HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 27, 2012, 7:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
It's all about credibility, if your not forthright with your customers (fans) don't expect a lot of sympathy when fans demand refunds on season ticket sales and such.
Where is the lack of credibility? They said the next projected target is July 26 and would update on that target on May1st. So who isn't being forthright?

I expect the Bombers will credit our season ticket accounts with the difference in cost between old and new seats and we'll get in when we get in.

There's nothing shady going on. Is it painful for them to admit they were too ambitious from the start with the time frame...of course, but they aren't deceiving anyone. We can't expect an update every week.

Most major projects get behind schedule, this isn't anything new.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2012, 7:55 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Found this in the comments section of the above link I posted

"why isn't anybody talking about the crappy concrete work on the foundation that resulted in having to underpin the foundation..that's where the delays are but they won't tell you that........underpinning a brand new building??? are you kidding me!!!!
free press, where's your investigative reporters?????"

With the airport delays and foundation problems, cost overruns at the CMHR and now with the delays on the stadium it makes you wonder about the firms hired to do the work in the first place and whether because they are publicly financed projects if there is a licence to fleece built into them.
You think that's scary? Imagine smaller projects where this kind of stuff happens everyday, and there isn't the budget or proper oversight to actual fix these types of problems?

Just be thankful it gets done.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2012, 10:51 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
You think that's scary? Imagine smaller projects where this kind of stuff happens everyday, and there isn't the budget or proper oversight to actual fix these types of problems?

Just be thankful it gets done.
Really, what are contracts and lawyers for then.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2012, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swet View Post
Where is the lack of credibility? They said the next projected target is July 26 and would update on that target on May1st. So who isn't being forthright?
I expect the Bombers will credit our season ticket accounts with the difference in cost between old and new seats and we'll get in when we get in.

There's nothing shady going on. Is it painful for them to admit they were too ambitious from the start with the time frame...of course, but they aren't deceiving anyone. We can't expect an update every week.

Most major projects get behind schedule, this isn't anything new.
I would guess the accusation of a lack of forthrightness would be due to the fact that pretty much every trained and untrained eye could see in December that there was no way this facility was ever going to be finished anywhere close to their projections. At that point, it would have been prudent for the team to alter their timelines.

I suppose they can claim being forthright, but if they are, they are completely clueless. So take your pick, forthright and clueless or informed and deceitful. Either way, it doesn't look good.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2012, 5:17 PM

Oh no, you're wrong on that part. It looks really good! It just won't be finished on time.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2012, 6:12 PM

Old Posted May 1, 2012, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisallard5454 View Post
Oh no, you're wrong on that part. It looks really good! It just won't be finished on time.
ChrisA,

So when the suits come to the Law Courts, you will be the first to be called to the Bar to testify, and you will answer, "It looked really good!". but, it wasn't finished on time. Chris, last week I was nominating you for Mayor, today, I'm afraid to let you play in the sandbox with the other kids. Would you just count to ten before you speak, again.

Note to the "North Regina Boy"

Your Visa card for your seats were rejected for insufficient funds and they want you to turn in your credit card. Get your Daddy to bring in a couple loads of wheat instead.

Still looking for my pictures of the steel down at the stadium. Guess that's not going to happen. If you want something done, you just have to go incognito. Are gloves in vogue down at the site, I can't get my ring off.

Old Posted May 1, 2012, 3:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittle1 View Post
ChrisA,

So when the suits come to the Law Courts, you will be the first to be called to the Bar to testify, and you will answer, "It looked really good!". but, it wasn't finished on time. Chris, last week I was nominating you for Mayor, today, I'm afraid to let you play in the sandbox with the other kids. Would you just count to ten before you speak, again.
Um ok. I promise to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God. It does look good! I see not what the problem is. I am not an engineer in any way, so I don't feel the urge to get mixed up in that said debate, so why not state whether it is aesthetically pleasing.

So I guess I don't have your vote for when I run for election next campaign now? That kind of sucks, because you were my inspiration to run. Now I feel as if I should stop making my campaign website, because the person who triggered my campaign doesn't even believe in me anymore.

Old Posted May 1, 2012, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Um ok. I promise to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God. It does look good! I see not what the problem is. I am not an engineer in any way, so I don't feel the urge to get mixed up in that said debate, so why not state whether it is aesthetically pleasing.

So I guess I don't have your vote for when I run for election next campaign now? That kind of sucks, because you were my inspiration to run. Now I feel as if I should stop making my campaign website, because the person who triggered my campaign doesn't even believe in me anymore.
Just trying to let you down slowly. Better then a kick to the groin that Sammy's going to get if he runs next time.

If you were going to run, you'll have to loose the backpack. Try to suck it up and don't dwell on the past, look forward to each new day. R U inspired?

Old Posted May 1, 2012, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Just trying to let you down slowly. Better then a kick to the groin that Sammy's going to get if he runs next time.

If you were going to run, you'll have to loose the backpack. Try to suck it up and don't dwell on the past, look forward to each new day. R U inspired?
That would be a good place to start. I wonder does one have to wear a 500.00 suit in order to be voted into office? If so, I am once again screwed.

Old Posted May 1, 2012, 5:10 PM

Quote:
I wonder does one have to wear a 500.00 suit in order to be voted into office? If so, I am once again screwed.
Considering the election isn't for 2 and a half years, that should give you plenty of time to budget for one

Old Posted May 1, 2012, 5:37 PM
Dynamic Positivity!

Quote:
That would be a good place to start. I wonder does one have to wear a 500.00 suit in order to be voted into office? If so, I am once again screwed.
Have you seen the people in the chambers of City Hall?

I am sure that Harvey Smith could lend you a suit.

Old Posted May 1, 2012, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0twired View Post
Have you seen the people in the chambers of City Hall?

I am sure that Harvey Smith could lend you a suit.
Now that you mention it, you're absolutely right about that! hehe! Seriously though, what do you think the chances are for a 23 year old (2014) without a degree to get elected?

I think I could do the job in the chair, simply because I wouldn't be naive enough to think I could run the city without the aid of those who have obtained relevant degrees, such as urban planning...etc. etc. I am surprised the city isn't more in touch with the U of M in that regard. The biggest thing going for me would be that I care enough about the city and its citizens to always with the best of my knowledge do the right thing. Judy had that mindset, yet she didn't get voted in.

The biggest problem seems to be that only 210 000 people voted lasted election. (http://www.winnipeg.ca/clerks/docs/e.../winnipeg.html)

I believe that if I could engage enough youth in this city, I could swing the polls my way to ensure a win. Who knows I am probably dreaming. But it is worth a try.

The council is trying to make the city appealing for youth, yet they never listen to what they have to say.

Old Posted May 1, 2012, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Now that you mention it, you're absolutely right about that! hehe! Seriously though, what do you think the chances are for a 23 year old (2014) without a degree to get elected?

I think I could do the job in the chair, simply because I wouldn't be naive enough to think I could run the city without the aid of those who have obtained relevant degrees, such as urban planning...etc. etc. I am surprised the city isn't more in touch with the U of M in that regard. The biggest thing going for me would be that I care enough about the city and its citizens to always with the best of my knowledge do the right thing. Judy had that mindset, yet she didn't get voted in.

The biggest problem seems to be that only 210 000 people voted lasted election. (http://www.winnipeg.ca/clerks/docs/e.../winnipeg.html)

I believe that if I could engage enough youth in this city, I could swing the polls my way to ensure a win. Who knows I am probably dreaming. But it is worth a try.

The council is trying to make the city appealing for youth, yet they never listen to what they have to say.
Never hurt to try. Then maybe us SSP folks may be able to influence city hall in decision making

Old Posted May 1, 2012, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Found this in the comments section of the above link I posted

"why isn't anybody talking about the crappy concrete work on the foundation that resulted in having to underpin the foundation..that's where the delays are but they won't tell you that........underpinning a brand new building??? are you kidding me!!!!
free press, where's your investigative reporters?????"

With the airport delays and foundation problems, cost overruns at the CMHR and now with the delays on the stadium it makes you wonder about the firms hired to do the work in the first place and whether because they are publicly financed projects if there is a licence to fleece built into them.
Didn't they switch to steel piles instead of conrete to save money?

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 2:23 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

you never know chris

i should toss some money aside. temping to make a go for mayor but yea i would get called all sorts of things i'm sitting on an idea that could be a game changer just duno how to facilitate doing it....

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 2:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
you never know chris

i should toss some money aside. temping to make a go for mayor but yea i would get called all sorts of things i'm sitting on an idea that could be a game changer just duno how to facilitate doing it....
With the way the city has been run since before many of us were even conceived it is no surprise that those of us who decided to stay - because we love our city, or because we had to - would like to run for mayor. It would be far more resourceful to pick one, and create a great campaign, rather than all run up against one another, thus allowing our mediocre mayor to be picked again. Though he isn't running again is he?

My idea is to engage the youth of this city. That is the key. As I said, considering only 210 000 people voted in the previous election, it is very important to engage the youth, and lead them to be politically active.

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 1:23 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
ChrisA,

Still looking for my pictures of the steel down at the stadium. Guess that's not going to happen. If you want something done, you just have to go incognito. Are gloves in vogue down at the site, I can't get my ring off.

Here is a picture of a tag on one of the pieces of steel. This is the only markings i could see on any of the pieces. Every beam had its own tag. I left it large so you can make out the markings for whatever it is that you are looking for.

"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 2:48 PM

Bombers stadium project faces more delays

Article from the globe and mail talking about more issues with the new stadium in winnipeg.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2420143/

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 4:16 PM

First game will be Fri Sept 21 against Hamilton, or if the Stadium is Game Ready the first game will be Saskatchewan on Sept 9th.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...149833095.html

http://www.bluebombers.com/page/stadium-faq

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan