HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 3:11 AM
BANNED

The guys on the TSN hockey panel said that Phoenix has a week to shit or get off the pot during an intermission on tonights game.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 9:34 AM
BANNED

they are working on a new deal which will limit the cities liability just enough for Goldwater to not matter anymore.

"We believe Goldwater has become irrelevant to the process. We do not expect Goldwater to change its position. We will have to move on without them," Bill Daly.

It's basically over. And Atlanta is a larger TV market so don't hold your breathe on that one either.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 2:14 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayward_prince View Post
they are working on a new deal which will limit the cities liability just enough for Goldwater to not matter anymore.

"We believe Goldwater has become irrelevant to the process. We do not expect Goldwater to change its position. We will have to move on without them," Bill Daly.

It's basically over. And Atlanta is a larger TV market so don't hold your breathe on that one either.
You give up so easy. I don't think you have any idea of what is really going on behind the scenes.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 4:00 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy View Post
You give up so easy. I don't think you have any idea of what is really going on behind the scenes.

I don’t mean to give up, but this is exhausting. I think Bettman said it best when he told us not to get our hopes up. At least he says something, True North just seems to stay quiet and enjoy the publicity and ticket sales they get off of this for the Moose. When you call for tickets they give the whole sales ploy of you better get next years season tickets and ‘if’ the NHL comes you get first crack at them too. It’s all marketing I think at this point. The WHA was a better league than the AHL. Supporting a farm team sucks, once a player gets good he’s gone. It wasn’t like that in the WHA. If we can’t get into the NHL they need to start a new professional league to challenge the NHL. No more supporting a farm team for me.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 5:20 PM

Quote:
I don’t mean to give up, but this is exhausting. I think Bettman said it best when he told us not to get our hopes up. At least he says something, True North just seems to stay quiet and enjoy the publicity and ticket sales they get off of this for the Moose. When you call for tickets they give the whole sales ploy of you better get next years season tickets and ‘if’ the NHL comes you get first crack at them too. It’s all marketing I think at this point. The WHA was a better league than the AHL. Supporting a farm team sucks, once a player gets good he’s gone. It wasn’t like that in the WHA. If we can’t get into the NHL they need to start a new professional league to challenge the NHL. No more supporting a farm team for me.
This is you venting your frustrations.

Realize, and I hate to say it, but realize its all about business at the end of the day. For their own reasons, TNSE has come to the conclusion that NHL in Winnipeg might be a good business for them to invest in. At least be grateful for that... They could just as well continue chugging along their AHL team which, as stated by the President of AHL, is "one of the two most important franchises to this league". Bettman could easily shrug Winnipeg off like he does so often to Hamilton but instead thanks them publicly when he didn't even need to.

They (TNSE) are not speaking out, because it is unprofessional to do so. That is a complete mischaracterization on your part, I must profess. What do you really expect them to say?

Please, finish venting your frustrations, then come back to real life. Sorry for spittin it harshly to you, but I feel like you need to hear it straight. And you need a beer.

Quote:

Sorry - I gotta disagree w ya there

if anything, this news bodes better for getting an NHL franchise back.

Phoenix was never the original option. Those "in the know" repeat, constantly, since last year, "it was never about Phoenix."

Atlanta is far easier to obtain for TNSE than Phoenix for a myriad of reasons, notwithstanding they were discussing their interests with ASG long before the Coyotes were thrust into bankruptcy. I don't even want to bring up the court documents ASG filed last fall, because there is no point other than it highlights well into detail just how bad the ASG situation is. Atlanta is probably in worse shape than Phoenix, has been in limbo much longer, its just that the media is too distracted with the Phoenix situation. If anything, you should learn how you might be letting your heart strings be played by all this media mumbo-jumbo.

Consider ASG's current silence relative to just a few months ago. These guys lie outright (how many years were they telling fans all is good? Only to be hit with the megaton they have been trying to offload the team since 2005???!!!)

Just...chill out man lol. All will come together.

edit: bear in mind, this is all if Phx doesn't go through...NHL needs a backup plan...

Last edited by roccerfeller; Apr 27, 2011 at 5:38 PM.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 5:31 PM

repost delete

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 5:37 PM
BANNED

pouring a beer.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 5:52 PM

Quote:
pouring a beer.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 5:54 PM
Transit Nerd

Is it true they're closing off Portage and Main friday for an NHL announcement?

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 6:07 PM
Dynamic Positivity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorand93 View Post
It might be true.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 6:32 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Almost certainly not true. At least, no one who follows this stuff has been able to find a single shred of evidence for it, beyond "some guy my dad knows said...". You'd think *someone* in the media would have dug *something* up by now - the Police at the very least would know about it.

But anything's possible.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 7:04 PM
BANNED

Mayor Katz says Coyotes are NOT coming to Winnipeg.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2011/04/2...ng-to-peg-katz

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 7:51 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

He "believes" that the Coyotes are not coming back to Winnipeg. That doesn't mean they WILL NOT be coming back to the city, nor the NHL will not be coming.

Typical Sun Media omitting a key word in their headline.

Frankly, I don't care what NHL franchise will come here.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 8:03 PM

Quote:
According to Sam Katz, not true

I personally dont think so

It might be related to something else other than NHL, if it happens.

Negotiations are still ongoing with TNSE re: Atl and Phx. Too soon for something to happen.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 8:27 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Katz's comments bring up something that I'm hearing for the first time - supposed "commitments" that could easily result in legal action if the NHL moves the team. Unless I'm having a blonde moment, I'm not aware of anything that would actively prevent the team from moving.

roccerfeller, you follow the ridiculous level of detail on hfboards as well; can you think of what the heck he's talking about? Is this just stuff related to the bankruptcy?

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 8:28 PM
Closed account

Katz, IMO, knows nothing about what is really going on with TNSE. The only reason why he is so vocal about this is because he spends lots of time in Phoenix. It's his second home. IMO, once most of his working career up here is done, he will bolt for Phoenix so he can live the fat cat life in the desert. And because of this, he wants hockey to remain there. IMO, it's "brain dead simple" why Katz is a booster for the Phoenix Coyotes.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 8:49 PM
BANNED

fine, bring the Thrashers, but change the name. Thrashers are the state bird of Georgia. The Jets are dead. Make it the Falcons like I’ve been saying lol....btw ....did anyone see that picture of Katz in the Sun article today? Does the man not have money for a dentist? Good Grief!

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 10:42 PM

Freakin' Goldwater, get out of the way! Hulsizer has some taxpayers to pillage, while Byfuglien, Kane and Bogosian leave the red clay for Red River gumbo!

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 11:13 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
Freakin' Goldwater, get out of the way! Hulsizer has some taxpayers to pillage, while Byfuglien, Kane and Bogosian leave the red clay for Red River gumbo!
LOL...I wonder if Hulsizer is related to the Aspers? Just a question..that's all.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2011, 2:37 AM
Home of Hyperchange

Latest rumour: Thrashers coming to Winnipeg for sure. Announcement on Friday.

Let's just say I'm not putting any money on this one, quite yet. But it certainly is a fun prospect to think the long wait might finally be over.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan