HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jul 23, 2024, 4:52 PM
Member since 2001

I really don't care about who is starting the grassroots organization of bringing MLB to the Austin metro. Nothing will happen without the Ryan's being involved.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2024, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBoot View Post
I really don't care about who is starting the grassroots organization of bringing MLB to the Austin metro. Nothing will happen without the Ryan's being involved.
From the ABJ article linked up thread.

'We would want to be a part of it'

Should Austin officially be a part of the expansion conversation, one of the power brokers that would have a seat at the table is Reid Ryan, CEO of the Triple-A Round Rock Express and Ryan Sports & Entertainment.

He's the son of MLB legend Nolan Ryan, who lives in Williamson County, and part of a family that has been involved in baseball since 1965, whether it's playing, front office work at the major league level, owning the Express and Double-A San Antonio Missions and sitting on various boards that communicate directly with the commissioner's office. Ryan confirmed they own territorial rights for professional baseball in Central Texas.

"If baseball was to expand and they were wanting to come to Central Texas, without a doubt we would want to be a part of it," Ryan said.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2024, 2:25 PM

Some recent posts on this thread have been deleted? What for?

Old Posted Aug 1, 2024, 4:43 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Well if an MLB stadium is built that far north, I probably won't attend games. I have yet to attend any Austin FC games. It's simply too inconvenient for me to travel to the Domain which I at most go to once or twice a year. Maybe if we had a better rail system (as in rail south of the river connected to the red line) but that is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

I personally pay attention to who is behind such proposals as well, and I don't think I will be supporting this venture even if it was closer to the central core. Simply my two cents on the matter.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin