HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Aug 23, 2021, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhunkyPho View Post
I don't hate it.

On a side note, I have always wondered if there are intense discussions in the design studio about which apartments should have their lights on in these drawings. [/QUOTE]

I am kinda through with this area,,,it needs a 40- to 60 story..

Old Posted Aug 23, 2021, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
I don't hate it.

On a side note, I have always wondered if there are intense discussions in the design studio about which apartments should have their lights on in these drawings.
I am kinda through with this area,,,it needs a 40- to 60 story..[/QUOTE]

Why? If you wanna see tall buildings indiscriminately sprouting up all over a metro, just visit Houston, get your rocks off and return to the ATL. We'll leave the light on.

At least this building will not be stick-built, and will fill in one of the last remaining "holes" at Atlantic Station. I'll be glad when all the holes are developed regardless what gets built there.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2021, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post

Why? If you wanna see tall buildings indiscriminately sprouting up all over a metro...

Atlanta Station is hardly all over the metro since it is in the CBD and there are 4 (or 3 depending) high-rises and one skyscraper (#13 in ATL) already. And just across the Connector are 4 other top 20 skyscrapers which you can easy see in pic.

EDIT: Forgot The Icon Midtown (#16@515'). So there are actually 9 of the top 20 in Midtown counting The ViewPoint, Midtown One and AT&T Midtown. Downtown only has 8 of the top 20 and Buckhead has the other 3.

BUT I will believe it when I see it since it was proposed over 2 years ago (mini Opus #2). For now it is just a good place to dump BB&T signs.

Quote:
...fill in one of the last remaining "holes" at Atlantic Station. I'll be glad when all the holes are developed regardless what gets built there.
You mean with "junk" like this?

Last edited by Julien; Aug 25, 2021 at 11:04 AM.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2021, 3:03 PM

They installed computers/work stations a few months ago. Looks like by the time the perpetual construction is completed they will be outdated and need replacing.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2021, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
Atlanta Station is hardly all over the metro since it is in the CBD and there are 4 (or 3 depending) high-rises and one skyscraper (#13 in ATL) already. And just across the Connector are 4 other top 20 skyscrapers which you can easy see in pic.

EDIT: Forgot The Icon Midtown (#16@515'). So there are actually 9 of the top 20 in Midtown counting The ViewPoint, Midtown One and AT&T Midtown. Downtown only has 8 of the top 20 and Buckhead has the other 3.

BUT I will believe it when I see it since it was proposed over 2 years ago (mini Opus #2). For now it is just a good place to dump BB&T signs.

You mean with "junk" like this?

I was talking about Houston, Texas - NOT ATLANTA. If you're going to quote somebody, please use the entire quote and not cherry pick part of a sentence. It makes you look incompetent.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2022, 9:57 PM

Finally they removed the lane barriers. They still have to top off the lane to bring it up to street level but it looks soooooooo much better after this near forever construction. Now they can start on the punch work and that should only take 2 or 3 years.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2022, 11:13 PM

Quote:
I am kinda through with this area,,,it needs a 40- to 60 story..
Why? If you wanna see tall buildings indiscriminately sprouting up all over a metro, just visit Houston, get your rocks off and return to the ATL. We'll leave the light on.

At least this building will not be stick-built, and will fill in one of the last remaining "holes" at Atlantic Station. I'll be glad when all the holes are developed regardless what gets built there.[/QUOTE]

Amen - lol some people are so desperate for a tall building they wouldn't care if it was built out of Legos in the middle of i-20

Looks great, keep building on these empty lots babyyyyyy

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 2:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
Finally they removed the lane barriers. They still have to top off the lane to bring it up to street level but it looks soooooooo much better after this near forever construction. Now they can start on the punch work and that should only take 2 or 3 years.

Is it to much to ask for more greenery? So much concrete. I’d love to see some green street barriers.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 1:52 PM

^Those street trees should fill in over the next couple of years and help it to look a little greener. There are some plant boxes there too. I think it just looks so gray because it's winter. But in general, yes, more greenery please!

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 6:08 PM

Actually, that's as big as those trees will ever get. That end of 17th has always been pretty barren, because it's all elevated and can't hold large trees. It's a lot greener on the other end where the park is.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 6:18 PM

That’s not true…. They will at least double in size and be typical of other street trees in midtown. 5th street bridge has large trees.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
That’s not true…. They will at least double in size and be typical of other street trees in midtown. 5th street bridge has large trees.
They have been relatively the same size since I have lived here (2019). Here they are in summer time different years.

Bonus PIC: Here they are moved to Manhattan in Marvel's The Falcon and the Winter Solder.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 6:55 PM

Something like this in between the trees.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 9:01 PM

I think the trees in front of the building will grow a bit larger than the street trees. Atlantic Station overall is pretty green so yeah I would say it is too much to ask.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 10:26 PM

Bonus PIC: Here they are moved to Manhattan in Marvel's The Falcon and the Winter Solder.
[/QUOTE]

Why did they move trees all the way from Atlanta to New York? New York has trees. So dumb.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhunkyPho View Post

Why did they move trees all the way from Atlanta to New York? New York has trees. So dumb.
The Falcon and Winter Solder is a Marvel "movie" that was shot in part in Atlantic Station. The scene takes place in "Manhattan" and it is CGIed in. Here is my building 12 Midtown and how it looked in "Manhattan". Also you can clearly see the (mature) trees.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2022, 12:12 PM

[QUOTE=Julien;9524303]The Falcon and Winter Solder is a Marvel "movie" that was shot in part in Atlantic Station. The scene takes place in "Manhattan" and it is CGIed in. Here is my building 12 Midtown and how it looked in "Manhattan". Also you can clearly see the (mature) trees.

I was joking.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2022, 6:39 PM

Aerial views of Atlantic Yards

Old Posted Feb 28, 2022, 7:03 PM

Atlantic Station pic of the day.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2022, 2:48 AM

Still no Amli news?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta