HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Aug 30, 2023, 8:33 PM

Construction Underway At 1031 Germantown Avenue In Northern Liberties

Quote:
Philadelphia YIMBY’s recent site visit has observed that construction work is well underway at a 20-unit townhouse development at 1031 Germantown Avenue in Northern Liberties, Lower North Philadelphia. Designed by JKRP Architects, the development will span a wedge-shaped parcel bordered by Germantown Avenue to the southwest and West Allen Street to the north, and will comprise the first phase of a project that will include 15 more townhouses in the future.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2023/08/cons...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Aug 30, 2023, 8:34 PM

Construction Complete At 2401 Frankford Avenue In East Kensington

Quote:
Philadelphia YIMBY’s recent site visit has confirmed that construction is complete at a four-story, 15-unit residential development at 2401 Frankford Avenue in Fishtown. Designed by Ambit Architecture and developed by Philly Capital Group, the 14,560-square-foot building stands at the east side of the traffic circle at the intersection of Frankford Avenue, Trenton Avenue, and East York Street, which gains its distinctive “flatiron” shape from its acutely angled site. The development will feature ground-floor commercial space (primarily along Frankford Avenue), a basement, full sprinkling, balconies, and a green roof covering at least 60 percent of the rooftop. Permits list GRIT Construction as the contractor and specify a construction cost of $2.05 million.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2023/08/2401...ensington.html

Old Posted Aug 30, 2023, 8:36 PM

First Building Nears Completion At Complex At 2157 East Lehigh Avenue In Olde Richmond

Quote:
A recent site visit by Philadelphia YIMBY has noted that construction is nearly complete on one of the four buildings at a 278-unit mixed-use development underway at 2157 East Lehigh Avenue in East Kensington, with construction work well underway on the rest. Designed by DesignBlendz, the project’s four structures will stand between 60 to 75 feet tall. Building A (01) will rise six stories and span 73,124 square feet, and contain commercial space at the ground floor and 81 residential units, a roof deck, and a small parking garage, with construction costs estimated at $3.5 million. Building B (02) will rise seven stories, span 65,550 square feet, and feature 72 units. Building C (03) will rise six stories, hold 60 residences, span 56,981 square feet, and include a roof deck and a garage, though it will not offer commercial space on the ground floor, and cost $3.5 million to build. Matching the other structures, Building D (04) will also reach a height of six stories and include a garage and 65 residential units, though it will not house any commercial space. In total, the building will hold 71,437 square feet of space, and cost $3.5 million. The development will include parking for 132 cars and 96 bicycles.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2023/08/firs...ensington.html

Old Posted Aug 30, 2023, 8:37 PM

Construction Underway At 614 South 13th Street In Hawthorne

Quote:
Philadelphia YIMBY’s recent site visit has observed that construction work is making progress at a four-story, 45-unit multi-family building at 614 South 13th Street in Hawthorne, South Philadelphia. The development is situated on the west side of the block between Kater and Bainbridge streets. Designed by ALMA Architecture, the building will span 35,653 square feet of space and will include a green roof, 16 units of affordable housing, and parking for 16 cars. Permits list the Benchmark Construction Group as the contractor and specify a construction cost of $5.5 million.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2023/08/cons...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Aug 30, 2023, 8:38 PM

Construction Complete At 2000 North Front Street In Norris Square

Quote:
A recent site visit by Philadelphia YIMBY has confirmed that construction is complete at a five-story, 21-unit mixed-use building at 2000 North Front Street in Fishtown. The structure stands at the northwest corner of Front and Norris streets, replacing a dilapidated and boarded-up three-story prewar building. The development offers 22,992 square feet of interior space, which will include a commercial component and a roof deck. Permits list Dr. Jerry Ginsberg as the owner, KCA Design Associates as the architect, and Tota Builders, Inc. [sic] as the contractor. Construction costs are indicated at $710,000.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2023/08/cons...ishtown-2.html

Old Posted Aug 30, 2023, 8:44 PM

New St. Joseph’s dormitory would shift student housing toward City Avenue

Quote:
A new St. Joseph’s University dormitory for first-year students is being proposed as part of a plan to shift undergraduate housing away from West Philadelphia’s residential neighborhoods, minimizing conflict between students and area residents.

The university says that the 578-bed, six-story building at 5800 City Ave., wrapping around the intersection with Cardinal Avenue, will essentially replace two aging dormitories slated for demolition near Overbrook Avenue and Cardinal, which are closer to residential neighborhoods.

It is the latest element of St. Joseph’s master plan, which was drafted in the years before the pandemic as an effort to modernize the university’s sprawling campus in Philadelphia and Lower Merion Township.

The project will be considered by the city’s advisory Civic Design Review committee on Sept. 5. It also needs permission from the Zoning Board of Adjustment to remove heritage trees (which will be replaced with fresh plantings) and to ease setback requirements.

In addition to dorm rooms, the 240,000-square-foot building will include offices for several unspecified academic departments.

The cost of construction is still being determined, said McGuriman, and it is anticipated to break ground this fall and to open in the autumn 2025.
Read/view more here:
https://www.inquirer.com/real-estate...-20230824.html

Old Posted Aug 30, 2023, 8:55 PM

1525 N. American Street update from Rising Real Estate

Ray Philly - a 6-story apartment building with 110 residential units, a 2,700 SF commercial space, 6 artist studios, and 17 parking spots - was recently completed on American Street in South Kensington.

https://www.facebook.com/risingrealestate

Old Posted Aug 31, 2023, 2:08 AM

Old Posted Aug 31, 2023, 3:13 AM
Creative Ambitions

New Equipment TK? I'm glad to see you getting shots from the streets good work

Also Thank you to everyone, I'm trying to keep an update on all projects plus some more, I need to get some more shots from W Philly, and N Philly.

Also for those who have been missing the drone shots, My drone was stolen so between now and the end of the year I plan to get a new one so look forward to those shots popping back up

Old Posted Aug 31, 2023, 3:31 AM

Same equipment! Same phone, same camera

Old Posted Aug 31, 2023, 1:44 PM

Society Hill Civic Assoc had some dev updates if anyone is interested in attending:

PennDOT Virtual Public Meeting
PennDOT will present to Society Hill on the upcoming I-95 CAP project. The request to relocate the Irish and Scottish memorials on Foglietta Plaza from Fall 2023 to Spring 2028 as accommodation for the larger project will be discussed.
Thursday, September 7, 7:00 pm
https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001L5dj...NNUjFTK6X0rA==

76Place Community Information Sessions

Join the Philadelphia 76ers for an upcoming community information session to learn more about 76Place - their newly proposed arena.
Virtual Meeting
Thursday, August 31, 6:00 pm

Penn's Landing Park Groundbreaking

The Delaware River Waterfront Corporation invites you to join Governor Josh Shapiro and Mayor Jim Kenney in commemorating the groundbreaking for the I-95 Central Access Philadelphia Penn’s Landing Park, an 11.5 acre park that will connect the city to the heart of the waterfront.

Wednesday, September 6, 9:30 am
Click here to RSVP

Old Posted Sep 1, 2023, 1:23 PM

Awesome. This is exactly the kind of project we need and exactly the kind of space that Philly lacks. More of this please!

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...-fishtown.html

Old Posted Sep 1, 2023, 3:20 PM

2132 N 10th street and the Darien (8th and poplar) seem to be making steady progress with 10th street having an elevator shaft ( I think) up and the 3 Darien buildings having most of their wooden frames built

Old Posted Sep 1, 2023, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Awesome. This is exactly the kind of project we need and exactly the kind of space that Philly lacks. More of this please!

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...-fishtown.html
Can read because I'm not a subscriber but is this the place right in the middle of the neighborhood on/near Belgrade? If so, a big upgrade. The previous use smelled like moth balls a block away and I'm not even kidding. They've been working on this for a while and it looks amazing already.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2023, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
Can read because I'm not a subscriber but is this the place right in the middle of the neighborhood on/near Belgrade? If so, a big upgrade. The previous use smelled like moth balls a block away and I'm not even kidding. They've been working on this for a while and it looks amazing already.
A boutique hotel and self-described "urban retreat" plans to open in the 18th century property formerly housing Penn Home in Philadelphia's Fishtown neighborhood.
Hotel Anna & Bel, located at 1401 E. Susquehanna Ave., will offer amenities including a restaurant, fitness space and a swimming pool, according to its website. A zoning permit issued on March 23 includes drawings from Philadelphia-based Ambit Architecture for 50 proposed visitor accommodations across four levels.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2023, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysb View Post
A boutique hotel and self-described "urban retreat" plans to open in the 18th century property formerly housing Penn Home in Philadelphia's Fishtown neighborhood.
Hotel Anna & Bel, located at 1401 E. Susquehanna Ave., will offer amenities including a restaurant, fitness space and a swimming pool, according to its website. A zoning permit issued on March 23 includes drawings from Philadelphia-based Ambit Architecture for 50 proposed visitor accommodations across four levels.
All the cool stuff happens in Fishtown.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2023, 6:33 PM

Quote:
interesting.

i have to believe this somehow got through without needing a zoning variance. i think it's a super cool project but the neighborhood would have definitively rejected a 50 room hotel in the middle of the residential core of the neighborhood with no parking.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2023, 6:38 PM

Quote:
I think they meant 19th century,

Old Posted Sep 1, 2023, 11:37 PM

The battery redevelopment and renovation project also has new buildings proposed for what are now parking lots right? I remember seeing something but I can't remember if they were set in stone or when there happening
Also, does anybody have updates on 650 Fairmount?
I think that was a several hundred unit project like two apartment buildings and several townhomes. I saw a few pictures a while back but haven't seen anything since

Old Posted Sep 2, 2023, 1:20 AM
Midrise

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
interesting.

i have to believe this somehow got through without needing a zoning variance. i think it's a super cool project but the neighborhood would have definitively rejected a 50 room hotel in the middle of the residential core of the neighborhood with no parking.
I haven’t checked the specifics here, but I think they may be utilizing zoning incentives for historic properties that were enacted by Council a few years ago. This property was added to the Philadelphia Register in 2020: https://www.phila.gov/media/20201217...nomination.pdf

EDIT: Yep, that’s what they did. From the zoning plan attached to ZP-2023-001904: https://li.phila.gov/property-histor...ZP-2023-001904
CAR PARKING
CMX-3 requires 3/10; however, Historic Structures have no parking requirements per 14-801(2)(d) Historic Structures.

Last edited by Jayfar; Sep 2, 2023 at 1:40 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development