HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Feb 26, 2024, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Very interesting.

I will post the render later (currently at work).

A Timmies on Hillsborough Road would undoubtedly be popular, but it escapes me why they are still building service stations since it will be illegal to sell new ICE vehicles in only 11 years. They had better plan on having a large bank of chargers available for EVs. Riverview PAC and town council should actually make that inquiry.

As for the "third crossing", I believe the province made this ROW redundant the previous year. I think the idea of a bridge here has been canned. If they ever do build a third crossing, I think it will be further downstream in the vicinity of Dover Road or Melanson Road (Dieppe).
That is unfortunate as a link to that intersection in Dieppe/Moncton would be a perfect extension of Rte 15 to Riverview. My SimCity brain looks at that traffic circle as the real "Hub" of the Metro area, we're just missing the link to Riverview off of it.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2024, 4:10 PM

While I do support this Tim Hortons/Shell development, I don’t know why they wouldn’t consider the empty commercial zoned lots on the corner of Sawgrass or cobblestone.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2024, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
While I do support this Tim Hortons/Shell development, I don’t know why they wouldn’t consider the empty commercial zoned lots on the corner of Sawgrass or cobblestone.
Sooner or later that land will be get developed; it's just too good of a location to remain vacant. Especially since the population in this area continues to grow. MoeMar is now adding apartment buildings to their product line, and the traffic count continues to increase.

Meanwhile, a lot of the people travelling along Hillsborough Rd. will be glad to go through a Tim's drive-thru on their way by!

Old Posted Feb 26, 2024, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnaygull View Post
My SimCity brain looks at that traffic circle as the real "Hub" of the Metro area, we're just missing the link to Riverview off of it.
Off tangent but I played this game back in '16, dropped it, picked it up again in '20 during the lockdown, dropped it, and I'm currently playing it again

Old Posted Feb 26, 2024, 4:52 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by new kid in town View Post
Off tangent but I played this game back in '16, dropped it, picked it up again in '20 during the lockdown, dropped it, and I'm currently playing it again
A large percentage of SSPers are former SimCity addicts. I certainly am.

I unfortunately lost all my files about a dozen years ago when my old computer expired and I never had the heart to start over. The game was heavily modded and had a whack of custom buildings that I had downloaded.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2024, 5:00 PM

Pick up Cities: Skylines on Steam. The original is still pretty good, and likely cheap on Steam. Very flexible version of "SimCity".

Old Posted Feb 26, 2024, 5:29 PM

There's also a mobile version of SimCity Buildit that's easier to engage with although the in-app purchases has been quite annoying

Old Posted Feb 26, 2024, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
My guess is for morning traffic coming into Moncton. Easier to turn right than crossing Hillsborough Rd. in and out.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2024, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new kid in town View Post
wow it's been a LONG time since i've played that. cool!

Old Posted Feb 26, 2024, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
My guess is for morning traffic coming into Moncton. Easier to turn right than crossing Hillsborough Rd. in and out.
Exactly. It does make a difference. Another good thing about this location is that it'll capture all the traffic from Point Park plus the sub division across from it that's been expanding for 20+ years. And it will only get busier as residential growth in this area continues.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2024, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
Exactly. It does make a difference. Another good thing about this location is that it'll capture all the traffic from Point Park plus the sub division across from it that's been expanding for 20+ years. And it will only get busier as residential growth in this area continues.
What I have noticed lately though is some in Carriage Hill are going south on Runnymead, across Bridgedale and down Gunningsville. There are avoiding Hillsborough Rd. traffic altogether.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2024, 7:56 PM

Quote:
What I have noticed lately though is some in Carriage Hill are going south on Runnymead, across Bridgedale and down Gunningsville. There are avoiding Hillsborough Rd. traffic altogether.
I know that a few years ago that there was a plan to divert traffic coming from Hillsborough onto Bridgedale which will eventually be extended to meet up near the old garden center and the ball field. It would make more sense to put this Tim's and Shell on Bridgedale somewhere if traffic will eventually be moved, at least if I was starting that type of business I would consider future changes in traffic patterns, especially if some people are already starting to use that the new street.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2024, 7:57 PM

Quote:
It won't be long before you see a similar development (gas station + java) in that area once the new Community Centre is built and more apartment buildings sprout up.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2024, 8:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Very interesting.

I will post the render later (currently at work).

A Timmies on Hillsborough Road would undoubtedly be popular, but it escapes me why they are still building service stations since it will be illegal to sell new ICE vehicles in only 11 years. They had better plan on having a large bank of chargers available for EVs. Riverview PAC and town council should actually make that inquiry.
Well, it looks like I won't be posting any renderings. The town of Riverview has taken down the document containing the rendering from it's website.

I wonder if they are fearing NIMBY backlash........

Old Posted Feb 26, 2024, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Well, it looks like I won't be posting any renderings. The town of Riverview has taken down the document containing the rendering from it's website.

I wonder if they are fearing NIMBY backlash........
Probably reuploaded to another link:

https://townofriverview-pub.escribem...cumentId=19369

https://townofriverview-pub.escribem...cumentId=19368

Old Posted Feb 26, 2024, 9:43 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The plaza shows three CRUs, one for Tim Hortons, one for the Shell convenience store and a third CRU of 2632 sq ft for another business.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2024, 1:10 AM

I hadn't noticed that 3rd CRU when I first looked at the render. I know CoreyCraig has used the gas-Tim's-convenience store model elsewhere, but this plan would have room for an additional business.

I'm not sure what type of retail establishment would work well with the others, maybe we could see some kind of service business?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2024, 5:17 PM

Quote:
They also have a property for sale along the corridor of the unfinished portion of Bridgedale Blvd in Riverview. The northern part of this property would be a good location for a future school in the area. My mom did a couple grades of school at the old Bridgedale Community Centre, so there is a precedent here.https://www.cbre.ca/properties/comme...tting%2CisSale
I made a post about Thrive in the Moncton Northwest Thread and made a comment about the lands they have for sale in Riverview, so figured I'd repost that over here to continue the conversation.

In the above picture you can see the lands they have for sale.

If you took into account the Bridgedale Community Centre and ball field, I think there is enough land here for a school. You could even have a new community use space located in it to replace the existing community centre or just remove it all together and have the community space added to the new recreation complex being built nearby.

My idea for a layout would have two entrances like most of the new schools built nowadays. The building would be built roughly where the existing ball field is located. The main entrance and staff parking lot would be located where the community centre is. You could extendHiltz Ave to the Bridgedale extension and have the main bus entrance be located here. You could extend Pinegrove Ave and have it turn to the west to connect with Venetian Dr to improve the access to the area. You could have a potential community centre entrance and parking area located off this road extension as well, but I prefer to have the extra space as a buffer. The sports fields would be located along the south and west portions of the lot.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2024, 5:31 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Regarding the need for a new school in Riverview, I wonder what the demand would be for a francophone school in the town?

Both Shediac and Dieppe are getting new anglophone k-12 schools in the next 3-5 years. These are both francophone majority communities with anglophone minorities. Riverview is the reverse.

Is there a need for a francophone school in Riverview???

Old Posted Mar 6, 2024, 8:03 PM

Quote:

Regarding the need for a new school in Riverview, I wonder what the demand would be for a francophone school in the town?

Both Shediac and Dieppe are getting new anglophone k-12 schools in the next 3-5 years. These are both francophone majority communities with anglophone minorities. Riverview is the reverse.

Is there a need for a francophone school in Riverview???
Didn’t the francophone school district request one? As for east Riverview, I believe there will eventually be enough demand for a middle school as well as a second k-5 school.
You could build a middle school between Runnymeade and the Air Traffic Control center. With the new shell/tims taking up the future highway ROW along Coverdale, you could make the agreement that the entire ROW won’t be needed either, so some of that could be utilized for the school.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces