time out.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2023, 8:43 PM

Agreed. I come here for construction/development related posts. Not rants and high school ego trips. It is ruining the experience absolutely.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2023, 9:08 PM
BANNED

Sorry for contributing to making some of you collateral damage. I understand many people don't want to be part of it. I fully recognize that I have a habit of striking a nerve in some people when I say something that triggers them, then they react, then I come back, and then it just snowballs. I know two wrongs don't make a right but it is very hard being the calm, cool, collected leftist when all I get is right-wing vitriol and condescension for having the audacity to go against the status quo and suggesting what I believe to be better alternatives. For every "name" I have called someone, I can list various personal attacks and endless logical fallacies that have been lobbed at me for no reason other than having a differing opinion, so there are many guilty parties here, to which I am one. And of course if I think I'm right about something, it's going to seem dismissive to the other person. We all want to be right don't we? I never understood this complaint.

I will keep trying to stick to the relevant threads for politics but I will NOT stop being critical of projects that I think deserve push back. This isn't a board for cheerleading and just accepting everything our elected leaders and the business community are developing in our city. Democracy demands debate. Anyways, hope everyone is looking forward to spring as much as I am and that they have a fantastic rest of their weekend.

Last edited by djforsberg; Mar 26, 2023 at 9:54 PM.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2023, 9:24 PM

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMYXyh6rT/
Dead Pool Regina this is gaining steam NHL team new hockey arena Ryan Reynolds

Old Posted Mar 26, 2023, 9:57 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The mayor View Post
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMYXyh6rT/
Dead Pool Regina this is gaining steam NHL team new hockey arena Ryan Reynolds

Old Posted Mar 26, 2023, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
Sorry for contributing to making some of you collateral damage. I understand many people don't want to be part of it. I fully recognize that I have a habit of striking a nerve in some people when I say something that triggers them, then they react, then I come back, and then it just snowballs. I know two wrongs don't make a right but it is very hard being the calm, cool, collected leftist when all I get is right-wing vitriol and condescension for having the audacity to go against the status quo and suggesting what I believe to be better alternatives. For every "name" I have called someone, I can list various personal attacks and endless logical fallacies that have been lobbed at me for no reason other than having a differing opinion, so there are many guilty parties here, to which I am one. And of course if I think I'm right about something, it's going to seem dismissive to the other person. We all want to be right don't we? I never understood this complaint.

I will keep trying to stick to the relevant threads for politics but I will NOT stop being critical of projects that I think deserve push back. This isn't a board for cheerleading and just accepting everything our elected leaders and the business community are developing in our city. Democracy demands debate. Anyways, hope everyone is looking forward to spring as much as I am and that they have a fantastic rest of their weekend.
Hopefully you can include constructive criticism as well in your posts. That would be a nice light to show.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2023, 10:21 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Hopefully you can include constructive criticism as well in your posts. That would be a nice light to show.
You got it, man. Always willing to do better. If you aren't growing, you are dying.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2023, 11:39 PM

Quote:
You got it, man. Always willing to do better. If you aren't growing, you are dying.
I’d rather you be here than not, same with everyone else - diversity of opinions are great. Didn’t mean to come across as a jerk or anything, just want to keep things grinding to an absolute halt as I enjoy this forum.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2023, 11:44 PM

I'm a left-wing person who strongly supports the sovereignty and self-determination of Ukraine, including the material and financial support to defend it. There is a major, major difference between the current military imperialism of Russia and the US trying to prevent that imperial aggression. Yes, of course the war weakens Russia which helps the US globally. But that doesn't mean the US isn't 100% correct in its current stance (let alone almost the entirety of Europe, and Canada, that are also supporting Ukraine); just like the USSR in the 1940s, when it was just as evil as Nazi Germany, was correct in its opposition to Hitler. Not comparing USSR with USA, btw, just using an extreme example to show that it's okay to give credit for good actions by actors you personally deem bad.

Honestly djforsberg, you are parroting tankie talking points. Tankies are simps for the Soviets (which of course, Russia isn't even nominally left-wing), so please do some more reading on the situation in Ukraine and the history that brought us to this point.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 11:22 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
I'm a left-wing person who strongly supports the sovereignty and self-determination of Ukraine, including the material and financial support to defend it. There is a major, major difference between the current military imperialism of Russia and the US trying to prevent that imperial aggression. Yes, of course the war weakens Russia which helps the US globally. But that doesn't mean the US isn't 100% correct in its current stance (let alone almost the entirety of Europe, and Canada, that are also supporting Ukraine); just like the USSR in the 1940s, when it was just as evil as Nazi Germany, was correct in its opposition to Hitler. Not comparing USSR with USA, btw, just using an extreme example to show that it's okay to give credit for good actions by actors you personally deem bad.

Honestly djforsberg, you are parroting tankie talking points. Tankies are simps for the Soviets (which of course, Russia isn't even nominally left-wing), so please do some more reading on the situation in Ukraine and the history that brought us to this point.

Last edited by djforsberg; Mar 27, 2023 at 1:05 PM.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Monday Morning Entertainment. This is like watching the Tiger King, you know you shouldn't watch it but its such an embarrassing train wreck of hypocrisy and contradiction I can't keep hitting next episode.

Personal attacks?
condescending?
Read up on History?

Another day, another rant from the toilet of Mr. Forsberg

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 3:07 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstart View Post
Monday Morning Entertainment. This is like watching the Tiger King, you know you shouldn't watch it but its such an embarrassing train wreck of hypocrisy and contradiction I can't keep hitting next episode.

Personal attacks?
condescending?
Read up on History?

Another day, another rant from the toilet of Mr. Forsberg
Do you have anything to say about the points I made without making it personal or are you just going to continue to contribute to the toxicity on here? Feel free to be the one to take the high road.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 3:23 PM

Man this forum sucks now. None of this is construction related. Would be lovely if you could take the geo-political pissing context somewhere else. I get that it's kinda crickets otherwise but surely there are more relevant things to argue about?

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 3:31 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
Man this forum sucks now. None of this is construction related. Would be lovely if you could take the geo-political pissing context somewhere else. I get that it's kinda crickets otherwise but surely there are more relevant things to argue about?
Can I play devil's advocate and ask you an honest question? How do these off-topic discussions impact you negatively? Maybe that will help me better understand these concerns that you and others have.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Can I play devil's advocate and ask you an honest question? How do these off-topic discussions impact you negatively? Maybe that will help me better understand these concerns that you and others have.
If your point is I can ignore the posts and scroll past, this is true. It's just a bummer. This forum isn't called Hubristic Political Rants, otherwise I wouldn't mention it. I'm sure there's a better fit for you on Reddit or somewhere. For the record, I agree with a lot of your points. Honest question: How does resisting the urge to post impact you negatively?

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 4:09 PM

I agree that endless political arguments need to stop on this thread. No one comes here to hear about your personal political views. If they want that, they can start a politics thread or follow you on Twitter.

In actual construction news, work starts on the South Albert overpasses replacement. CJME says the lane reductions will only last until April 10. I do not believe that for a minute. That is just for the crossover construction phase. If history is any indicator, lane closures will be excessively long and at times unnecessary (such as when they are not even working).

https://www.cjme.com/2023/03/27/cons...nas-south-end/

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 4:14 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
If your point is I can ignore the posts and scroll past, this is true. It's just a bummer. This forum isn't called Hubristic Political Rants, otherwise I wouldn't mention it. I'm sure there's a better fit for you on Reddit or somewhere. For the record, I agree with a lot of your points. Honest question: How does resisting the urge to post impact you negatively?
I mean, I post things, and people keep responding so clearly there is demand for the discussion on here . I literally wrote one sentence about Ukraine on here in relation to the increase in GDP that Stormer was talking about and others blew that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I agree that endless political arguments need to stop on this thread. No one comes here to hear about your personal political views. If they want that, they can start a politics thread or follow you on Twitter.
To be fair, everything is politics, especially developments in a city that are either funded by governments or zoned and planned by them.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 4:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:
In actual construction news, work starts on the South Albert overpasses replacement. CJME says the lane reductions will only last until April 10. I do not believe that for a minute. That is just for the crossover construction phase. If history is any indicator, lane closures will be excessively long and at times unnecessary (such as when they are not even working).

Haha totally agree. I am actually surprised how busy Ring Road is there despite the Bypass.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 4:54 PM

Quote:

I should squeeze in my annual quad clover pass on my bike before construction starts. I usually do a full ride of Albert Street in both directions early on a Sunday morning when its quiet. Often I do Albert and Broad in the same ride, but it's usually later in the year. Once I did all 16 cloverleafs around the city which ended up being an 86 km ride.

I wonder if they are doing both bridges this year and redirect traffic. I don't think there would be enough time to do both decks sequentially this year.

Last edited by gecho111; Mar 27, 2023 at 5:05 PM.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 5:17 PM

It will be nice for the overpass overhaul. Are there any renderings or major changes?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan