HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 1:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
Somebody wants roundabouts at a lot of intersections
That would be me haha. I also made the suggestion to replace the Findlay Blvd interchange with an at grade intersection. This would help with pedestrian and bikes crossing here and it would open up a bunch of land for redevelopment right in the heart of the town.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 1:48 AM

I agree with the comment that the Sobeys parking lot is way too large. A lot of it is very seldom used. They could easily build a small strip of retail spaces without causing a parking problem.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 1:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
That would be me haha. I also made the suggestion to replace the Findlay Blvd interchange with an at grade intersection. This would help with pedestrian and bikes crossing here and it would open up a bunch of land for redevelopment right in the heart of the town.
Haha, I actually agree, a lot of these intersections aren’t crazy busy, and they would keep the flow of traffic moving.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 12:50 PM

According to the PAOL site, it looks like ICON paid $500,000 for the land for their new development. It had been for sale for a long time, and I think the asking price was much higher.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 2:25 PM

Quote:
Haha, I actually agree, a lot of these intersections aren’t crazy busy, and they would keep the flow of traffic moving.
Yeah it was more about traffic flow to me. They’re intersections on arterial or collector streets but don’t have super high traffic volumes.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 6:39 PM

Quote:
Somebody wants roundabouts at a lot of intersections
Great.... but no more multilane roundabouts. Those things are a nightmare of drivers cutting off other drivers. Turning left in a circle while trying to look over your right shoulder to merge back into a lane is just

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 8:19 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy321 View Post
The tower crane is being erected today
Tower crane is now fully erected.

You can actually see it from quite a distance. I noticed it on the horizon from Vaughan Harvey Blvd when driving southbound in front of the Sobeys store.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
Great.... but no more multilane roundabouts. Those things are a nightmare of drivers cutting off other drivers. Turning left in a circle while trying to look over your right shoulder to merge back into a lane is just
Does greater Moncton even have any multi lane roundabouts? They have 2 awful archaic traffic circles though.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 9:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Does greater Moncton even have any multi lane roundabouts? They have 2 awful archaic traffic circles though.
The traffic circles are multi lane, and, they are roundabouts of a kind.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Tower crane is now fully erected.

You can actually see it from quite a distance. I noticed it on the horizon from Vaughan Harvey Blvd when driving southbound in front of the Sobeys store.
Since the fence went up, I've driven by the site about 3-4 times. Each time by, I've seen noticeable progress. It's refreshing to see another well organized developer. So far it appears that ICON will be able to bring this project to market in a timely manner.

I'm just wondering if they'll be working on Infinity concurrently. Hopefully they will.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see them acquire more land in Findlay Estates for another Riverview project sometime down the line.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2024, 11:35 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Times & Transcript is reporting that this large apartment complex on Cleveland, in Findlay Park has been approved by Riverview town council:

Old Posted Jun 13, 2024, 12:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This land on the corner of Pine Glen & Gunningsville Blvd in Riverview has been sold.

Despite the commercial listing, the rumour is that more apartments are in the offing.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2024, 1:34 PM

Quote:
This land on the corner of Pine Glen & Gunningsville Blvd in Riverview has been sold.

Despite the commercial listing, the rumour is that more apartments are in the offing.
This is something new and not the lot where a recent large apartment proposal was recently approved by the town (that one is located behind the new Kent store). Along with the Icon development and existing apartment complexes, this area of Riverview is going to be a very dense with residents!

Old Posted Jun 13, 2024, 2:10 PM

It would be interesting to know who purchased this land. Could it be ICON? They're already invested in Riverview, so it wouldn't surprise me.

With all these new buildings/residents, it's only a matter of time before we see some more commercial/retail added to this area. There's a lot of raw land that's prime for development.

WalMart would make a killing here, but apparently that's not in the cards.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2024, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Times & Transcript is reporting that this large apartment complex on Cleveland, in Findlay Park has been approved by Riverview town council:

The huge amount of outdoor parking, reminds me of the Franklin yards. I feel like they could really cut costs by shrinking the amount of spots.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2024, 12:49 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Conceptual drawing of what the town of Riverview has in mind for the Cleveland/Gunningsville Blvd area in Findlay Park:

photo sent to me by a contact

Conceptual drawings are just that - conceptual. None of this is based in fact, but, this does give a clear idea of the intentions of the town for this area.

I find it intriguing that they seem willing to consider buildings up to 15 storeys in height!

Old Posted Jun 14, 2024, 12:59 PM

Quote:
The dog bone in Dieppe by the airport is pretty much an elongated multi-lane roundabout. I use it multiple times daily and get cut off probably 2-3 times a week on it by people using the right lane to turn left west onto Veterans highway. It's at the point now if there is somebody in the right lane beside me by default I just give them their space to go full Evel Knievel. It's all you can do really. Also drivers heading east from Harrisville will often just fly straight into it, even though there's a yield for traffic turning onto Veterans HWY. I would do a diagram but Google satellite imagery has not been updated in the 6 years it has been there lol.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2024, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbagger View Post
The dog bone in Dieppe by the airport is pretty much an elongated multi-lane roundabout. I use it multiple times daily and get cut off probably 2-3 times a week on it by people using the right lane to turn left west onto Veterans highway. It's at the point now if there is somebody in the right lane beside me by default I just give them their space to go full Evel Knievel. It's all you can do really. Also drivers heading east from Harrisville will often just fly straight into it, even though there's a yield for traffic turning onto Veterans HWY. I would do a diagram but Google satellite imagery has not been updated in the 6 years it has been there lol.
Add a transport truck into the mix and it gets really fun!

Old Posted Jun 14, 2024, 4:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbagger View Post
That’s right I did forget about these ones. I think that a roundabout can a good on a busy road only if the connecting road is NOT a busy round. Assumption & Foundry would be a good example of this if they were to build one there. Otherwise they’re useful for medium traffic situations. Riverview has a lot of those types of intersections, so I think there is good possibility for improvements in the town.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2024, 4:35 PM

I was talking to someone in planning the other day about some things in Riverview. I had asked him specifically about the realignment of the 114 with Bridgedale Blvd. He said with the Stoney creek washout a few years ago, and the anticipated increase in flooding events like this, any crossing of mill creek would now require a bridge. The town and province do not want to under-build the infrastructure, which does make a lot of sense. Due to this, any theoretical realignment would not happen for several years now. He also said the town already owning the ROW and eluded that they may just build it as initially planned if the need to build it comes up before the province would like.

I also asked about what would happen with the old highway ROW between Transaqua and point park when the new Tim Hortons/Shell is build. He indicated that the ROW behind the new development would go to Transaqua and the ROW on the other side of Hillsborough Road would likely be sold for development. This is really good for the connectivity of the area as you no longer would have this big highway right-of-way dividing the carriage hill and bridgedale areas.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces