HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Oct 23, 2022, 5:41 PM

Site Cleared At 922 North Broad Street In Francisville

Current site:

Project rendering:

Quote:
A recent site visit by Philly YIMBY has revealed that a site has been cleared for the construction of a seven-story mixed-use building at 922 North Broad Street in Francisville, North Philadelphia. Also known under its full address of 922-38 North Broad Street, the structure will rise on the southwest corner of North Broad Street and West Girard Avenue and will feature 19,954 square feet of retail and 196 residential units, replacing a suburban-styled pharmacy. Designed by Coscia Moos Architecture, the structure will span 176,679 square feet and sport a distinctive multi-colored facade and a green roof. Permits list Ferraro Construction Group as the contractor and a construction cost of $20 million.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/10/site...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Oct 23, 2022, 5:42 PM

Construction Nearly Complete At 1201 West Girard Avenue In Yorktown

Quote:
A recent site visit by Philly YIMBY has noted that construction is nearly complete at a four-story, 166-unit multi-family building at 1201 West Girard Avenue in Yorktown, North Philadelphia. Designed by Landmark Architectural Design LLC, the 118,298-square-foot structure will reintroduce significant residential presence to a site formerly occupied by a suburban-style pharmacy, helping restore the area to its vibrant prewar density level. Permits list OCF Construction LLC as the contractor and a construction cost of $17.2 million.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/10/cons...avenue-in.html

Old Posted Oct 23, 2022, 5:43 PM

Construction Nears Completion At 545 North Broad Street In Poplar/Spring Arts/Spring Garden

Quote:
A recent site visit by Philly YIMBY has revealed that construction is nearing completion at a nine-story-tall, 108-unit mixed-use building at 545 North Broad Street in Poplar, Lower North Philadelphia. The development is located rises on the east side of the street, spanning a lot bordered by Brandywine Street to the south and Green Street to the north. Designed by CANNOdesign and developed by Elk Street Management, the building span 152,635 square feet, a figure that includes 11,130 square feet of commercial space on the ground floor. The project will feature a roof deck and parking for 31 cars and 50 bicycles. Permits list the Daniel J. Keating Company as the contractor and specify a construction cost of $20 million.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/10/cons...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Oct 23, 2022, 5:44 PM

Construction Advances At 1309-25 Cambridge Street In Poplar/West Poplar

Current progress:

Project rendering:

Quote:
A recent site visit by Philly YIMBY has noted significant construction progress at a six-story, 46-unit development at 1309-25 Cambridge Street in Poplar, North Philadelphia. The project will rise on the west side of the block between Cambridge Street and Girard Avenue. Designed by KJO Architecture, the 51,878-square-foot structure will include a roof terrace as well as 15 parking spaces. Cambridge 9 OZB LLC is the listed owner. Permits note Harrison Finberg as the contractor and specify a construction cost of $6.75 million.
Read/view more here:

Old Posted Oct 23, 2022, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Construction Nears Completion At 545 North Broad Street In Poplar/Spring Arts/Spring Garden

Read/view more here:
The change in material color is unfortunate. Maybe I'll get used to it and it'll look good when it's finished, but the tan against the gray kind of makes it look dirty to me. The gray stone with the darker gray metal in the renderings worked better together

Old Posted Oct 23, 2022, 6:40 PM

Quote:

Read/view more here:
IMO this is a rare miss by Canno.

The white metal cladding looks cheap and not well executed. Its a shame they didn't stay with white brick.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2022, 6:59 PM

Yeah that 545 North Broad building looks hideous. Hopefully some of the finishing touches make it look better because yikes.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2022, 7:43 PM

I'm somewhere in the middle for 545 N. Broad. I'd take it over what went up across the street but I agree that it's a downgrade from the renderings. Perhaps a change order due to supply chain issues?

Old Posted Oct 23, 2022, 10:08 PM

It’d look fine and more like the rendering if they went with a light limestone color instead of yellowish brick. Not sure what happened.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2022, 10:40 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhigh07 View Post
It’d look fine and more like the rendering if they went with a light limestone color instead of yellowish brick. Not sure what happened.
Yea, I think gray brick would have made this much better.
Overall it's meh, but I don't hate it. Still looks better than the heap across the street.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2022, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Yea, I think gray brick would have made this much better.
Overall it's meh, but I don't hate it. Still looks better than the heap across the street.
Have a feeling someone was like…

“Hey, wouldn’t it be cool if we matched the color to the synagogue next door?”

Design Consultant: “Wouldn’t that look odd juxtaposed against the gray paneling?”

“You’re overthinking it too much. It’ll be fine…”

Old Posted Oct 23, 2022, 10:52 PM
Chris

Quote:
Construction Nearly Complete At 1201 West Girard Avenue In Yorktown

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/10/cons...avenue-in.html
This project didn't turn out that well, and quite different than the renders.

I also see efflorescence on the left side of the building, hopefully it won't be an issue.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2022, 10:54 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
This project didn't turn out that well, and quite different than the renders.

I also see efflorescence on the left side of the building, hopefully it won't be an issue.
Hey at least we know it's real brick if it's doing that

And what's the issue? the renderings originally show panel in some parts but now it's full brick that a win win.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2022, 2:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
IMO this is a rare miss by Canno.

The white metal cladding looks cheap and not well executed. Its a shame they didn't stay with white brick.
Boy that’s a frustrating result. I don’t hate it necessarily, but it’s so close to being an incredible building. The bottom two floors are amazing, the top just looks cheap. Real shame.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2022, 1:48 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
Hey at least we know it's real brick if it's doing that

And what's the issue? the renderings originally show panel in some parts but now it's full brick that a win win.
True, the use of brick is good. I know it's not finished, but there are quite a few architectural embellishments left out... white window crossheads, architectural trim, no ground level stone (or fiber cement), etc.

It's just has a blah monotonous, institutional look. Zoning can be blamed for the lack of height & blockiness.

Previous article shows more angles... https://phillyyimby.com/2021/01/a-de...ladelphia.html

Last edited by PHLtoNYC; Oct 24, 2022 at 2:59 PM.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2022, 2:35 PM

Quote:
True, the use of brick is good. I know it's not finished, but there are quite a few architectural embellishments left out... white window crossheads, architectural trim, no ground level stone (or fiber cement), etc.

It's just has a blah monotonous, institutional look. Zoning can be blamed for the lack of height / blockiness.

Previous article shows more angles... https://phillyyimby.com/2021/01/a-de...ladelphia.html
A cornice would go a long way for this project.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2022, 2:39 PM

After multiple delays the penns landing cap project has finally bid and due date is 12/8/22- although Im sure it will get postponed multiple times. Scheduled completion isnt until 2030- we we have a long ways to go!

Old Posted Oct 24, 2022, 3:21 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Geez..8 yr process to build a cap over I95. Sad. In other countries, 8 years would be a whole creation of a metropolis.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2022, 3:47 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
Geez..8 yr process to build a cap over I95. Sad. In other countries, 8 years would be a whole creation of a metropolis.
And for one large square block, about a 12 acres.
You would think this timeline is to cap a 1 mile stretch... Frustrating to say the least.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2022, 4:07 PM

I was walking in Chinatown the other night and noticed the two builds burnt down was turned into parking lots. Is this going to be developed or is Chinatown going to sit on it again.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development