HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 11:51 PM

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 1:32 AM

I wonder if the Port Authority will allow Philippe Petit to visit One World Trade Center's observation deck for free just like when the PA granted him a "lifetime" pass to the South Tower's Observatory. My guess is not likely.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 1:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
20 feet, and actually I would like to see Philippe Petit do something at the World Trade Center site. He is connected with the site due to him being part of it's history.
40 ft. in diameter than?

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 2:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599GTO View Post
Competence.
Also, no worker safety, noise pollution or other regulations to slow down construction.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 2:34 AM

COMING SOONG! From IntoTheLens827 Video Productions & NYBOY75 Productions

Hi Skyscrpaer Page & One World Trade Center (1WTC Freedom Tower) Forum!

(This is a message dated from March 26, 2012 by IntoTheLens827 Video Productions & NYBOY75 Productions)... There will be a New Video Series Coming For Spring / Summer 2012 on both Youtube Channels "IntoTheLens827" & "NYBOY75". This will be a Joint Production by Youtubers "IntoTheLens827" and "NYBOY75". They will be getting together to do a Video Series about New York City & The New World Trade Center. The video shoots will be of the New World Trade Center going up, The NYC Skyline From Different Spots & Angles, Doing Videos About Different Buildings In The NYC Metro Area, Doing behind the scenes "Video Interviews" with one another (and maybe with some SPECIAL GUEST), & doing some behind the scenes with there personal filming & projects, & just doing what they both love to do most.... TAKING PICTURES & VIDEO of NYC & showing them off to the Fans of NEW YORK CITY! Please stay tuned & SUBSCRIBE TO BOTH CHANNELS! They Thank you all very much! This will be a very good & different kind of video experience for both Channels! IntoTheLens827 & NYBOY75 is really looking forward to getting this new Video Series Project Underway right now! Production is to start in a few weekends from now (2-4 weeks from now)! So please Subscribe to both Channel & Please STAY TUNED! This is going to be BIG! -From Greg (IntoTheLens827) of "IntoTheLens827 Video Productions". We IntoTheLens827, NYBOY75 (QUEENSNYMAN) Thank YOU ALL VERY MUCH for your support! By the way, We also look forward to when One World Trade Center Is Finished along with the New World Trade Center itself.
Yours Truly, Greg (IntoTheLens827) & Joe (NYBOY75 / QUEENSNYMAN).

PLEASE CLICK VIDEO LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrWgnJ5LdvA
Please Subscribe, Rate (Like), & Comment!

Last edited by IntoTheLens827; Mar 28, 2012 at 2:55 AM.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 2:37 AM

Nice!

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 2:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosV View Post

DSC_0048 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
Nice picture Carlos. It can easily be made into something deceiving so people would think it is part of a Fringe episode.
I thought the exact same thing!

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 3:04 AM
not a NIMBY

leaving WTC by LUMIN8, on Flickr

One WTC by LUMIN8, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 3:08 AM

This is such a great thing to look at it. I have been to NYC four times over the past two years, beginning with April/May 2010, and it was nothing like this back then.

Such a great piece of history we are witnessing. I can't wait to see it again and also to be there on the day it is done.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 3:26 AM
not a NIMBY

Hudson view by LUMIN8, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 3:49 AM

[QUOTE=Jimby;5644180]

How come the WFC looks so small when it's over 750 feet tall?

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 4:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkDominates View Post

How come the WFC looks so small when it's over 750 feet tall?
When I was in New York, I noticed that my whole sense of scale seemed to go right out the window. Des Moines' tallest is 630 feet, and a block away it feels like it just goes on for forever, looming above you. But in New York, I'd see an interesting building, jot down the street corner, look it up later, and be stunned that what seemed to be a mid-rise building was 650, 700 feet. Your city is just crazy like that.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 4:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dralcoffin View Post
When I was in New York, I noticed that my whole sense of scale seemed to go right out the window. Des Moines' tallest is 630 feet, and a block away it feels like it just goes on for forever, looming above you. But in New York, I'd see an interesting building, jot down the street corner, look it up later, and be stunned that what seemed to be a mid-rise building was 650, 700 feet. Your city is just crazy like that.
I wish my city was New York,I'm from Nashville and been living here ever since.Yeah,the tallest one here in Nashville is 617 and looks amazingly huge from about a block away.I've always wanted to go New York but time and money doesn't allow.I bet it's mesmerizing seeing over 550 buildings that would dwarf anything in Nashville so densely packed.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 4:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Boston View Post
SBARN, you should do the same thing with this picture, if its not too much trouble, i just think it would be cool to see it from the opposite angle and at a little closer distance, great job on it btw, the wtc and hudson yards looked amazing in it.
Thanks, I'll try to do one from this angle at some point. In the meantime, here are a couple more photomontages, looking from the north, with the WTC complex anchoring Lower Manhattan.

Original Photo Credit to Matt @ SkyscraperPage.

Last edited by sbarn; Mar 29, 2012 at 4:37 AM.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 5:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarn View Post
Thanks, I'll try to do one from this angle at some point. In the meantime, here is a couple more photomontages, looking from the north, with the WTC complex anchoring Lower Manhattan.
You are my new favorite poster.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 7:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarn View Post
Thanks, I'll try to do one from this angle at some point. In the meantime, here are a couple more photomontages, looking from the north, with the WTC complex anchoring Lower Manhattan.

I hope I'm not being a PITA, but 15 Penn, GiraSole and Tower Verre would complete this. But then again, the first two might be blocked in that pic by the HY towers or the Manhattan West duo....or the first two might block the two duos. Looks to be the same for 50 West Downtown with the completed WTC complex (Edit: barely visible with a second look???). ANd I should add at least two imminent additions to 57th.
Any way I see it, if all goes well, this will be a mad crazy skyline.
BTW Nice superimposition of 432 Park; the dimensions look more realistic there. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with its height where it is, tho. ESB will inevitably lose her lone dominance...but while we wait for that to happen on the West Side, I'll haft get used to the new arrangement.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man Who Laughs View Post
This is such a great thing to look at it. I have been to NYC four times over the past two years, beginning with April/May 2010, and it was nothing like this back then.

Such a great piece of history we are witnessing. I can't wait to see it again and also to be there on the day it is done.
amen brother

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 10:54 AM
don't *meddle*...

I did some quick calculations and was stunned that 1WTC is going to be 1800'8'' tall, when measured from the lowest entrance to the tip of the antenna. Wow.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 11:05 AM
don't *meddle*...

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 12:25 PM

I can see my apartment building in that photo! The colors on that are incredible, definitely one of the best photos of 1 WTC I've seen. Thanks for sharing.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive