HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 6, 2024, 1:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
There is still no indication they are mounting a second tower crane at the ICON construction site in Riverview.

I wonder if the crane pieces lying on the ground here could be being stored by ICON for future installation at the Infinity Tower project next year????

Hmmmmm......
im not for sure but when they arrived the tower crane prices were blue and now some are white and some are half blue and half white I think they have been painting the tower crane.
But it could also be that they don’t need the big tower crane thats being used right now so they will use the smaller one that’s on the ground and use the big on for infinty.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2024, 12:14 PM

Quote:
I wonder if the crane pieces lying on the ground here could be being stored by ICON for future installation at the Infinity Tower project next year????
I think that is what's happening here. Given the time of year, I don't see them starting to excavate for a 2nd building now.

One thing I'm wondering - Would Icon use one crane from the ground to cover 30 floors? I've seen large builds where there is a crane actually on the building to reach higher floors.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2024, 12:20 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
One thing I'm wondering - Would Icon use one crane from the ground to cover 30 floors? I've seen large builds where there is a crane actually on the building to reach higher floors.
A very good question. The taller the build, the more likely it is they would use an integrated crane system. I don't know if 30 storeys justifies this. Standalone cranes can be braced to the building for stability, and, can be jacked up during construction. This might be more likely.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2024, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy321 View Post
They have also cleared all the bushes once again at 37 Trites road I imagine it will be a 2-3 floor apartment
Drove by this site yesterday and it looks like they have the sub grade work done. The footprint of the building is visible and they're getting ready to pour the slab.

This is a 3 floor building of 12 units. Another one of these smaller in-filling buildings that I'm sure the town loves. Pretty good location for anybody who works at the Riverview mall.

Riverview PAC (renders): https://www.townofriverview.ca/sites...ac_package.pdf

Old Posted Sep 8, 2024, 4:33 PM

They have cleared the land for the new Riverview Recreation Center off of Bridgedale Blvd. Does anyone know if they plan on starting construction this fall?

Old Posted Sep 11, 2024, 8:10 PM

It looks like the temporary supports are in place on the first ICON building, so we should see concrete being poured for the 2nd floor any time now. Those crane components are still on the ground - not sure if they're to be used for this project or just being stored.

I'd like to see Infinity Aerials post some pictures of this site!

Old Posted Sep 11, 2024, 10:38 PM

I seen an excavator on the pinewood and pine glen corner digging today, they chopped down all the trees several months ago and that was it. It seems like a large footprint for a small 3 story apartment could it be possible they seen what was getting built across the street and wanted to go bigger?

Old Posted Sep 11, 2024, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy321 View Post
I seen an excavator on the pinewood and pine glen corner digging today, they chopped down all the trees several months ago and that was it. It seems like a large footprint for a small 3 story apartment could it be possible they seen what was getting built across the street and wanted to go bigger?
It's actually 2-storeys/12 units so it makes sense that the footprint is larger than what you would expect for a 3-storey.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2024, 11:46 PM

Here is the approval from council, with a lot of renders.

https://www.townofriverview.ca/sites...pac_report.pdf

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:02 AM

^^ for such a prominent corner, I would have expected a larger building. At least 4 storeys. Better than nothing though I guess.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:33 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Kent Homes proposes 196-home subdivision in West Riverview
Public hearing for rezoning of land on Coverdale Road in west Riverview set for Oct. 15
Author of the article:Alan Cochrane
Published Sep 11, 2024 • Last updated 19 hours ago • 3 minute read
https://tj.news/moncton-miramichi/ke...west-riverview (paywall)

Kent Homes is proposing a new subdivision in west Riverview that would eventually have 196 homes. The site is on the south side of Coverdale Road across from Patricia Drive

Quote:
The proposed development was introduced to Riverview council Aug. 12 and the Planning Advisory Board on Sept. 11. A public hearing on the application to rezoning the land from Rural Area to Manufactured Dwelling is scheduled for Oct. 15.

The proposed subdivision is for land owned by J.D. Irving, Limited, on the south side of Coverdale Road, across from Patricia Drive and the River Garden Estates community. The first phase would be 56 homes, with a total of 196 houses.
Manufactured homes are not mobile homes, therefore this will not be a "trailer park", but, manufactured homes can be defined as a form of affordable housing as they can be built and sold for less than the cost of a traditional home built on site.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
[B][SIZE="4"]

Manufactured homes are not mobile homes, therefore this will not be a "trailer park", but, manufactured homes can be defined as a form of affordable housing as they can be built and sold for less than the cost of a traditional home built on site.
I guess it's all in the technicalities. But a home not sitting on a foundation is pretty much mobile. It's funny how inflation pushes certain house types, as inflation was sky-high in the 70s and 80s when mobile homes (and parks) became popular. Here we are, not even 50 years later, going through the same cycle.

All good though. This is a great solution for quick and affordable (depending on who you ask) housing.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
^^ for such a prominent corner, I would have expected a larger building. At least 4 storeys. Better than nothing though I guess.
I think it's 2 storeys because the lot abuts Vanessa Court with single family homes. At least there'll be a significant development across the road with the ICON buildings.

Just a bit farther up Pine Glen there are 2 more apartment buildings under construction - the final two of a four building development.

There's a lot of construction going on in this area of the town!

Old Posted Today, 1:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
It looks like the temporary supports are in place on the first ICON building, so we should see concrete being poured for the 2nd floor any time now. Those crane components are still on the ground - not sure if they're to be used for this project or just being stored.

I'd like to see Infinity Aerials post some pictures of this site!
2nd story has just started the way this project is going it should be topped off by mid November.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces