HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 22, 2003, 12:10 PM

I'm not sure I get it right.
Will Nina Tower II be the hotel Le M廨idien ?

Old Posted Aug 22, 2003, 7:21 PM
I Am A Golden God

Woah that 'The Summit' building looks veeeery slender. I'm sure it's safe and everything with today's construction but still, I wouldn't be one to go on the top floor!

Old Posted Aug 22, 2003, 10:36 PM

i was talking about the one in cyberport

the hotel for Nina is still unknown

Old Posted Aug 22, 2003, 10:41 PM
Perfection

Anyone know the width of Highcliff and Summit? I want to try that angle view, thanks.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2003, 4:26 AM
Hong Kong

Airport Exhibition Centre

Public-private joint venture to develop airport exhibition centre

The Hong Kong SAR Government, the Airport Authority (AA) and the consortium led by Dragages et Travaux Publics (HK) Limited (Dragages) today (August 23) entered into a joint venture agreement for the design, construction and operation of a new International Exhibition Centre (IEC) at Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA).

The Financial Secretary, Mr Henry Tang, presided over the signing ceremony of the joint venture today. He said that the new exhibition centre represented a significant milestone for the continued growth of the exhibition industry in Hong Kong. It would complement Hong Kong's existing world-class facilities at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC) in Wan Chai.

"This IEC/HKCEC combination will ensure that Hong Kong remains competitive in capturing the growing exhibition market in the region, has sufficient quality facilities to stage a wide range of exhibitions, and is unrivalled in its ability to accommodate large events. It will definitely take our convention and exhibition business to a new level and consolidate our position as the convention and exhibition hub in the Asia-Pacific region.

"I believe that the IEC will bring significant economic benefits to Hong Kong. A vibrant convention and exhibition industry in Hong Kong will contribute to strengthening our position as a trade fair capital and help attract more overseas visitors," Mr Tang said.

The IEC, with a first phase of 66,000 square metres of exhibition space on one level, will have the largest column-free exhibition halls in Hong Kong. Soft opening of the IEC will take place by the end of 2005 while the phase 1 development will be completed for full operation in the first quarter of 2006. The IEC will be capable of further expansion to 100,000 square metres exhibition space in response to market demand.

According to the joint venture agreement, the Government and the consortium led by Dragages will fund the construction cost of the IEC, whilst the AA will contribute the land, in exchange for equity stakes in the joint venture. The construction cost of the first phase development is estimated to be about HK$ 2.3 billion. The partners of the consortium include Yu Ming Investments and the operating partner NEC, Birmingham of the United Kingdom.

It is expected that the IEC will create about 2,000 jobs during the construction stage. While in operation, the IEC will directly employ about 150 staff, and indirectly about 800 staff. Many more employment opportunities will also be created in support of the activities held at the new centre and through tourism.

The Director-General of Investment Promotion at Invest Hong Kong, Mr Mike Rowse, who led the Government team responsible for organising and evaluating the tender exercise, was delighted about the construction of the new exhibition centre. He said that Hong Kong clearly needed an additional facility to handle overflow from the HKCEC, and to accommodate events which may have particular floor loading and configuration requirements.

"Hong Kong is the premier location for international exhibitions in the region, Asia's world city and the best business location in the Asia-Pacific.

"The new IEC will enable Hong Kong to host a greater number and a wider range of exhibitions, reinforce Hong Kong's position as an international business centre and trade fair capital," Mr Rowse said.

Speaking after the signing ceremony, the Chief Executive Officer of the AA, Dr David J Pang said the IEC would be a key component of leveraging HKIA as the cornerstone of a multi-faceted and aviation-based business hub.

"The IEC would be able to take advantage of the fact that the airport has connections to more than 140 cities worldwide on some 75 airlines. In addition, Hong Kong allows visa-free entry from a majority of those connections, which is another tremendous plus for an exhibition centre that can offer maximum convenience and accessibility to its customers," he said.

The Managing Director of Dragages, Mr Luc Messier, said the consortium was delighted to have entered into the joint venture agreement with the Government and AA to develop the world-class exhibition facility.

"The large, open exhibition space on one floor at the IEC will make it a perfect venue for trade and public exhibitions of all types, from consumer trade fairs to industrial fairs, and will also attract large public shows and entertainment events, thanks to its multi-purpose hall which can accommodate up to 13,500 moveable seats," he said.

End/Saturday, August 23, 2003

Fact Sheet : http://www.hkairport.com/eng/aboutus..._factsheet.pdf

Renderings (Large zip file)
http://www.hkairport.com/eng/aboutus...wnload/iec.zip

Last edited by hkskyline; Aug 23, 2003 at 4:35 AM.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2003, 6:28 AM
Editor

赤柱2006年擬建成海濱長廊
8月 22日 星期于 15:30 更新

政府為推廣旅遊,擬於明年在赤柱大街海傍建造海濱長廊,預_p在2006年完成。

受影響的前濱及海床範圍約為1847北方米,受工程影響的範圍於今日刊憲的政府公告中_z明。任何人士如認為他擁有在該前濱及海床或其上的權益、權利或地役權,可於今年10月22日或以前,將反對書遞交北角政府合署20樓地政總署署長。

該公告及有關的圖則已張貼在施工地盤附近的告示板,圖則亦存放於渣華道333號北角政府合署23樓地政總署測繪處;_輕銗J海傍道3號逸港居地下南區民政事務處諮詢服務中心;以及赤柱黃麻角道14號一樓南區民政事務處赤柱分處供市民查閱。

Old Posted Aug 23, 2003, 7:20 AM
BANNED

what? ^^^ Oh well...

Old Posted Aug 24, 2003, 9:09 AM

the design of the new exhibition hall is really interesting, the petition can be set anywhere inside the hall. That mean the size of the hall can range from 5000 sq m up to 100000 sq m when fully expanded. 100000 sq m for a single hall is really impressive!

and all the hall is column-free also!!

Old Posted Aug 24, 2003, 12:27 PM
Asia's world city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazon
what? ^^^ Oh well...
here is the translation of winglun's post:
Boardwalk to be built in Stanley

The Government plans to build a boardwalk along the shoreline of Stanley Main Street under a tourist district enhancement programme.

The construction works, which will affect an area of about 1,847 square metres of foreshore and seabed, are slated to begin in mid-2004. The expected completion date is in 2006.

A notice describing the extent of the affected area was gazetted today.

The notice and its related plan is posted on notice boards near the site. The plan is also available for public inspection at:

* the Lands Department's Survey & Mapping Office, 23rd Floor, North Point Government Offices, 333 Java Road;

* the Southern District Office, Public Enquiry Service Centre, Ground Floor, Ocean Court, 3 Aberdeen Praya Road, Aberdeen; and

* the Stanley Sub-office, Southern District Office, 1st Floor, 14 Wong Ma Kok Road, Stanley.

Any persons claiming interests, rights or easements in or over the foreshore and seabed involved may submit written objections to the Director of Lands, 20th Floor, North Point Government Offices, on or before October 22, 2003.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2003, 7:10 AM
Unidentified

four season hotel and its cladding.

Hong Kong Disneyland --a hot bed of mice........

Old Posted Aug 25, 2003, 8:30 AM

the photo of Hong Kong Disneyland is not very clear...

Old Posted Aug 25, 2003, 6:58 PM

The cladding of the Four Seasons will probably match that of 1IFC.
They'll make a very elegant complex.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2003, 7:04 PM
Love Austin

I love Hong Kong!

Old Posted Aug 26, 2003, 3:53 PM

Hi, I'm new on this forum, but I've been bowersing this site for more than a year now.

Anyway my first post is: Has anyone brought the latest 'Over Hong Kong' book? It features a lot of bird view of the city. The one I have is now 4 years old. If no ones got it I recommend it.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2003, 4:27 PM
Asia's world city

Hello!

Old Posted Aug 27, 2003, 4:14 AM

Hkland skybridge retail update:
Alexandra house is currently under a refurbishment programme ...
the new prada 9300 store and YSL 3400 store will be located there ...

Hkland Central update:
Hongkong Land launched the Central Cityscape Pilot Scheme with an on-site tree planting ceremony, held outside Prince's Building, fronting Statue Square.

More Updates:
Shatin New Town Plaza Phase One facelift

Last edited by InitialD18; Aug 27, 2003 at 4:20 AM.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2003, 5:38 AM
Asia's world city

The musical fountain will be gone.....

Old Posted Aug 27, 2003, 9:41 AM
Unidentified

some updates..

Old Posted Aug 27, 2003, 1:52 PM

I see a tower crane where US7 is to be.....do my eyes decieve me or should I not jump to conclusions? (please be UC!!)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations