HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Feb 14, 2024, 2:43 PM

California developer seeks extension before construction on long-planned Phoenix project

The Omninet West development project in Phoenix (A 3-acre site located at the northwest corner of Central Avenue and Pierson Street — just south of the Camelback Road intersection), planned since 2015 for multifamily units and commercial space, may face a further two-year delay. The site's owner, Omninet Capital LLC, seeks an extension to start construction by the end of 2025 due to various delays, including design and infrastructure challenges, and the need for financing and city approvals. The project, emphasizing multifamily living with retail amenities, aims to utilize an infill site along a light rail corridor, despite past hurdles including materials shortages and increased interest rates affecting previous development efforts.

Link: https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...ltifamily.html

Last edited by phxjack; Feb 14, 2024 at 2:44 PM. Reason: image

Old Posted Feb 15, 2024, 5:29 AM
Skyriser

^ What a blast from the past. That was one of the first low-rises planned years ago and I can't believe it's still kicking. 2015 is pretty much when the boom started.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2024, 8:29 PM

New Tower Crane at City North for next Residential Phase (5-story wrapping 7-story garage).

Old Posted Feb 16, 2024, 8:50 PM

Also, elevation of the new Republic Services building at City North by Davis Architects.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2024, 1:34 AM
Skyriser

Very cool historic property renovation project in the near south side.

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...p-phoenix.html

Old Posted Feb 20, 2024, 11:31 PM

Uptown Zombie Projects Rise Again, Hit ‘Snooze’

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
^ What a blast from the past. That was one of the first low-rises planned years ago and I can't believe it's still kicking. 2015 is pretty much when the boom started.
Good article posted up on AZBEX, highlighting the history on this project. Man, looking back at this, the City should just cancel their damn extension request and put the project out of its misery. 5-stories at this highly-visible and popular intersection is pathetic.

https://azbex.com/planning-developme...in-hit-snooze/

Old Posted Feb 22, 2024, 4:59 PM

On a brighter note. There’s a tractor next to George and Dragons. Hopefully it’s the start of construction for that enormous lot!!!

Old Posted Feb 22, 2024, 8:15 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
On a brighter note. There’s a tractor next to George and Dragons. Hopefully it’s the start of construction for that enormous lot!!!
I haven't seen any new permits or plan reviews submitted. However, I'm not sure if any of these newer developments are using Phoenix's new permitting system. The new system doesn't have a records request feature yet, but I have been told they are working on it.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2024, 8:31 PM

While in the same vicinity, it looks like the multi-family project across the street (4321 N Central Ave) is moving forward and additional permits getting filed.

Anyone remember seeing renderings for this? I know the project changed from townhomes to apartments after neighborhood complaints.

Project 22-3219 : "Uptown/Parkvue Apartments"
Description: Multifamily apartment building with 236 units and an attached parking garage

Old Posted Feb 23, 2024, 1:37 AM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
While in the same vicinity, it looks like the multi-family project across the street (4321 N Central Ave) is moving forward and additional permits getting filed.

Anyone remember seeing renderings for this? I know the project changed from townhomes to apartments after neighborhood complaints.

Project 22-3219 : "Uptown/Parkvue Apartments"
Description: Multifamily apartment building with 236 units and an attached parking garage
Yea, I have them somewhere. I'll dig them up and post them.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2024, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
I haven't seen any new permits or plan reviews submitted. However, I'm not sure if any of these newer developments are using Phoenix's new permitting system. The new system doesn't have a records request feature yet, but I have been told they are working on it.
Confirmed dirt is being moved.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2024, 7:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyAZ View Post

Also, elevation of the new Republic Services building at City North by Davis Architects.
Is this what's going on the southwest corner of the property? Just noticed they've started moving dirt there the last few weeks.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2024, 7:47 PM

Mcdowell Hotel Starting?

Pro Fab has parked a single wide construction office in the parking lot of proposed McDowell Hotel on 12st

Old Posted Feb 29, 2024, 2:45 PM

I found the following rendering on AZ Central but when I clicked on the link, it didn't show the full-size rendering at all.

Took a closer look and is it the Seargean-Oldaker House and the announced rehab and development on the same lot? It does appear to be the house and a 6-story building surrounding it w/ AVE Sky in the background. Looks pretty impressive if it is. I'm going to see if I can find anything else or put in a request w/ the City.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.4567...8192?entry=ttu

Old Posted Feb 29, 2024, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
I found the following rendering on AZ Central but when I clicked on the link, it didn't show the full-size rendering at all.

Took a closer look and is it the Seargean-Oldaker House and the announced rehab and development on the same lot? It does appear to be the house and a 6-story building surrounding it w/ AVE Sky in the background. Looks pretty impressive if it is. I'm going to see if I can find anything else or put in a request w/ the City.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.4567...8192?entry=ttu

That it is! I attended the last DVC meeting where they presented it (sorry I forgot to take pics). It was more of an intro to the project than actually asking the org for anything yet. Some key notes about the Oldaker is they intend to move the house to the corner so they could activate more of the lot (it's currently right at the center). They estimate this will cost $1.2M. They got a grant from the state and the city iirc, totaling about $800k. They're calling this "affordable/workforce housing" but they're not going for official designation (with vouchers), they just mean at or below market-rate as much as possible. 2-level parking, entrance will be via the alleyway. The building will form an L surrounding the Oldaker which they are in chats with an out-of-state restaurant concept group already. They hope to break ground end of the year, early next year but again, timelines could change and they just wanted to present and let the community know what their intentions are... And that they might apply for a GPLET...

The other project they presented were condos/townhomes that are going to be for sale, again didn't get to snap some pics. That one is also exciting just having some inventory for sale downtown instead of straight up rentals.

Old Posted Feb 29, 2024, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halicem View Post
That it is! I attended the last DVC meeting where they presented it (sorry I forgot to take pics). It was more of an intro to the project than actually asking the org for anything yet. Some key notes about the Oldaker is they intend to move the house to the corner so they could activate more of the lot (it's currently right at the center). They estimate this will cost $1.2M. They got a grant from the state and the city iirc, totaling about $800k. They're calling this "affordable/workforce housing" but they're not going for official designation (with vouchers), they just mean at or below market-rate as much as possible. 2-level parking, entrance will be via the alleyway. The building will form an L surrounding the Oldaker which they are in chats with an out-of-state restaurant concept group already. They hope to break ground end of the year, early next year but again, timelines could change and they just wanted to present and let the community know what their intentions are... And that they might apply for a GPLET...

The other project they presented were condos/townhomes that are going to be for sale, again didn't get to snap some pics. That one is also exciting just having some inventory for sale downtown instead of straight up rentals.
Location of the condos?

Old Posted Feb 29, 2024, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Location of the condos?
It's 5th & McKinley. 2 4-story structures and I believe they're aiming for 1 unit per floor but I could be misremembering. Similar concept to Evans Point across Cobra Arcade except its modern

Old Posted Mar 1, 2024, 8:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halicem View Post
It's 5th & McKinley. 2 4-story structures and I believe they're aiming for 1 unit per floor but I could be misremembering. Similar concept to Evans Point across Cobra Arcade except its modern
Ahhh, the ones posted on the previous page.

These also constructed the verde park townhomes and if I’m remembering correctly, they sold each unit for relatively cheap.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2024, 8:11 PM

AZCentral finally wrote something up for the Milum property.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/mone...s/72811915007/

The council meeting with them a couple of weeks ago turned quite nasty. At this point the family is really going scorched earth on everyone it seems.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2024, 8:41 PM
Skyriser

I wouldn't shed a tear if these stupid people didn't get one thin dime off their property.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest