HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 7, 2021, 12:55 PM

Thank you for posting the renderings of the Reston Town Center development. I posted some photos of this building in the Tysons thread this past summer.

Here is a small infill development near the Potomac Ave metro station. I looked at Google streetview and this is currently a two-story commercial building.

"Permit issued Friday to convert 1335 Pennsylvania Ave. SE, a block from the Potomac Ave. Metro, into an 11-unit apartment house with two-story plus penthouse addition. 9,630sf total."

https://twitter.com/WBJNeibs/status/...698490371?s=20

In other Potomac Ave news, the Harris Teeter at Jenkins Row will be closing.

https://www.popville.com/2021/12/har...ter-hill-east/

Old Posted Dec 7, 2021, 3:28 PM

24 Units Proposed For a Langdon Triangle

December 7, 2021
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

View of the proposed development, from 20th Street. (Image courtesy of Urban Turf)

"Langdon may be the next DC neighborhood in line for a residential development on a triangular plot.

A developer has filed a zoning application to construct a three-story, 24-unit building on the grassy, triangular lot at 2425 20th Street NE (map). The units in the proposed walk-up building would be primarily one- and two-bedrooms..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...triangle/19027

Old Posted Dec 13, 2021, 8:01 PM

Waterfront Station Phase in Southwest DC Finally Officially Breaks Ground

December 13, 2021
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

Rendering of the development, looking down 4th Street. (Image courtesy of Urban Turf)

"Nearly six years after DC selected a development team for the city-owned space at 1000 4th Street SW, Waterfront Station II is officially breaking ground.

Today, Hoffman & Associates announced groundbreaking for the 12-story, 449-unit development that will include a black box theater, space for AppleTree Public Charter School, a restaurant by Good Company Doughnuts, and another 7,000 square feet of retail. About 136 of the units will be affordable, split between households earning up to 30% and 50% of area median income..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...eaks-gro/19050

Old Posted Dec 16, 2021, 1:28 AM

City Ridge, the remake of Fannie Mae's HQ in D.C., is coming together. Join us on a tour.

By Tristan Navera
Washington Business Journal
December 15, 2021

"Fannie Mae's old headquarters is getting ready to spring back to life with a new neighborhood rising around it.

Roadside Development and North America Sekisui House are rounding home plate on the City Ridge development, which is transforming 3900 Wisconsin Ave. NW into a modern office property surrounded by nearly 1.1 million square feet of other development, including 690 residential units, 159,000 square feet of retail anchored by D.C’s first Wegmans grocery store..."

https://www.bizjournals.com/washingt...nt-update.html

Old Posted Dec 16, 2021, 1:55 AM
just a pool of mushy goo

^690 units seems kinda low. Looks nice though. I dig that hut in the playground.

Trumpism is the road to ruin

Old Posted Dec 21, 2021, 10:51 PM
Me?!?

DC is snagging workers from nearby cities, a new report shows
https://technical.ly/dc/2021/12/20/m...nearby-cities/

Old Posted Dec 23, 2021, 1:46 AM

This will be a great improvement for the South Capitol Street corridor. There is a lot of loitering outside of the liquor store now and there was a shooting outside of it a few years ago: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.2782dc835474.

49-Unit Project Proposed to Replace Liquor Store Across From Nats Park

December 22, 2021
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

Image courtesy of Urban Turf.

"The family who has owned the Cap Liquor store across from Nationals Park for more than two decades is looking to add more housing to the South Capitol Street corridor.

A zoning application has been filed to replace the building and parking lot with a 10-story, 49-unit development with 3,500 square feet of ground-floor retail and 4,560 square feet of second-floor office space. The development will also incorporate the façade of the rowhouse at 1307 South Capitol Street SW."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...ats-park/19086

Old Posted Dec 23, 2021, 3:11 AM
just a pool of mushy goo

^ That base is pretty weird

Old Posted Dec 27, 2021, 2:02 AM

I was visiting DC today and was again blown away by the amount of development happening. I wanted to get more photos but wasn't able to. But I did get a few, although they aren't the greatest.

First three are from a large development right next to the Nationals stadium. Not sure what this one is going to look like, but it was nice to see the cranes.

Last photo is near Union Market. Lots of other development that I wasn't able to get pictures of!

Old Posted Dec 27, 2021, 5:24 PM

SouthCentralPa:

Thank you for posting the photos. The development in the Capitol Riverfront/Navy Yard, across the street from Nats Park is the Parcel H development, which will have 500 residential units. Here is information from Urban Turf.

A More Detailed Look at Parcel H, the 500-Unit Development Coming to The Yards

Newer rendering of proposed development, looking northwest. (Image courtesy of Urban Turf)

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...he-yards/18011

Old Posted Dec 27, 2021, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202_Cyclist View Post
SouthCentralPa:

Thank you for posting the photos. The development in the Capitol Riverfront/Navy Yard, across the street from Nats Park is the Parcel H development, which will have 500 residential units.
Wow, thanks for sharing!

Old Posted Dec 28, 2021, 9:07 PM

According to SWill, construction is beginning for the residential development at 1319 South Capitol Street, SW.

Here is a rendering of the development, courtesy of Urban Turf.

SWill
@SWTLQTC
"Demolition underway of row house at 1317 South Capitol Street to make way for apartment development at 1319 South Capitol. The other row houses will remain as part of the new development. One other row house on N St will be demolished next to the alley."

Old Posted Dec 28, 2021, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideHBG View Post
DC is snagging workers from nearby cities, a new report shows
https://technical.ly/dc/2021/12/20/m...nearby-cities/
DC has always stolen workers from nearby cities. Stole me from Philadelphia 15 years ago. Better pay and better opportunities for me in DC (although I was shocked by how much more expensive it was to rent an apt when I moved here).

Old Posted Dec 29, 2021, 12:13 AM
Me?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlg569 View Post
DC has always stolen workers from nearby cities. Stole me from Philadelphia 15 years ago. Better pay and better opportunities for me in DC (although I was shocked by how much more expensive it was to rent an apt when I moved here).
I can relate, many years ago I almost moved to DC before deciding on Philly and I think about moving there often, was very close to moving there earlier this year. But yes the housing costs are a factor (although Philly is nowhere near the bargain that it once was and costs are increasing quickly).

Old Posted Dec 29, 2021, 3:27 AM

SouthCentralPa and 202_Cyclist:

What's going up now is Parcel I, right east of Parcel H. Both lots are blocked off for the construction. Parcel H will probably be next very soon.

Parcel I:

https://www.jdland.com/dc/yards-parceli.cfm

Last edited by DCDevelopmentAddict; Jan 2, 2022 at 3:12 AM.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2021, 2:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDevelopmentAddict View Post
SouthCentralPa and 202_Cyclist:

What's going up now is Parcel I, right east of Parcel H. Both lots are blocked off for the construction. Parcel H will probably be next very soon.
Thanks for the clarification!

Old Posted Jan 3, 2022, 4:46 PM

Southwest

Fewer Units, More Quality of Life? The New Plans for DC’s Cotton Annex Conversion

January 3, 2022
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

"A year after a zoning application was filed to convert the Cotton Annex in Southwest DC into a residential development, the developer is looking to make some tweaks.

Douglas Development has applied for a modification to last spring's zoning approval in order to adapt and construct an addition to the historic building at 300 12th Street SW (map), seeking to deliver 564 residential units rather than 610 units. According to the application, the reduction in units would ensure that units do not have an awkward configuration..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...-convers/19095

Old Posted Jan 5, 2022, 3:02 PM

The New Look and Plans for Shaw’s Parcel 42

January 5, 2022
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

"The plans for Shaw's Parcel 42 have come into focus after the site lay dormant for years.

Dantes Partners will construct a 10-story building with 110 apartments above retail on the 15,317 square-foot, city-owned site at 1707 7th Street NW. Of the apartments, 108 will be affordable to households earning up to 30%, 50%, and 80% of area median income, and 77 will be one-bedrooms. The plans were shared at the ANC 6E meeting on Tuesday. In late December, the Washington Business Journal reported that building permits had been filed for the site..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...arcel-42/19109

Old Posted Jan 5, 2022, 3:48 PM
just a pool of mushy goo

^Love it

Old Posted Jan 6, 2022, 2:10 AM

Very interesting! I like the curves and the setbacks. Cladding is just okay, in my opinion.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations