HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Dec 12, 2012, 8:40 PM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Micron to seek master plan approval for 780 acres

via The Enterprise Newspaper

^^^
More on that in the Daily Herald:

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loca...e75928a6d.html

Quote:
Micron is set on creating its own business microtopia to complement the growing trend of what is becoming a central convergence of high-tech businesses in north Lehi.

The master-planned community site is 844 acres west of the semiconductor manufacturer's campus and is designed to attract businesses that support and are based in the latest technology providing for 20,000 to 24,000 employees and 3,000 residents...

Old Posted Dec 13, 2012, 2:32 AM
The Drifter

5 million square feet office space

235.8 acres office space

And that is the reason why Provo doesn't grow upwards. Driving up and down I-15 you see plenty of office parks with 3-5 story buildings throughout Utah County. I think its more prevalent in Utah County then in Salt Lake County with random office parks along the freeway.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2012, 1:34 PM

Utah Valley still had plenty of cheaper empty land available next to the I-15 path. Almost all of I-15 in Utah Valley cuts through former farm fields, not old growth neighborhoods, which I think is a big plus.

Provo/Orem will be just fine and continue to serve as a hub for Central and Southern Utah Valley. As has been mentioned often, Provo's significance will continue to build as the Southern end of the Valley continues it's rapid growth. Just these past five years have seen significant changes in Central and Southern Provo's housing density and the two University's redevelopment and expansion. UVU can't build fast enough, and that will continue. The Provo airport is now firmly entrenched as a necessary business tool. I think we'll see another airline soon, along with continued major expansion there. I also think we're going to see a lot of new business and housing expansion in Downtown Provo over the next ten years.

It's only a natural geographical outcome that Lehi becomes a hub for Northern Utah Co., and So. Salt Lake Co. I grew up in the Alpine/Highland neighborhood. It's an incredibly beautiful panorama of mountain scenery, and now it's so conveniently located.

One of the many things I admire about Lehi, is that it still has a very large historical core. It's intact historic neighborhoods cover a much larger area than Murray, Midvale or anything in Salt Lake Valley, with of course the exception of Salt Lake City itself. Old Main needs some tender loving care, but it would seem like the city has turned the corner on Main and is dedicated to the preservation and continued restoration of it's core.

With the high tech, relatively upper income masses moving in droves to Northern Utah Valley, we're going to see a lot of impressive additions to that immediate area in the next ten years.

Downtown Salt Lake City only needs to continue to push it's uniqueness in order to continue it's growth over the next few decades. Offerings like CCC and the Mega-Theater, etc. etc. are a must, in order to attract the General Metro or the well-heeled of the Metro's Silicon Slopes to Downtown.

I appreciate the competitive desire of each metro city to embellish and add to it's own portfolio. However, developments like the Aquarium really bother me. I don't even like to think about it too much, or I get overly pissed. Downtown would have been an ideal location. Even Thanksgiving Point would have been infinitely better than where it's currently being built. They should have waited just a little longer, until the right donor could pay for the additional land costs of a better location. Ugh!

Last edited by delts145; Dec 13, 2012 at 2:19 PM.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2012, 4:10 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Yes I realize this is the Utah Valley Thread but someone broached the idea of the Aquarium, so I'm venting.

Moved to SL MSA Thread.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2012, 6:13 PM

Can someone give us a photo update of the massive new NSA center on the other side of the river by Camp Williams?

Old Posted Dec 13, 2012, 6:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Can someone give us a photo update of the massive new NSA center on the other side of the river by Camp Williams?
I would, but I'm too afraid.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2012, 3:56 PM

Anyone have some updated info. on the Midtown Village mess in Orem? This article dated Feb. 01, 2012 was the latest I could find.

Deseret News file photo

Midtown Village lawsuits settled; banks write off balance

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loca...f72a9a9c2.html

February 01, 2012 12:15 am • Genelle Pugmire - Daily Herald

..."All lawsuits are settled," Roberts said. "We did our very best to clean this up. We're thrilled for the citizens of Orem."

Orem city spokeswoman Charlene Mackay reported that this week the city received the 2011 annual assessment payment for Midtown in the amount of $421,923 for the city's bond on the development's parking garage.

"This payment brings them current until their next assessment payment, which is due June 1," Mackay said.

Rob Moore, representing Big D Construction, said, "Only good things can happen from here on out. The new ownership will be announcing their plans within the next month."...

Old Posted Dec 24, 2012, 6:05 PM

Downtown Pleasant Grove

http://www.movoto.com/ut/4088-w-6800...11_1084741.htm

movoto.com

Want to run a Home-Based Business? Or subsidize your mortgage with fully rentable commercial space under yoru townhome? Urban style has come to Pleasant Grove. Think the Riverwoods, but with larger floorplans and the owner of the townhome owns the commercial space in a very lucrative segment of the marketplace. Square footage figures are provided as a courtesy estimate only and was obtained from Projected Building Plans. Buyer is advised to obtain an independent measurement. Owner is a licensed realtor in Utah.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2012, 12:50 PM

Urban Style Apartment complex, 7-eleven coming to Orem Center St.

"It is a contemporary look that we think will be attractive to residents."

According to Paul, one of the unique aspects of Centennial Plaza is the interior streets and parking stalls that will not be seen by the public. The apartments will front the streets with landscaping and foliage.

December 25, 2012 12:40 am • Genelle Pugmire - Daily Herald

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loca...9a81db3ea.html

OREM -- The Orem City Council has approved a zone change that will allow for a new housing development and adjacent 7-Eleven gas station and convenience store on the northeast corner of Center Street and Orem Boulevard.

Known as Centennial Plaza, the development is three buildings with a total of 110 apartments with one and two bedrooms. According to Adam Paul with Strategic Multi-family Management Partners, a part of Strategic Capital Group, the next step is to get with the planning commission and get final approvals on the site plans...

..."We are hoping to start by March," Paul said. "It will be a combination of standard and executive suites. Two-bedroom, one-bath apartments will rent for approximately $1,000 a month. We will also feature ground-level apartments."...

...The idea from both developer and the city is to have a walkable community for those living in the complex. With Target across the street, UTA access and shops surrounding the area, the idea would be to have a more "downtown feel."

During a recent administrative retreat, city leaders discussed future potential for developing that area around the city center to bring a more modern urban environment for a sort of downtown around State and Center streets.

"The direction the city wants is more people on State or closer. This gets them around the corner," Paul said...

Old Posted Dec 26, 2012, 1:29 PM

Center Pointe Plaza
1550 SOUTH SANDHILL RD., OREM, UT 84058

Total Space Available:137,900 SF, Rental Rate:$16.50 /SF/YearMin. Divisible:5,000 SFMax. Contiguous:137,900 SF Property Type:Office Property Sub-type:Office Building, Size:137,900 SF, Lot Size:5.83 AC

Description
AVAILABLE FALL 2013.5 STORY CLASS A OFFICE SPACE BUILT-TO-SUIT. LOCATED NEAR UTAH VALLEY UNIVERSITY AT THE UNIVERSITY PARKWAY INTERCHANGE. FANTASTIC FREEWAY VISIBILITY OVER 110,000 ADT. EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FOR NAME RECOGNITION WITH CROWN SIGNAGENOW PRE-LEASING

Last edited by delts145; Dec 26, 2012 at 1:56 PM.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2012, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Urban Style Apartment complex, 7-eleven coming to Orem Center St.

Quote:
With Target across the street, UTA access and shops surrounding the area, the idea would be to have a more "downtown feel."
Nothing says downtown like a Super Target.

It does sound like a decent development though. I always figured the best place for Orem's downtown, should they ever choose to care about one, would be the Center Street/State Street area.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Dec 26, 2012, 9:05 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
Nothing says downtown like a Super Target.

It does sound like a decent development though. I always figured the best place for Orem's downtown, should they ever choose to care about one, would be the Center Street/State Street area.
Is that near where midtown village is?
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
Is that near where midtown village is?
Its about four blocks away. Midtown Village is about 350 South between State St. and Orem Boulevard.

I really wish a developer would step in and finish off Midtown Village. It is such an eyesore. I'm not sure the old trailer park wasn't better than what is there currently.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2013, 3:30 AM

Proposed bridge over Utah Lake ‘very much alive’
If you thought the silence about building a bridge over Utah Lake meant the project was dead, think again.

In 2011, the Utah Legislature -- prompted by the bridge proposal -- created new requirements for anyone wanting to put a structural crossing over state sovereign lands, including Utah Lake. The new rule basically meant the group pushing the bridge would need to start a new application. In the intervening year and a half, no application has been filed.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2013, 4:28 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

'very much alive' I'll believe that when I see the process completed. I am glad that the state made the process much more difficult, eliminating fly by night proposals that would most likely end up being half built and abandoned across the lake.

If the proposal does happen, hopefully the state, county and the cities involved will look at the reality of the proposal and who it would really benefit, beyond the land owner on each side of the lake.

If I recall correctly the previous proposal had the bridge heading SW to NE, which was pointless, as the newly improved Redwood Road & Mtn View Corridor are designed to help Saratoga Springs residents travel north. Not to mention that the majority of residents in the Saratoga Springs and Eagle Mtn area live north of the west end of the bridge, which would make the bridge pointless for SL bound traffic. If the bridge were to be effective it should go NW to SE providing better access to Provo.

Don't get me wrong, I am not in support of the bridge because it will only promote more sprawl in Cedar Valley.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2013, 4:13 AM

NSA construction update

Sorry for the poor image, but there isn't much to see over there other than large concrete walls being erected. So, this is a distant picture from the freeway. Yes, I took it while driving.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2013, 4:15 AM

Adobe campus

These buildings are so cool!

Old Posted Jan 4, 2013, 4:35 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Wow Orlando, you have been all over the place today. Thanks for the updates.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Jan 28, 2013, 7:39 PM

Lehi Winco

Does anyone know if Winco still plans on building a store in Lehi. They planned to a few years ago but don't know if they scrapped the plans.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2013, 10:48 PM
Wen Lambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry.anders View Post
Does anyone know if Winco still plans on building a store in Lehi. They planned to a few years ago but don't know if they scrapped the plans.
I've heard that it will be built on the east side of I-15 at the Thxgvng Pt exit (South of the Timpanogos Hwy). I cant remember the source but it seems plausible.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West