HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 5:46 PM
BANNED

TROLL= someone who has real answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Indeed

Best not to respond to his posts.

Don't feed the troll............
You can judge your age by the amount of pain you feel when you come in contact with a new idea.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 6:13 PM

Please nobody respond to Peter Michael, as this is just an attempt at promoting land that he can’t sell. So please continue to have our conversations about parking.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 7:11 PM
BANNED

People who will really need PARKING should respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
Please nobody respond to Peter Michael, as this is just an attempt at promoting land that he can’t sell. So please continue to have our conversations about parking.
Of course the Lower Coverdale HUGE parking is ideal for the new Events Centre, quick and safe, and it ESPECIALLY gets people to avoid driving in downtown Moncton area which will be a chaos of bottlenecks. SHAMING someone who brings an intelligent idea to this forum is plain rude.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer99 View Post
Did anyone check the internal webcam? There are some pretty hefty cranes on the arena floor. I wonder if the scoreboard is being installed?
Guess I shouldn't have asked this question. The internal cam appears to be broken yet again.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Guess I shouldn't have asked this question. The internal cam appears to be broken yet again.
Haha, I had a feeling it was down, every time I checked I saw the truck, but no movement

Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 11:41 PM
BANNED

Obviously, the doors of perception are closed for some.

A newcomer tends to be scorned by people who value cohesion of their social group as binding, as they feel they hold the higher ethical ground. The newcomer is also blamed by those who value “sticking together” because the newcomer is viewed as having violated their social code. The little social group wants to talk about mini-micro stuff, like why isn’t the webcam working today. Some people would like to know why the Moncton Events Center will of course be losing $10,000,000.00 a year in its operating budget, for the next five-ten-fifteen years??? Why do you think the Irving’s didn’t put a cent in it? The newcomer is viewed as having “contaminated” the social order. This seems to be true whatever the nature of the offense, in this case the offense was finding a huge parking lot in Lower Coverdale that is sure to alleviate the massive auto-congestions in downtown Moncton before and after the events a macro problem, and not discussing petty stuff like webcam failure. The MICRO is for the mini-friendly-little mouses, all saying not much between themselves yet purring like happy kittens. BUT the MACRO stuff, matter that’s really important is for the gods in Lower Coverdale.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 11:43 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

And now back to our regularly scheduled newscast..........

Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 11:44 PM

Does anyone know what date of which the new scoreboard will start to be installed? As well as when they plan on preselling season tickets for next year?

Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 11:55 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
As well as when they plan on preselling season tickets for next year?
Well, the final date for current season ticket holders to buy playoff ticket packages is March 2nd. Typically the balance of the money spent for the playoff package can be applied to the following season ticket package.

Also, current season ticket holders will have first choice of seating in the new events centre. As such, I would assume that 2018-19 seasons ticket packages for current season ticket holders won't be made available before at least April 1st (once the Cats are out of the playoffs). Allow at least several weeks for current season ticket holders to declare their intentions for the next season, and I assume that new season ticket packages for new subscribers likely will become available sometime around May 1st (or afterwards).

Just a guess.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoutDog View Post
8 person private box = $55,000/yr.
- Includes all events.
- Does not include food or beverages
- Every additional person must purchase ticket to the event.
Is this published anywhere or speculation?

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 3:44 PM

Well something with a lot of different parts has arrived on the arena floor, I assume it’s the scoreboard.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 3:59 PM

This came from a local business owner who was personally invited to the DT Centre for a tour and to be pitched to buy a box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
Is this published anywhere or speculation?

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
This came from a local business owner who was personally invited to the DT Centre for a tour and to be pitched to buy a box.
So they are floating numbers out there then. I know nothing about this kinda thing but it looks like, from the outside, if nothing is published then it's more of a supply/demand thing and not everyone will be paying the same price... makes sense.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 7:47 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The boxes also come in different sizes. An eight seat box is one of the smaller ones........

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The boxes also come in different sizes. An eight seat box is one of the smaller ones........
Ah, OK didn't know that either.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 5:43 PM

Scoreboard frame looks huge, especially considering its entirely an LED Screen & not a half scoreclock/half video screen. I am glad the city spent the additional 400K on this.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 2:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
Scoreboard frame looks huge, especially considering its entirely an LED Screen & not a half scoreclock/half video screen. I am glad the city spent the additional 400K on this.
It looks awesome, and heavy. No wonder they need the cranes to lift this thing. By the look of it, it should be raised up shortly.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 3:03 PM

When looking at the internal cam on the left, there are black seats above the regular seating area. It looks like they are near the luxury boxes. Are these the "club seats" that they are selling for $1,200/year or, if not, where are the club seats. Also, anyone know when these go on sale? Thanks!

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 3:55 PM

Quote:
When looking at the internal cam on the left, there are black seats above the regular seating area. It looks like they are near the luxury boxes. Are these the "club seats" that they are selling for $1,200/year or, if not, where are the club seats. Also, anyone know when these go on sale? Thanks!
The black seats on the left are the luxury suites. The club seats are below the luxury suites, they're the 3 sections between the bluelines on the penalty box side, 15 rows of seating going down to ice level. There are supposedly 850 club seats, which are visibly different from the normal seats; they have lots of padding, seem to have a higher back height, and they have cupholders.

Personally I'm glad they chose 2 different styles of seats, giving people the option to pay extra for the movie theatre-like experience, rather than forcing higher prices on everyone whether they care about high-end seats or not.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSquared View Post
The black seats on the left are the luxury suites. The club seats are below the luxury suites, they're the 3 sections between the bluelines on the penalty box side, 15 rows of seating going down to ice level. There are supposedly 850 club seats, which are visibly different from the normal seats; they have lots of padding, seem to have a higher back height, and they have cupholders.

Personally I'm glad they chose 2 different styles of seats, giving people the option to pay extra for the movie theatre-like experience, rather than forcing higher prices on everyone whether they care about high-end seats or not.
Are they the same colours as the regular seating? I cant distinguish them on the cam??

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces