HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 18, 2022, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinCitySparky View Post
Winnipeg has theft, bus shelters have bums, some guy is angry he didn’t bring his tools in the house like an experienced Winnipegger and had a bad day, everyone’s an inconvenienced victim, cool guys let’s move the fuck on already.
Wow...that's really nice of you. Bring my tools in. It's a work truck. Keywords there buddy. I'm not talking some socket sets here. I'm talking industrial tools that are not exactly light to bring in a house.

I'm glad you have had it ok so far. But I think if you were in my situation you'd be a little pissed off that you just lost $6k in tools. And lost your work truck with it and now cannot even work FFS. And you wonder why small business have a hard time....you have no idea what I've been through this year buddy. So cool it.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2022, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borkborkbork View Post
"I won't go to the forks, it's too dangerous"
-- people who never went to the forks in the first place
FYI..Many people that go there regularaly or oaccasionally are seldom returning as of late.
Not everyone can cycle there..not everyone is under 50..
There are people over a certain age that are affected.Random stabbings, muggings make it less desirable especially for people that can not run that fast, they are targets.
I can not go with my elder relatives for supper any longer as before.
Perhaps once in awhile a lunch and that might be it.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2022, 3:20 AM

Does that mean Grant Park mall or Regent Ave visits either as they both had incidents recently.

I'm at The Forks 1020 pm to pickup my daughter from work, and on the night of a major rain storm I still see a dozen or so people milling about. All between 20-50. Feels quite safe to me

Old Posted Jul 21, 2022, 6:22 PM
Formerly rypinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
Does that mean Grant Park mall or Regent Ave visits either as they both had incidents recently.

I'm at The Forks 1020 pm to pickup my daughter from work, and on the night of a major rain storm I still see a dozen or so people milling about. All between 20-50. Feels quite safe to me
It's the go to neighborhood playground for myself and my 3 year old daughter, playground always full.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2022, 11:39 PM

I was at the Forks last night and there were lots of people about and everyone was having a good time. Then suddenly I froze with fear. Things got dark. There was man approaching me who appeared to be dressed in rags and armed possibly with a long gun. Phew. It was just Gandhi.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2022, 1:07 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
I was at the Forks last night and there were lots of people about and everyone was having a good time. Then suddenly I froze with fear. Things got dark. There was man approaching me who appeared to be dressed in rags and armed possibly with a long gun. Phew. It was just Gandhi.
I’m sure those who have been assaulted or stabbed at the Forks would find this hilarious, rape jokes next in your repertoire?

Old Posted Jul 24, 2022, 1:40 AM

Old Posted Jul 24, 2022, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
I’m sure those who have been assaulted or stabbed at the Forks would find this hilarious, rape jokes next in your repertoire?
100% Agreed.
Disgusting.Deplorable comment.
Spewing venemous garbage.
If the poster of the comment or members of their family was brutally victimized they might not be so quick to try & compete with the likes of Andrew Dice Clay..
The amorale prepetrators, many tweens and teens... have no fear..
The many innocent victims take longer to be treated with long waits at the ER... than those hoodlums who are out from the arrest within 2 hours back on the streets causing harm once again.We need much tougher sentences both for adults & kids..Do the Crime do the time.... and perhaps boot camp or even worse?

Old Posted Jul 24, 2022, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKGUY View Post
100% Agreed.
Disgusting.Deplorable comment.
Spewing venemous garbage.
If the poster of the comment or members of their family was brutally victimized they might not be so quick to try & compete with the likes of Andrew Dice Clay..
The amorale prepetrators, many tweens and teens... have no fear..
The many innocent victims take longer to be treated with long waits at the ER... than those hoodlums who are out from the arrest within 2 hours back on the streets causing harm once again.We need much tougher sentences both for adults & kids..Do the Crime do the time.... and perhaps boot camp or even worse?
Grow up. Get out from under the bed buddy. If you can't see satire when you see it, then you take yourself way too seriously. I'm not unhappy to be on the wrong side of a right wingnut like Skylar who hates the city and sensationalizes everything.
By the way, for your edification, satire is "an artistic form, chiefly literary and dramatic, in which human or individual vices, follies, abuses, or shortcomings are held up to censure by means of ridicule, derision, burlesque, irony, parody, caricature, or other methods, sometimes with an intent to inspire social reform" (Britannica). In this case, it is a parody of people who are afraid to go out and who sensationalize their own fears, or supposed fears. If it works, it draws out the people being parodied, in this case you. I could on to parody your and Skylar's ridiculous responses, but hey, I think the point has been made.

Last edited by Ando; Jul 25, 2022 at 12:05 AM.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2022, 4:06 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Grow up. Get out from under the bed buddy. If you can't see satire when you see it, then you take yourself way too seriously. I'm not unhappy to be on the wrong side of a right wingnut like Skylar who hates the city and sensationalizes everything.
By the way, for your edification, satire is "an artistic form, chiefly literary and dramatic, in which human or individual vices, follies, abuses, or shortcomings are held up to censure by means of ridicule, derision, burlesque, irony, parody, caricature, or other methods, sometimes with an intent to inspire social reform" (Britannica). In this case, it is a parody of people who are afraid to go out and who sensationalize their own fears, or supposed fears. If it works, it draws out the people being parodied, in this case you. I could on to parody your and Skylar's ridiculous responses, but hey, I think the point has been made.
A true person of character would have manned up and apologized for making a pretty crass attempt at humour about a tragic set of events. Trying to mask it because of a difference of opinion on other posters political leanings was just lame and sad!

Guess seeing where the comment was coming from speaks volumes about the individual!

Old Posted Jul 25, 2022, 1:10 PM

was there Fri night having beers outside and again it was a fantastic evening, so many people, all ages. such a gem of a place in the city. really too bad water levels are still so high that boats (besides splash dash) can't dock.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2022, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Wow...You are an Arrogant, Dismissive, Pompous, Condescending Ignoramus.
You are Combative. com·bat·ive ready or eager to fight; pugnacious.
I am well educated so you Need Not Inform me what Satire means. I also have been involved in the entertainment world most of my life so once again no need for attempting to educate me on Satire.
Maybe you need to learn to have some compassion?
I am usually the eternal optimist but sadly you shrug off horrific victimizations of late as a one off and crying wolf.. I am sure the recent Ukrainian immigrants fleeing violence there in Ukraine would love to see your uncaring cavalier attirude, or how about the dad & daughtre assulated and mugged @ 7:30 pm daylight hours? If it was you or a loved one seriously facing perhaps life altering injuries you might have a bit more compassion. Laws have to change to deal with all violence especially from teens causing it as there is no fear whatsoever. Also, we need to rise up as it is happening in all regions of the city and time to take our city back. Winnipeg is becoming feared yet the laughing stock of Canada with the amount of violence happening of late.
This just in..
A 17-year-old arrested after bear spray assault on 3 teens (12 - 18) @ at The Forks Sunday eve. 2 remain at large. Story in The Winnipeg Free Press.

Last edited by BAKGUY; Jul 25, 2022 at 6:10 PM.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2022, 5:59 PM
There is always a way

LMAOOO this is the most entertaining exchange I’ve witnessed in a while! Congrats guys!
Federalist #10, James Madison

Old Posted Jul 25, 2022, 6:25 PM

Quote:
What is this, cancel culture?

Old Posted Jul 25, 2022, 8:16 PM

Quote:
A true person of character would have manned up and apologized for making a pretty crass attempt at humour about a tragic set of events. Trying to mask it because of a difference of opinion on other posters political leanings was just lame and sad!

Guess seeing where the comment was coming from speaks volumes about the individual!
I’m trying to withhold my laughter at this comment. You talking about “character”? So funny. You’re a pantomime villain who flits on and off making negative comments. Priceless.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2022, 8:27 PM

Quote:
I am well educated so you Need Not Inform me what Satire means. I also have been involved in the entertainment world most of my life so once again no need for attempting to educate me on Satire.
I am usually the eternal optimist but sadly you shrug off horrific victimizations of late as a one off and crying wolf.. I am sure the recent Ukrainian immigrants fleeing violence there in Ukraine would love to see your uncaring cavalier attirude, or how about the dad & daughtre assulated and mugged @ 7:30 pm daylight hours? If it was you or a loved one seriously facing perhaps life altering injuries you might have a bit more compassion. Laws have to change to deal with all violence especially from teens causing it as there is no fear whatsoever. Also, we need to rise up as it is happening in all regions of the city and time to take our city back. Winnipeg is becoming feared yet the laughing stock of Canada with the amount of violence happening of late.
This just in..
A 17-year-old arrested after bear spray assault on 3 teens (12 - 18) @ at The Forks Sunday eve. 2 remain at large. Story in The Winnipeg Free Press.
You claim to be educated yet you appear to be flummoxed at the meaning. Your posts are a scattergun of raving fears and exaggerated over the top hand-wringing. Yes, violence does occur in the world and we should do all we can to prevent it, which includes treating the reasons why it occurs. What we do not need is the kind of trumped up scaremongering that you engage in. The Forks is the number one destination and thousands visit weekly. I have been a million times have never been assaulted, my family and friends have been a million times and never been assaulted. Quit prancing around like a scared chicken and try to engage in some constructive reasoning.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2022, 8:29 PM

Quote:

Awwww snowflake, you going to be o.k? Do you need a safe space?

Old Posted Jul 25, 2022, 8:32 PM

Quote:
This just in..
Yes, nothing screams "well educated" more than the random use of capital letters throughout sentences and the incorrect use punctuation.

Or saying you're well educated. All the well educated people I know walking around telling everyone how well educated they are. I bet you love to tell people you're not a racist either, right?

Old Posted Jul 25, 2022, 8:43 PM

Quote:
You claim to be educated yet you appear to be flummoxed at the meaning. Your posts are a scattergun of raving fears and exaggerated over the top hand-wringing. Yes, violence does occur in the world and we should do all we can to prevent it, which includes treating the reasons why it occurs. What we do not need is the kind of trumped up scaremongering that you engage in. The Forks is the number one destination and thousands visit weekly. I have been a million times have never been assaulted, my family and friends have been a million times and never been assaulted. Quit prancing around like a scared chicken and try to engage in some constructive reasoning.
I am a Realist.
You are an ostrich.
Admit there is a new problem there....several in the past few weeks...
A million visits to The Forks? No embellishment there.
Straight exact numbers.
You are a piece of work.
You are not worthy of my dignifying responses.
I believe we are in a serious situation that needs immediate attention and you make light of all the traumatized people of late?
I suppose no concern about Transit safety either.
A transit driver fled for his safety last night to avoid a stabbing.

Last edited by BAKGUY; Jul 26, 2022 at 2:43 AM.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2022, 9:35 PM
BANNED

Can’t wait for the jokes from Ando and his lefty minions to come up with some zingers about the city transit driver who had to jump out the window to escape being stabbed!

Got to be some good funny material here to right!?

Last edited by rrskylar; Jul 25, 2022 at 10:53 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan