HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jul 15, 2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
After reading that article I would assume that LaPorte is tied up in litigation. Hopefully, that's about to be resolved. I'm glad that Citibank didn't hand over control of the property to Cowboy. I'm just not convinced that Cowboy would be willing or able to put up the kind of quality project there that that location deserves. Given what has been happening lately with interest in Downtown from much more sophisticated national developers, I would hope that a Patrinely type would pick up the property from Citibank.

I'm sad to see the Rex Theatre re-creation fall by the wayside. Maybe in the end we'll get a first class mixed-use project, with a respectable tower out of this mess. A major national/international developer with the right financial set-up would have the ability to negotiate an attractive settlement in litigation. That property's potential, even in its current condition, has become a very attractive commodity over the past few years, given its location.
If we are talking hopes for that location...I wish that given that both corners north and south are developed, that they would build a tall residential structure/apartment building or condos at +300 ft...

Old Posted Jul 15, 2017, 2:00 PM
They all float down here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
Someone was saying that there’s going to be a major crack down on panhandling soon. Does anyone know if that’s true? I’ve been trying to call the cops on the ones that stand in the middle of North Temple every day... for safety and disrupting traffic.
I've tried calling the cops on kids putting up lemonade stands on sidewalks and have gotten nowhere.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2017, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I've tried calling the cops on kids putting up lemonade stands on sidewalks and have gotten nowhere.
HahahAhahaha. Lmao. I could totally see you doing that

Old Posted Jul 15, 2017, 2:15 PM
SLC Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by airhero View Post
Last I heard, the owners defaulted on their loan and Citibank had decided to seek a foreclosure on the property, and that's where it was left off. I'd be interested to know if anyone has purchased the property yet. I'm sure other people have access to that info.

This is the most recent article I can find on it:
http://utahstories.com/2016/12/salt-...st-jungle-gym/
All of the original deeds and entities are still on title. The bank (Citibank among others) hasn't foreclosed or even filed a notice of default. Not unusual on a file of this size. This is the new normal for large scale commercial defaults. An asset loss like this will stay off the books until there is a real buyer in place. Problem is that the parcel value (land value minus a multi-million demolition bill) is nowhere near the debt ($30 mil-ish). That kind of straight loss can affect even a national banks balance sheet. The lending and asset ratios are all much more strict since the downturn so what do banks do to avoid sanctions? They simply DON'T foreclose. In the next downturn, don't expect many commercial foreclosures. I would not hold my breath on this one. It will take years to unravel. My fear is that it will stay in shadow inventory for Citi bank for the foreseeable future. The only bright part is that SLC RDA only had loan commitments but no actual cash change hands. They dodged a real bullet on this mess, probably the biggest development mess in our city's history.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2017, 6:36 PM
BANNED

panhandling needs to be illegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I know you were just coming off as a stuck up jack ass with your comment, but it really just shows just how clueless you really are about the panhandlers vs homeless ( two different groups ) issue that we have here in not only downtown, but all of the valley.
First of all comparing kids at a lemonade stand to panhandlers has to be the worst comparison I have seen on here. Ever if you were just trying to be a smart ass it just shows just how ignorant you truly are on this subject.
Let me point out a big difference between the two....Kid at lemonade stands don't go buy drugs with their "lemonade money" afterwards. And at least the kids do more ( work wise ) than just simply making a bullshit sign begging for money.
In short the panhandlers here are nothing more than freeloader crooks just simple taking money so they either support their drug habits or they put the money in a bank account. This has already been proven by our local news when undercover stings have been done.
Any lazy ass can park their car at a nearby parking lot, wear worn down cloths and white a sign.
LOL it's cute that you believe they are really "homeless"

Old Posted Jul 15, 2017, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportvids View Post
I know you were just coming off as a stuck up jack ass with your comment, but it really just shows just how clueless you really are about the panhandlers vs homeless ( two different groups ) issue that we have here in not only downtown, but all of the valley.
First of all comparing kids at a lemonade stand to panhandlers has to be the worst comparison I have seen on here. Ever if you were just trying to be a smart ass it just shows just how ignorant you truly are on this subject.
Let me point out a big difference between the two....Kid at lemonade stands don't go buy drugs with their "lemonade money" afterwards. And at least the kids do more ( work wise ) than just simply making a bullshit sign begging for money.
In short the panhandlers here are nothing more than freeloader crooks just simple taking money so they either support their drug habits or they put the money in a bank account. This has already been proven by our local news when undercover stings have been done.
Any lazy ass can park their car at a nearby parking lot, wear worn down cloths and white a sign.
LOL it's cute that you believe they are really "homeless"
Dude, for real. Yoga. Pilates. Maybe try some classical music and breathing exercises.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2017, 7:01 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post
Dude, for real. Yoga. Pilates. Maybe try some classical music and breathing exercises.
Dude, for real. Don't believe every bullshit Comrade says. You have a computer with google, USE IT!!!

ajiuO is right on this, not Comrade.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2017, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Dude, for real. Don't believe every bullshit Comrade says. You have a computer with google, USE IT!!!

ajiuO is right on this, not Comrade.
I though you were done with this thread? You said last time you can on that you weren't going to come back?? It's a little weird that you can't seem to stay away.

Also do you realize how ignorant you sound right now? Learn to recognize a joke! What made me laugh though was how you literally took all that time to explain the difference between homeless people, pan handlers, and children selling lemonade!

Old Posted Jul 15, 2017, 10:51 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

Besides the arguments about the kids not buying drugs and actually working... they also don’t sell lemonade in the middle of North Temple right in front of 300 W. That is a very high traffic area and it is not really safe for somone to be standing in the road right there. I have perosonly almost been hit by cars on more then one occasion just from legally crossing North Temple at a crosswalk... every time by somone on a cell phone. So I would actually call the police on kids selling lemonade if there were doing it in the middle of North Temple.

Besides being dangerous it also backs up traffic and causes people to miss the turn light when people are stopped there to give money.

I’ve also noticed a few guys in their early 40s holding up Vietnam War Vet Signs. Considering the war ended in 1975 and they would have had to have been born no later then 1957 in order to be eligable for that war... I would say they should probably come up with somthing else. I also see the same people with different stories all the time... I’m going to start calling the police on them for fraud.

There are also laws against aggressive panhandling. I’ve been very lax on that but no more... I’m going to call the cops... I’ve gotten a few other people in the area to do this as well. The idea is to legitimately overwhelm they system with legitimate calls regarding panhandling until the city gets to the point where they feel that they have to address the issue.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2017, 12:56 AM

Boston Globe article about SLC

What was someone saying about the lack of nightlife in SLC the other day?

"The once Mormon-dominated Salt Lake City is much gayer, and much cooler, than I ever expected."

For real: Salt Lake City is America’s super gay, super cool hipster haven
By Christopher Muther
GLOBE STAFF
JULY 14, 2017

Most of the info in this article has been going on here for decades, but the rest of the country is finally figuring that out.

Read it: http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle...?event=event25

Old Posted Jul 16, 2017, 3:27 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
What was someone saying about the lack of nightlife in SLC the other day?

"The once Mormon-dominated Salt Lake City is much gayer, and much cooler, than I ever expected."

For real: Salt Lake City is America’s super gay, super cool hipster haven
By Christopher Muther
GLOBE STAFF
JULY 14, 2017

Most of the info in this article has been going on here for decades, but the rest of the country is finally figuring that out.

Read it: http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle...?event=event25
Share with with the whole Golden State Warriors team since they were the ones that came out and said...."Salt Lake has no nightlife"

"An ESPN report Monday said several of the team's stars are lamenting spending Game 3 on Saturday and Game 4 on Monday of the Western Conference Semifinals in Salt Lake City rather than meeting the Clippers in Los Angeles."
http://www.sltrib.com/sports/5239691...rs-lament-lack

So, basically we ( salt lake ) needs to do a much better job and advertising our "nightlife" because there's still too many people who think Salt Lake is still living in the 1800's.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2017, 3:30 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain man View Post
I though you were done with this thread? You said last time you can on that you weren't going to come back?? It's a little weird that you can't seem to stay away.

Also do you realize how ignorant you sound right now? Learn to recognize a joke! What made me laugh though was how you literally took all that time to explain the difference between homeless people, pan handlers, and children selling lemonade!
Since you only been on this forum for barely two months, I'm not going to take your lack of knowledge about the full history of this forum or me for that matter that serious.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2017, 6:09 AM
The Drifter

Quote:
Since you only been on this forum for barely two months, I'm not going to take your lack of knowledge about the full history of this forum or me for that matter that serious.
I have been here posting since 2002, does that make me qualified?

P.S. does anyone want a bunch of 30-year-old bottled cherries and peaches? I will admit that I don't know if they are good for wine or other alcohol or not but I would imagine they are fermenting at this point in there life.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2017, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
I have been here posting since 2002, does that make me qualified?

P.S. does anyone want a bunch of 30-year-old bottled cherries and peaches? I will admit that I don't know if they are good for wine or other alcohol or not but I would imagine they are fermenting at this point in there life.
If you would feel comfortable eating them, then I will gladly take them off your hands.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post
Scott, Very cool about the major television series of Yellowstone, starring Kevin Costner gearing up for production in Utah. A lot of Hollywood heavyweights involved, and 300 plus jobs created. Do you anticipate being involved? First season, ten episodes. Looking at who is involved in front of and behind the camera, this seems like it's going to be a winner, unlike 'Blood and Oil'.

Development wise, I'm really hoping to see some more series get rolling along the Wasatch, having multiple follow up seasons, and building more studios, and state of the art sound stages too. I think Utah could have so much more going for it as a shooting locale vs. so many other States like New Mexico, etc.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2017, 5:43 PM

Utah Real Estate Developer Rankings (by employees)

Utah Business Magazine July 2017

https://indd.adobe.com/view/27bbb2ef...e-fd864b281f8c

Obviously some are missing and some did not disclose their size

Old Posted Jul 17, 2017, 6:18 PM
The Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch Wasteland View Post
If you would feel comfortable eating them, then I will gladly take them off your hands.
let's take this to a private conversation. PM me or contact me via Facebook and we can go over the details.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2017, 9:48 PM
NIMBY Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by airhero View Post
Awesome. Thanks!

I'm not sure what to think of them after looking at their website. Looks like it hasn't been updated in years.
Sorry this is a late response; I don't get to check the site every day. Anyway, I know one of the Helds and asked him about their plans for the site. He said that their plans aren't public yet, so he can't tell me. But FWIW, he did say they're pretty excited about it.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2017, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoe View Post
Sorry this is a late response; I don't get to check the site every day. Anyway, I know one of the Helds and asked him about their plans for the site. He said that their plans aren't public yet, so he can't tell me. But FWIW, he did say they're pretty excited about it.
I'm willing to bet it's similar to the objective the Void was trying to promote. I'm going to guess they don't want to sit on the property undeveloped...and I wouldn't be surprised if they are looking into who could best run property's conglomerate of components to keep the finished product running smoothly. But who knows

Old Posted Jul 18, 2017, 1:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Scott, Very cool about the major television series of Yellowstone, starring Kevin Costner gearing up for production in Utah. A lot of Hollywood heavyweights involved, and 300 plus jobs created. Do you anticipate being involved? First season, ten episodes. Looking at who is involved in front of and behind the camera, this seems like it's going to be a winner, unlike 'Blood and Oil'.

Development wise, I'm really hoping to see some more series get rolling along the Wasatch, having multiple follow up seasons, and building more studios, and state of the art sound stages too. I think Utah could have so much more going for it as a shooting locale vs. so many other States like New Mexico, etc.
Delts, yeah Yellowstone is great one for Utah. Perhaps more impressive than Kevin Costner, it's written and directed by Taylor Sherriden, who just did Wind River in Utah a little over a year ago, and who was recently nominated for an Oscar for writing Sicario. I was offered the Script Coordinator position on it, and it hurt like hell to have to decline, because I'll be working on a project in Pittsburgh and then in Croatia during the production. I really wanted to be a part of it!

There definitely seems to be real momentum in the film industry here right now. Yellowstone will be taking over the Park City Film studios as their production offices and base camp for the production. I really expected the PC Film Studios would sit empty most of the time, but I'm happy to be proven wrong about that.

When I was working for HBO last year, Mosaic and Westworld were both shooting here, as well as Blood and Oil, and another indie feature, on top of the usual day-to-day commercials and industrials that are always in production. I have an office at Redman Movies, which is the largest grip and electric supplier here in Utah, and their warehouse was pretty much bare. For those few weeks, Utah's film industry infrustructure and crew was maxed out. I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen again this year when Westworld is back.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West