HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 18, 2006, 1:35 PM
low life in a tall place

When did they clear that area? I was there in late February/early March and if I remember correctly that area was fully occupied. Damn they're fast!

Fabb,
It isn't full (I guess), but Pudong New Area has an open planning structure compared to HK or NYC. Less dense and less vibrant - but maybe more effective? Shanghai would probably need a new CBD anyway, since it's the economic heart of the largest economy in the world (in about 10 years that is).

Old Posted Jul 18, 2006, 2:18 PM
be nice to the crackheads

^ Pretty much all the plots in Lujiazui are bought and ready for development. The next big area is the North Bund. That shit will blow up huge in the next year.

As for the large area cleared in the pic above; it was a slow demolition only five months ago. I guess they went ape on it just recently.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2006, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb
It's doesn't look full.
It's not nearly as dense of the business districts of NYC and HK.
In Lujiazui there isn't any plot left without an approved project excepting Z3-2, whose design should be launched soon...

There is quite space beyond Jasper Tower after those shipyards were removed, that's true, but in that area projects are supposed to be under 150m. However, Lujiazui could be enlarged if they remove those awful residential mid-rises behind Shanghai Exchange Building...

Old Posted Jul 18, 2006, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanghai_Fan
In Lujiazui there isn't any plot left without an approved project excepting Z3-2, whose design should be launched soon...
I don't like this kind of urban planning. One building per plot. It's like suburban planning, and it only results in low density and lack of vibrancy.
There should be several skyscrapers on each plot and a mix of activities.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2006, 2:40 PM

^ That's Lujiazui for ya. A total disaster for the pedestrian, and not really that good for vehicles either actually. I guess the city figured that they'd leave Puxi for the walkers. I do find Luijiazui to be more and more photogenic as time goes on though .

Old Posted Jul 18, 2006, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb
I don't like this kind of urban planning. One building per plot. It's like suburban planning, and it only results in low density and lack of vibrancy.
There should be several skyscrapers on each plot and a mix of activities.
Lujiazui looks like a skyscrapers museum, when completed it would be really dense. You wont find many CBDs with so many +200m in a so little area. And two +400m so close to each other plus another one to be approved soon!

Old Posted Jul 19, 2006, 8:19 AM
low life in a tall place

Are they planning on building some kind of intra-Lujiazui public transportation system? As far as I know, there's only a single metro station on Lujiazui right now, and it's pretty fucking long walk to some of the buildings from that station.

A small LRT system or maybe a nice monorail would do that area good...

Old Posted Jul 19, 2006, 9:30 AM

Actually, there are two now. Line 4 has a station a little further east of Line 2.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2006, 10:21 AM
Crisp and Squishy

^Yes, except for the damned, unfinished gap in the line 4 (which pissed me off for obvious reasons, although since I moved I no longer care).

Old Posted Jul 21, 2006, 1:30 PM

^ Yeah, it makes the line pretty inconvient seeing as the unfinished stations would serve an area in dire need of them.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2006, 10:28 AM

Went past the Hong Yi building today. It looks to be topped out. The glass colour is awesome.

July 24

Old Posted Jul 24, 2006, 11:24 AM
sinjin

I could say that Shanghai is one of the world's currently booming cities.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2006, 4:40 PM

HUGE project under construction in background Pudong. Looks like a hotel, uh? You can see the International Ocean Shipping Building in the real picture,

文字补充

陆家嘴金融贸易区2-3,2-4地块--“世纪大都会”项目
  “世纪大都会”项目地处陆家嘴金融贸易区核心区域, 由东方路、张扬路、福山路、潍坊路围合而成,被世纪大道斜穿并分为南、北两部分。该项目占地面积约8.92万平方米,地面建筑面积约38万平方米。
  该项目所处区域交通条件十分优越, 是上海轨道交通规划网络中唯一一个四线换乘枢纽,轨道交通二号、四号、六号、九号四条城市轨道交通均经停本地块。 优越的地理位置、高效的交通枢纽,使得“世纪大都会”项目成为上海市内环线以内最具“人气”的稀有旺地, 建成后必将成为未来上海市中心最具竞争力的、集商业、文化、娱乐、 办公酒店功能于一体的城市现代服务业集聚中心,对提升浦东现代服务业功能,将起到举足轻重的作用。
  该地块由公司控股的上海陆家嘴金融贸易区联合发展有限公司拥有,于2005年2月25日进行土地使用权转让的公开招标。经过综合评标,同年11月20日确定和记黄埔地产有限公司为中标单位。
  按招标书约定,和记黄埔地产有限公司与上海陆家嘴金融贸易区联合发展有限公司,就合作进行该地块开发事宜进行了谈判和协商,并最终于2005年12月19日举行了双方合作开发协议的签约仪式, 约定由双方共同进行本项目的开发。其中,2-3地块项目由上海陆家嘴金融贸易区联合发展有限公司开发;2-4地块由和记黄埔地产有限公司开发。

*Posted by motemy in skyscrapers.cn

My Chinese is very bad, sorry. Somebody please translate the key facts

I found the exact location of the project using Google Earth, some of you guys could be interested in exploring the site and taking some pics, you know...

Old Posted Jul 25, 2006, 4:56 PM

Dude, I'm there tomorrow if the weather is nice (not likely).

I guess the hotels are connected underground. I find it kind of stupid to only have cars cross the huge pool. What a waste. It would be much better to have an elevated crossing for pedestrians over the traffic as well as an underground one. Probably costs too much though.

Anyway, it looks like an huge project only possible in Pudong.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2006, 6:18 PM

^^ That's great! The picture could be very old, who knows if there is a couple of cranes over there already! (Keep dreaming...)

BTW, look at the renders again, there are several tunnel entrances drawn.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2006, 10:04 AM

The weather was nice today, so I went to check out the site. Here is what I found:

Here is the entrance to the north plot

The south plot on the other side of the road

I wanted to get an aerial view, and as luck would have it I found a office tower with roof top access. Thanks god for unlocked doors

south plot

north plot (next two pics)

Seeing as I was up there I figured I'd take some bonus aerials for everyone's enjoyment

And finally, here's the building that I will definitely be returning to for updates of this project. I just hope they don't put a lock on the door. I'st the one in the center.

Last edited by giallo; Jul 26, 2006 at 10:15 AM.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2006, 10:19 AM

Here's an update on the last large swath of land in Lujiazui. It's being prepped.

I just realised that my bank has a great view of the North Bund Tower plot. This view will soon disappear behind the Jasper Tower and Development Tower. I counted six cranes.

Last edited by giallo; Jul 26, 2006 at 10:32 AM.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2006, 10:59 AM
low life in a tall place

Awesome updates, giallo.
I wonder how many Shanghai towers (that don't have official observation decks) you've been up in now. Thank god the Chinese don't give a shit about these construction sites (thus no locks on the doors).
It was similar on Kowloon in Hong Kong. Practically none of the residental towers/buildings there have locks on the entrance doors - hell, often there isn't an entrance door at all - just a stair that starts as soon as you enter the opening on the building. Walking up these stairs you get to the roof which almost never is locked - and from there you can get some neat Kowloon density shots from above.

By the way - is the Benz tower on Renmin Sq. still "open"? I would love to go up there again and bring my wide angle lens...

Old Posted Jul 26, 2006, 1:12 PM

The name of this project is Century metropolis

With total investment of RMB4.6 billion Century Metropolis is Super Commercial Center of Century Boulevard, which has stepped into initiation phase. As scheduled, the parts of project are expected to be put into use on the occasion of the opening of Shanghai World Expo by 2010. It is learned that located in the middle of Century Boulevard, Century Metropolis consists of Zhangyang Road, Fushan Road, Weifang Road and Dongfang Road in the form of rectangle. According to the planning, the transfer hub of four rail transport lines of No.2, No.4, No.6 and No.9 will be set in this land parcel. With total building area of 380 thousand square meters, Century Metropolis will be one of the centers where the urban modern service industries combining commerce, culture, entertainment, office and hotel function get together.

Century Avenue Project

The site is located at the heart of the Shanghai Pudong New District, occupying a unique position at the mid point between Lujiazui Financial Centre and Hua Mu Cultural Administrative District.

Located above the interchange station of four major Metro lines and being the connecting point for three tunnels, the site enjoys seamless transition and convenience, and is considered one of the most important planned strategic transport interchanges in the Shanghai City.

Being the core development of future Pudong commercial district, the site occupies a site area of over 547,000 sq ft. with a total gross floor area of 2,325,000 sq ft. It will be developed into an integrated complex consisting of high end shopping centre, five-star hotel and Grade-A office tower on top of a large-scale Metro interchange station.

Li Ka-shing Invest Five Billion in Century Metropolis

Shanghai Lujiazui Finance &Trade Zone Development Co., Ltd (SLDC) announced on December 20th that its affiliated Shanghai Lujiazui Finance &Trade Zone Jointed Development Co., Ltd 55% of whose shares it holds and Hutchison Whampoa Properties Ltd. owned by Li Ka-shing have entered into a cooperation agreement, according to which the two parties shall make an investment of two billion and five billion RMB respectively in jointly development the large-scale comprehensive business and trade project Century Metropolis.

The land where the project is to be carried out is Section 2-3 and 2-4, the core part of Lujiazui Finance and Trade Zone. It is on both sides of the Century Avenue and surrounded by Dongfang Rd., Zhangyang Rd., Fushan Rd. and Weifang Rd. with a gross size of 89,200 m2 and land construction area of approximate 380,000m2. Shanghai No. 2, No. 4, No. 6 and No. 9 subway lines are planned to be met in this area.

The Century Metropolis, which will be a concentration of business, cultural, entertainments, hotel and office activities when completed, will become the most competitive modern service concentration area in Shanghai downtown, therefore, will play a considerable role in improving Pudongs modern service industry.

Blessed with advantages such as favorable location, convenient transformation, etc., the area where the project is located enjoys the reputation of land king. After the public bid for the use and transfer rights of this land among such property or commercial big names as Hutchison Whampoa Properties Ltd., Sun Hung Kai Properties Limited, Swire Pacific Limited, and Shanghai Brilliance (Group) Co., Hutchison Whampoa Properties Ltd. won the bid with the bidding price of 4.56 billion RMB, or 12,000RMB per m2 which sets a record in respect of commercial buildings in this area.

There is another new tower under construction at the entrance of Century Avenue :

And I think there is another new building yard on the other side of Century Avenue, on the plot next to the POS Plaza.

Century Boulevard construction offensive (from Pudong Goverment site)

Two sides of Century Boulevard will be the next development highlight after Lujiazui central district. Currently, among 49 key projects built and to be built in Lujiazui functional district, there are 12 construction projects at the two sides of Century Boulevard, mainly including Gezhouba Mansion and Century Metropolis. Among these, there are 11 projects that have been proposed with amount of investment accounting for 26.24% of the total amount of investment. The Person-in-charge of Lujiazui Functional District Management Committee of Pudong New Area said it will build Century Boulevard into the world-class boulevard for sightseeing, commerce, transport, culture and recreation.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2006, 2:29 PM

Diamond Tower is put into construction in Lujiazui
Recently, Lujiazui Diamond Tower is formally put into construction and upon the completion by the end of 2008, it will accommodate Shanghai Diamond Exchange and its membership organizations will settle down it. Lujiazui Diamond Tower will be another symbolic tower at the south end of Pudong Century Avenue. With an area of about 6,400 square meters and the main building in the height of 68 meters, Lujiazui Diamond Tower is designed into two independent towers, which is jointed via glass curtain wall to be the middle courtyard.
It was learned that in the future two sides of Century Avenue will be another headquarters convergence location after Lujiazui central district. Among more than 40 key functional projects in Lujiazui functional area, 12 projects are built in two sides of Century Avenue. Besides Diamond Tower, Century Metropolis, Xiwang Tower, Huadong Automobile City, Jiahong Mansion and Gezhouba Mansion will gradually spring up.
http://www.pudong.gov.cn:7001/englis...109&ct_id=1811

That area is booming!

So, projects in that area:
Century Metropolis: 4 towers about 100m high
Diamond Tower: Two towers, the tallest one is 68m
Gezhouba Mansion
Xiwang Tower
Huadong Automobile City
Jiahong Mansion

I'll go on searching.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations