HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

1245 Harwood in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Vancouver Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Oct 11, 2018, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Intensification for who, millionaire part-time residents?

Yes it is a pretty building but it represents everything that has gone wrong with Vancouver over the last ten years.
I think Downtown Eastside represents everything that has gone wrong with Vancouver over the last fifty years.

With how this City and province are not capable of generating more foreign revenue to feed its base, it could be worse off if foreign money never reached here. Your rants on expensive homes and foreign buyers, including this one in the West End smells more like racism.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2018, 8:22 PM
retro_orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
You mean a bastardized version of a former heritage home. It didn't look good at all after all the extensions and was an insult to the original architecture. I rather see this nice building erected in its place. I do, however, agree with you that this city is horrible in protecting heritage buildings, and that all the 60s walkups should also be replaced.

lol, believe it or not, some of those 60's structures are good architecture.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2018, 9:26 PM

Quote:
I think Downtown Eastside represents everything that has gone wrong with Vancouver over the last fifty years.

With how this City and province are not capable of generating more foreign revenue to feed its base, it could be worse off if foreign money never reached here. Your rants on expensive homes and foreign buyers, including this one in the West End smells more like racism.
Yawn, and yours sound like apologism. Keep calm and go back to your bubble tea, pretty soon plastic straws will be banned and then what..?

Old Posted Oct 11, 2018, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro_orange View Post
lol, believe it or not, some of those 60's structures are good architecture.
I did say the "walk-ups", and not the Electric Building.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2018, 10:19 PM
retro_orange

Quote:
I did say the "walk-ups", and not the Electric Building.

Yes I have good reading comprehension. And yes, a number of the walk-ups are good architecture, sans elevator. I'm guessing you will now find a picture or two of the worst of the worst walk ups and imply they are all alike. Then rant on about uninformed fire safety in wood frame buildings. I swear you just copy and paste these rants and do minor changes.

Also the BC electric building was completed in 1958 and technically downtown.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2018, 1:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro_orange View Post
Yes I have good reading comprehension. And yes, a number of the walk-ups are good architecture, sans elevator. I'm guessing you will now find a picture or two of the worst of the worst walk ups and imply they are all alike. Then rant on about uninformed fire safety in wood frame buildings. I swear you just copy and paste these rants and do minor changes.

Also the BC electric building was completed in 1958 and technically downtown.
What are you talking about? Walkups from the 60s are brutal, but if you can show me otherwise, I will take back what I just said.

I dare say 95% of all deaths, asset damage, insurance premiums, spendings on fire emergency services due to BC's residential fires involve woodframe buildings. Prove me wrong.
BTW, why bring in the topic of woodframes and fire to a totally different topic? Understand it's your attempt to ridicule me, but stick to the topic will ya?

Last edited by Vin; Oct 12, 2018 at 1:18 AM.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 4:42 AM

The family will be holding back 5 strata lots; essentially, they will hold control of the strata as it accounts for 35% of the votes.

Disclosure statement says no rentals will be allowed; if someone proposes a change at the AGM, the family can essentially veto the vote or and proposed changes as two-thirds is required to pass.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Yawn, and yours sound like apologism. Keep calm and go back to your bubble tea, pretty soon plastic straws will be banned and then what..?
Grow up, and stick to topic, will ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1510 View Post
The family will be holding back 5 strata lots; essentially, they will hold control of the strata as it accounts for 35% of the votes.

Disclosure statement says no rentals will be allowed; if someone proposes a change at the AGM, the family can essentially veto the vote or and proposed changes as two-thirds is required to pass.

Quote:
Thanks Lu Family for destroying affordable rentals and a heritage home in your quest to build this bagatelle for offshore buyers. I hope the CRA scrutinizes all potential purchasers very carefully!
Re: "bagatelle for offshore buyers".
If that's the case wouldn't it be easier for the Lu family to just allow rental?

Last edited by Vin; Oct 16, 2018 at 7:16 PM.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Grow up, and still to topic, will ya?

Re: "bagatelle for offshore buyers".
If that's the case wouldn't it be easier for the Lu family to just allow rental?
I'm sure they have their best interests for the tower but their votes essentially allow them the right to say no to any proposed changes

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 4:21 AM

It's always funny to see Whatnext fuming about the Chinese as if they're the only thing standing between him and owning a house in the west side

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 4:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleung View Post
It's always funny to see Whatnext fuming about the Chinese as if they're the only thing standing between him and owning a house in the west side
Too late bro.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 6:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleung View Post
A local journalist very astutely summarized that there are two types of "affordability advocates": people who think the problem is that they were on the cusp of buying a house on the west side until the evil foreigners stole it out from under them, and people who think the problem is that we legally reserve the overwhelming bulk of the west side for people rich enough to afford a detached home.

Last edited by BodomReaper; Oct 22, 2018 at 3:35 AM.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodomReaper View Post
A local journalist very astutely summarized that there are two types of "affordability advocates": people who think the problem is that they were about to buy a house on the west side until the evil foreigners stole it out from under them, and people who think the problem is that we legally reserve the overwhelming bulk of the west side for people rich enough to afford a detached home.
And I'm sure if whatnext owns a Westside house, he would sell it to the highest foreign bidder without any qualms when he retires and decides to downsize to a penthouse somewhere awesome, like many of his predecessors. His own kid can then blame other groups of Chinese or coloured investors for not able to live in the neighbourhood they grow up in.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2019, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osirisboy View Post
So there are 8 rental units in the building. I wonder when they will rent them and for how much
Property ID: 4275
Rent: $6,995/mo
Availability: Immediately
Furnished: No
Bedroom: 2 Bedroom + Flex
Bathroom: 2.5 Bathroom
Size of Area: 2,200 sqft
Pet: pet friendly upon an approval
Parking: Yes 2
Storage Locker: Included
Utilities: Not Included
Lease Term: Minimum lease term 1 year required

https://www.zumper.com/apartment-bui...d-vancouver-bc

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 7:03 PM

$3.17 psf.

That's actually quite low on a PSF basis compared to most downtown properties, even larger spaces.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2020, 11:33 PM

Penthouse Entertainment space, note the large, curved glazing panels:

Owners combined top two floors (2 strata lots + roof deck) into one duplex and the two floors below (3 strata lots) into another another duplex. The lower duplex apartment has the entertainment space on the upper floor (upper setback of the tower) which were originally 2 separate strata lots on that floor. Every other unit below didn't end up selling and are rented/trying to get rented

Old Posted Jan 26, 2020, 12:26 AM

What's the link to the picture?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver