HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 16, 2023, 10:29 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstart View Post
good god the arrogance that pours out of you is unbelievable!

I cannot wait for you to run for Mayor in the next election, clearly you are the vaulted leader of all and have the solutions, pull, and power to wave your magic wand and solve all the problems of the City with poise and grace that hasn't been seen in 20 years!

But also I hope you understand the irony of your reply suggesting I am the arrogant one when the mayor, who is supposed to represent everyone in this city, suggests that certain areas are undesirable. She is supposed to be a cheerleader for the city. A real estate agent on steroids who can find the good in even the shittiest part of town. Especially since she has control over at least attempting to make these areas more desirable. Also, someone with that kind of power saying these things can result in a drop of property values for those areas. It amazes me that you don't understand any of this.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2023, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post

But also I hope you understand the irony of your reply suggesting I am the arrogant one when the mayor, who is supposed to represent everyone in this city, suggests that certain areas are undesirable. She is supposed to be a cheerleader for the city. A real estate agent on steroids who can find the good in even the shittiest part of town. Especially since she has control over at least attempting to make these areas more desirable. Also, someone with that kind of power saying these things can result in a drop of property values for those areas. It amazes me that you don't understand any of this.
You despise our mayor but I can almost 100% guarantee you supported Steven's and LeBlancs lawsuit against our new city manager. I'll agree, just like our mayor, they don't understand they represent the entire city and its citizens regardless of there ward. They were prepared to throw ever negative view point at her and then some (marginalizing women in power). It was emberassing for the city and a sad attempt to push there personal agenda. Not to mention she probably hates this city now and cant wait to leave. What a great way those 2 councilors represented regina to the rest of the country....

Old Posted Feb 17, 2023, 1:02 AM

Luckily no one in Canada outside of Regina is caring about Regina city hall politics and its drama. Toronto has it covered lol.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2023, 1:07 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougler306 View Post
You despise our mayor but I can almost 100% guarantee you supported Steven's and LeBlancs lawsuit against our new city manager. I'll agree, just like our mayor, they don't understand they represent the entire city and its citizens regardless of there ward. They were prepared to throw ever negative view point at her and then some (marginalizing women in power). It was emberassing for the city and a sad attempt to push there personal agenda. Not to mention she probably hates this city now and cant wait to leave. What a great way those 2 councilors represented regina to the rest of the country....
Lmao. "Marginalizing women in power." Give me a break. She's the highest paid employee at City Hall and she serves council, including Stevens and LeBlanc, who I of course support. Homelessness isn't their personal issue. The entirety of Council voted to end homelessness last summer, which is why it was a problem that it was not included in the proposed two-year budget at the time. This has already been litigated on this forum but please spare us the pearl clutching. The reaction from the mayor, the city manager, and many of the councillors was nothing but consternation for being exposed for not actually wanting to do anything meaningful with their power by two councillors attempting to hold them accountable.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2023, 1:08 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Luckily no one in Canada outside of Regina is caring about Regina city hall politics and its drama. Toronto has it covered lol.
Lol you got that right.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2023, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstart View Post
Weird for a Mayor to speak the truth?

Or weird that the Mayor doesn’t wave her magic wand and fix the decades of problems created by the last several mayors? So in 2007 when McLeans wrote the North Central Article that was Fiacco. And then 5 yrs later that was Fougere for 8 yrs. Mayor Masters has been in for what? 2 yrs and 3 months and it’s somehow soley her fault/requirement to wave the magic wand and fix it all?

That quote is fact. Straight fact of Regina. It’s a straight fact of decades upon decades of poor management and policies.
So true the Mayor is doing a great job the previous councils where awful useless as toots on a boarrrrss three new Housing in Initiatives for lower income people which is great she’s getting things done Mayor Pat was ……perfect

Old Posted Feb 17, 2023, 8:22 PM

So because previous councils didn't solve it, we can't hold this council responsible for doing nothing about it either? No, previous councils ignored it and this council voted unanimously to look into doing something with it (when the vote didn't involve spending money) and then it conveniently got left out of the budget where it would've been voted down anyway. We can't do anything about council that is no longer there but we can ask the current council to deal with city issues that affect the city now.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2023, 5:54 PM

https://www.620ckrm.com/2023/02/22/s...ment-facility/
Business leaders are looking to make Regina’s downtown more livable, more entertaining, and more vibrant.

A survey of members of the Regina Chamber of Commerce shows nearly 70 percent of the people who responded want to see a multi purpose event centre in the downtown area.

76 percent agree a project like that would rejuvinate the downtown core.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2023, 6:01 PM
Chilean like a villian

You left out...

"There has been various proposals over the years for a facility like this downtown, including a ball field for the Regina Red Sox.

The survey had 144 responses."

A ball field would do absolutely nothing for the downtown area other than sit empty for over 300 days per year IMHO.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2023, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spictacular mcluvin View Post
You left out...

"There has been various proposals over the years for a facility like this downtown, including a ball field for the Regina Red Sox.

A ball field would do absolutely nothing for the downtown area other than sit empty for over 300 days per year IMHO.
So 6.8% of the Chamber members bothered to respond to the survey. What a joke!

Old Posted Feb 22, 2023, 7:49 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post
So 6.8% of the Chamber members bothered to respond to the survey. What a joke!
Also, the Chamber itself only represents a tiny portion of the city population. Is this a democracy or do only those with the financial power get a say?

Old Posted Feb 22, 2023, 8:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spictacular mcluvin View Post
You left out...

Actually the Red Sox only have 28 regular season home games per year. What a joke.

I like how they call it a multi-purpose facility. They also used that description for Mosaic Stadium before reverting to just a football stadium.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2023, 10:10 PM

Victoria Ave Vet Clinic redevelopment is coming along. This photo is from Oct. There are about a half dozen recently re-developed retail businesses along that stretch of Vic.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2023, 3:09 PM

Poor quality concept render for a new arena. Looking for one with better res. This is from @WayneMantykaCTV on Twitter.
Can't seem to post. Here is link: https://twitter.com/WayneMantykaCTV/...7SmX32eow&s=19

Last edited by Stormer; Feb 26, 2023 at 4:33 PM.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2023, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Poor quality concept render for a new arena. Looking for one with better res. This is from @WayneMantykaCTV on Twitter.
Can't seem to post. Here is link: https://twitter.com/WayneMantykaCTV/...7SmX32eow&s=19
Connecting to the other shots posted. (No hi quality shots found yet).

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...252642&page=10

Last edited by one_brick_at_a_time; Feb 26, 2023 at 6:25 PM.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2023, 1:55 PM

Quote:
I saw that picture in the March 1 Executive Meeting Agenda Packet on page 119
http://reginask.iqm2.com/Citizens/default.aspx

It was also low resolution there. The caption read "Artist's Rendering Only; not intended to be indicative of a final design". So it will probably look nothing like that anyway, they just wanted to show the space it will occupy.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2023, 2:04 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
Also, the Chamber itself only represents a tiny portion of the city population. Is this a democracy or do only those with the financial power get a say?

“But the plans were on display…”
“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
“That’s the display department.”
“With a flashlight.”
“Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
“So had the stairs.”
“But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Feb 27, 2023, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Actually the Red Sox only have 28 regular season home games per year. What a joke.

I like how they call it a multi-purpose facility. They also used that description for Mosaic Stadium before reverting to just a football stadium.
Same bait and switch in Winnipeg. IGF was supposed to have a removable dome that would cover just the field. Something like a coverall or inflatable golf dome type thing. So it could be used in winter by other groups for soccer and such. It wasn't that expensive IIRC, but it was nixed.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 10:07 PM

The pier in the middle of the creek was covered at heated when I was past there on Sunday. The pier cap looks pretty smooth, it may have been prefabricated off site. Between my 2 passes a few hours apart they welded steel plates connecting the poles and moved the scaffolding.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2023, 1:53 PM

Question Inquiring Minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecho111 View Post
The pier in the middle of the creek was covered at heated when I was past there on Sunday. The pier cap looks pretty smooth, it may have been prefabricated off site. Between my 2 passes a few hours apart they welded steel plates connecting the poles and moved the scaffolding.

Was there a study published anywhere about this? I'm specifically wondering why they had to re-align the road to accommodate the new bridge vs. just closing Pinkie, removing the existing one, and building the new in it's place.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan