HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 5:48 PM
BANNED

SOURCE: westmc9th; Flickr

I got to admit this would look pretty cool!

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ditnow View Post
What an awful, banal, soulless building 1 WTC is. How sad, to think what a great architect could have done here.
Are you trolling?

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 7:07 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ditnow View Post
What an awful, banal, soulless building 1 WTC is. How sad, to think what a great architect could have done here.
You are in the definite minority here--any city would be most fortunate to have it and, in the context of the complete World Trade Center complex, it will be stellar.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire state of mind View Post
And who are you?
Don't feed the troll guys.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 8:13 PM

I disagree with Mr. Ditnow, but you guys are projecting some major insecurities with those responses. It's pretty obvious he's not trolling.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 8:15 PM
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiltyspark View Post
Don't feed the troll guys.
People are entitled to their opinion. It doesn't mean they were trolling.

Anyways I say the progress is quite wonderful.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 8:16 PM
not a NIMBY

It is awesome to see 1 WTC in person, but what do I know, I'm just a tourist.
I was very impressed with and moved by the simple solemn twin memorials.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 8:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lion View Post
People are entitled to their opinion. It doesn't mean they were trolling.

Anyways I say the progress is quite wonderful.
I don't know. From what has been going on around here recently I am starting to think that trolls are starting to walk into these forums, and just when I was getting comfortable.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 8:22 PM
BANNED

^^^ If internet trolls make you uncomfortable I can't imagine how uncomfortable people make you in real life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire state of mind View Post
And who are you?
Bill Ditnow obviously...

Anyhow, I tend to agree with him, this building is pretty banal in my opinion. Then again, that's a fitting tribute to the kings of banal which was the original WTC, but at least you can appreciate how overpowering those were, this is just one mediocre building that would be completely unremarkable if it weren't so tall and being built to replace the most notorious towers in history.

I'm sure I'm about to be completely shouted down, but here's to hoping 2 WTC is 2 times better than this boring tower... Hell I even prefer 4 WTC to this because the facade on it is much more interesting and attractive.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhereman1280 View Post
Bill Ditnow obviously...

Anyhow, I tend to agree with him, this building is pretty banal in my opinion. Then again, that's a fitting tribute to the kings of banal which was the original WTC, but at least you can appreciate how overpowering those were, this is just one mediocre building that would be completely unremarkable if it weren't so tall and being built to replace the most notorious towers in history.

I'm sure I'm about to be completely shouted down, but here's to hoping 2 WTC is 2 times better than this boring tower... Hell I even prefer 4 WTC to this because the facade on it is much more interesting and attractive.
The irony is people that like the new Four World Trade Center usually don't really like the new One World Trade Center while people that like One World Trade Center hates Four World Trade Center. Four World Trade Center is also seen as something simple for most people.

That is the reason why I liked the original World Trade Center. You can't say you hated them for their design because they both had the same design, because if you hated them then you hated both towers.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 8:30 PM
Khurram Parvaz

^ That's completely wrong. 95 percent of the people on this forum like BOTH 1 and 4 WTC.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 8:37 PM

Well I have to say, that it is better than that damn hole in the skyline, that was there for a while, and a whole lot better that that, wasted space of a piece of junk, that was going to be there, originally. At least it's no worse than the originals, in style and form.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BIG APPLE View Post
^ That's completely wrong. 95 percent of the people on this forum like BOTH 1 and 4 WTC.
I like both towers too but I see people doing what I stated above before.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhereman1280 View Post
^^^ If internet trolls make you uncomfortable I can't imagine how uncomfortable people make you in real life...

Bill Ditnow obviously...

I totally agree that tower 1 isn't that great. However I'm glad they're finally building something and at least it shows America isn't afraid to build big buildings.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 9:04 PM
An Optimistic Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMont View Post
Well I have to say, that it is better than that damn hole in the skyline, that was there for a while, and a whole lot better that that, wasted space of a piece of junk, that was going to be there, originally. At least it's no worse than the originals, in style and form.
My thoughts exactly. The WTC never tried to be appealing. These towers impress by dominating their surroundings, much like the towers before them. It is the boldness that makes 1 WTC great, much like the ESB compared to the Chrysler. I'm just glad we are repairing the skyline instead of keeping a hole which was way worse than what we have now.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
The irony is people that like the new Four World Trade Center usually don't really like the new One World Trade Center while people that like One World Trade Center hates Four World Trade Center. Four World Trade Center is also seen as something simple for most people.
I like them both. Unique in their own way. Don't speek for others.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 9:56 PM

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 10:15 PM
Bionic Boogie

DSC_0054 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr
SSP member since 2003
Please do not use any of my photos or videos without my permission. thanks

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 10:44 PM

Yes, the building is not very exciting but it is not horrible at all. Anyone who finds it ugly has low levels of taste. It's a very handsome building.

The Norman Foster puts it to shame and I STILL don't understand why it wasn't selected. We wouldn't have to deal with the 2,3 WTC stump mess if we went with this.

Nonetheless, 1 WTC is still a very good looking building.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 10:46 PM

i like this building. i like the glass, i like the design, and the pinnacle when complete, will serve its purpose with the building, ie. to be a symbol. the beauty of this building is its simplicity, in terms of design; offering a diamond and a pyramid shape at the same time. lol, i just thought of that symbolism, a diamond can represent strength, and the pyramid represents eternal life. anyway, as commercial demand goes, as well as the history of the area, this building and the others, will be more than great once completed, lets just hope they all do get completed.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive