HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Sep 10, 2024, 5:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bblasa View Post
So badass!!! You’ve made a lot of progress since the last round!
I need to buy you a little mini demo crew so we can have little funny mockups when the smaller buildings u have built get redeveloped!
Be fun to have mini cranes too where projects are under construction
Mini cranes would be fun! Maybe once I have more completed, I can install some for the next wave of development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaven View Post
I hope you donate this model to the city library! this is so cool.
Donate? I don't know if I can give up my baby... Loan, possibly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmiv View Post
Have you considered filling the models once glued?

I’d turn a test model over and use a spray adhesive in the interior and let that dry to give it some rigidity. Then fill it with drying General Electric spray foam to give it structure.

They might be too fragile for the process to work, but the potential payoff might be worth the test.
That's a good idea. Unfortunately, a lot of the pieces are extremely tiny. And it would still be susceptible to moisture and sunlight exposure. :/

Thanks for the kind words, all.

This isn't directly related to my models, but I made this today after doing a deep dive into the residential surge of skyscrapers being built in the US, with Austin being one of the lead participants. Enjoy!

Old Posted Sep 10, 2024, 3:49 PM

Jake, you are MVP bro

This is such a REALLY nice graph. I was wondering how other cities are like with their development throughout the years. I also had to look up where Sunny Isles Beach was lmao

I think you should remove it and repost it with your signature somewhere. Someone might re-use it and call it theirs

Old Posted Sep 10, 2024, 3:51 PM

wow, look at Austin go! pull it together Seattle!

it'd be interesting to see the commercial buildings added to this list. back to work jake!

that and Toronto, Vancouver. Vancouver is WILD.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin