HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Old Posted Jul 1, 2024, 8:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitol Hill View Post
At 140,000 sq. ft. the Hudson’s Bay space isn’t too large for a Simon’s were something to happen.
Maybe that's why Simon's isn't rushing into the Nordstrom space at PC. They're waiting to see what happens with HB's Oakridge space..

Ron.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2024, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Landlord QuadReal announced this week that Oakridge Park in Vancouver, set to open next year, will feature annual seasonal events aiming to create a sense of community while driving foot traffic. Ahead of Canada Day, several Canadian retailers are also being announced for Oakridge, adding to an impressive series of tenant announcements earlier this year that included some of the world’s top luxury brands that will open in the centre in 2025.

Irene Quan, VP of Marketing at QuadReal, said that Oakridge Park will host a series of events every summer to activate the mixed-use centre, which will include a large retail component as well as offices, a park, residential towers and other uses. The goal of the summer activations, according to Quan, is to create a sense of community and build memories with a variety of activities available.

Activities will become part of the Oakridge Park experience, ranging from music to wellness to crafts. The concept makes sense from a psychological standpoint – locals will become familiar with the newly reopened Oakridge Park, and will be more likely to make repeat visits given that familiarity. The expectation is that visitor traffic will also drive retail sales in Oakridge Park’s shopping centre component, which will include a strong offering of luxury brands and other big-name retailers.
https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...-foot-traffic/

I think I saw a Nespresso CRU building permit so they'll also be back in the new mall.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2024, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahav View Post
Also, the Signature BC Liquor store is relocating from it's suburban-esque spot on Cambie and 39, just north from 41st. It is, I believe, the largest BC liquor store in the province? It is quite cavernous inside, and I'm sure has a better selection as well (I am basic, what I drink is available anywhere and is cheap lol, but this store is known to carry specialty items, offer way more variety, etc. I'll be curious to see what the new store is like, I can't see them cutting back on offerings or selection, especially now that it will be located right in a luxury mall lol, there will be more people stopping in for a bottle of wine or liquor to take home after they're done shopping. Very convenient to have it right there, most malls don't have them actually. Maybe a remnant of when malls abided by religious closing on Sundays too lol, who knows. There's obviously some malls that have them, but it's not as common as you'd think would make sense, there should be one in every mall really, based on product demand. The flip side of that is the old store was super easy for drivers, it had a giant surface lot, and always easy to access and park. Like I said, very suburban. But easy for drivers. I am assuming their new location in the new development will be far less 'sprawling suburban vibes' and more designed for a high end new shopping centre. Although there will be plenty of parking, there's just more "work" for a driver who used to just pull right into the current lot, no brainers. But parking at the new place will likely be more involved, and more of a chore than before. But hey, it's not a big deal overall, and helps a lot of non-drivers (not sure what % of patrons are drivers vs. non-car customers, would be an interesting stat). We all knew the old liquor store was on borrowed time, and would not be around much longer (the whole area is densifying/urbanizing, having such a huge land holding with easy demo in that location is a juicy prize, no way it could stay there for much longer. So the easy parking perk was never going to last anyways, so this move is a net positive I'd say.
it's their flagship location, sometimes you can find $85,000 bottles of something. They usually do a release of very pricey bottles in the weeks before Christmas, people line up.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2024, 11:21 PM

from the hive article
Quote:
Burns hinted at the opening of a French pastry shop, luxury restaurant offerings, a number of offerings in the coffee shop categories, and quick service food offerings around the transit plaza next to SkyTrain Canada Line’s Oakridge-41st Avenue subway entrance at the prominent intersection corner of Cambie Street and 41st Avenue
would that be PAUL? looking forward to it all opening

Old Posted Jul 1, 2024, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
would that be PAUL? looking forward to it all opening
There's a new PAUL cafe in the lobby of VCII.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfBC View Post
Maybe that's why Simon's isn't rushing into the Nordstrom space at PC. They're waiting to see what happens with HB's Oakridge space..

Ron.
That would be a smart move, as it's a bit farther away from the existing store at Park Royal, too.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2024, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahav View Post
Also, the Signature BC Liquor store is relocating from it's suburban-esque spot on Cambie and 39, just north from 41st. It is, I believe, the largest BC liquor store in the province? It is quite cavernous inside, and I'm sure has a better selection as well (I am basic, what I drink is available anywhere and is cheap lol, but this store is known to carry specialty items, offer way more variety, etc. I'll be curious to see what the new store is like, I can't see them cutting back on offerings or selection, especially now that it will be located right in a luxury mall lol, there will be more people stopping in for a bottle of wine or liquor to take home after they're done shopping. Very convenient to have it right there, most malls don't have them actually. Maybe a remnant of when malls abided by religious closing on Sundays too lol, who knows. There's obviously some malls that have them, but it's not as common as you'd think would make sense, there should be one in every mall really, based on product demand. The flip side of that is the old store was super easy for drivers, it had a giant surface lot, and always easy to access and park. Like I said, very suburban. But easy for drivers. I am assuming their new location in the new development will be far less 'sprawling suburban vibes' and more designed for a high end new shopping centre. Although there will be plenty of parking, there's just more "work" for a driver who used to just pull right into the current lot, no brainers. But parking at the new place will likely be more involved, and more of a chore than before. But hey, it's not a big deal overall, and helps a lot of non-drivers (not sure what % of patrons are drivers vs. non-car customers, would be an interesting stat). We all knew the old liquor store was on borrowed time, and would not be around much longer (the whole area is densifying/urbanizing, having such a huge land holding with easy demo in that location is a juicy prize, no way it could stay there for much longer. So the easy parking perk was never going to last anyways, so this move is a net positive I'd say.
Park Royal, Capilano Mall, Guildford Mall, Harbour Centre, Kingsgate Mall, Champlain Square, and I'm sure others I have missed are all malls with BC Liquor Store locations.

Many other malls also have 3rd party liqour stores.

Ron.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2024, 1:12 AM

City Square has an independent liquor store right near an entrance with short term parking just outside.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2024, 2:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfBC View Post
Park Royal, Capilano Mall, Guildford Mall, Harbour Centre, Kingsgate Mall, Champlain Square, and I'm sure others I have missed are all malls with BC Liquor Store locations.

Many other malls also have 3rd party liqour stores.

Ron.
Lynn Valley Centre always had a liquor store as well I think. I assume BC Liquor stores would have also been closed on Sundays so it wouldn't have mattered if they were in a mall.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2024, 9:44 PM

That concrete structure mid-block with the curved ramps is an entrance to the shopping mall.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C954b_IyllC/

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyburger View Post
That concrete structure mid-block with the curved ramps is an entrance to the shopping mall.

Thanks.
Looks like street level is a lower than the mall at that entrance.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Thanks.
Looks like street level is a lower than the mall at that entrance.
I guess with the slope you are sort of closer to P1 at that point. Even further up Cambie there seems to be stairs

Credit: https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/oakr...-february-2019

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 10:37 PM

Quote:
I guess with the slope you are sort of closer to P1 at that point. Even further up Cambie there seems to be stairs

Credit: https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/oakr...-february-2019

https://www.piokok.com/profile/westbankcorp/

This makes more sense now.

https://leasing.oakridgepark.com/buildings/leasing/

Safeway and the Liquor Store will be on P2 and the plans show a mezzanine on P1 to access Safeway from the street.

https://leasing.oakridgepark.com/buildings/leasing/

Last edited by officedweller; Jul 29, 2024 at 10:50 PM.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 10:38 PM

Quote:

Yeah the glass is pretty nice (and seen throughout the skylights elsewhere in the project) and has some good views of the towers above:

Last edited by LeftCoaster; Jul 29, 2024 at 11:06 PM.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2024, 5:20 PM

What's with those 3 random balconies near the bottom?

Old Posted Aug 2, 2024, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by griswold View Post
What's with those 3 random balconies near the bottom?
Architecture.

I assume it's part of some amenity for the offices (?)

Old Posted Aug 5, 2024, 10:22 PM

Creative Energy's BCUC submission for Oakridge Park from June.

Quote:
Construction for the Oakridge Park project is progressing, and the first Occupancy Date is currently scheduled to be Building 2. Oakridge Energy has been advised by the Oakridge Park developer that this could occur at some point during the third quarter of 2024.
Building 1-7 Connection 2024
Building 5 2027
Building 8-14 2027
Building 12 2024
Mall Phase 1A/1B/2A 2024
Mall Phase 2 Part 2 2027

https://docs.bcuc.com/documents/proc...rra-public.pdf

https://www.bcuc.com/OurWork/ViewPro...icationid=1245

Old Posted Aug 6, 2024, 11:10 PM

Building 2 is the social housing building.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2024, 3:41 AM

The first balcony is going up soon or is already up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_B89LRSi7Q/

Old Posted Aug 25, 2024, 5:49 PM

2024, Aug 23

Lot's it's work on the median along Cambie

Untitled by Lexus LX, on Flickr

Curved glass at the podium level

Old Posted Aug 26, 2024, 6:35 PM

Nice curved glass there.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver